PDA

View Full Version : Do your shed hairs do this too?

emilylightning
October 6th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I'll be looking in the mirror and spot something scary- IT LOOKS LIKE A DAMAGED END! Then I tug on it and it comes out. It wasn't a split end it was my root! It seems that all of my shed hairs fall out backwards. They fall out and then do a flip and stay in my hair. It's the weirdest thing. I'm always relieved when I tug it and it turns out to be a shed hair. :p

Am I the only one or is this common? :D

prettyinpink
October 6th, 2013, 08:33 PM
I don't shed when dry because its super curly. when i get in the shower and comb it through with conditioner and huge monster hairballs fall out, lol. Is your hair silky? Maybe thats why. is it easy to get a comb through your hair?

Audhumla
October 6th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mine do that too . . .
I think it might be because when the individual hair falls out, at first it would just be in place, where it was when it was still attached to your scalp. Then when you brush it it would probably drag the top of the hair through your hair while the end might stay entwined in its original position with the ends. So you'd end up with both ends of the hair sticking out at the bottom with the length making a loop through your hair.
I don't know.

Rio040113
October 6th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Haha nope, you're definitely not the only one with confused shedding! :P

sweetinlace
October 6th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Happens to me all of the time

Sarahlabyrinth
October 6th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Yep this happens to me, always thought it was strange!

Asrai
October 6th, 2013, 10:40 PM
This happens to me all the time! It's like my hairs completely flip upside down when they shed. I'll find a hair root in my ends & when I go to pull it out, it just keeps going until the end comes out near my root. I'm glad it's not just me; whenever I've mentioned it to anyone, I got really weird, confused looks.

emilylightning
October 6th, 2013, 11:38 PM
@prettyinpink
Yep, I have silky hair :D It's pretty easy to get a comb through my hair [most of the time, lol]
--
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'd been thinking about this forever and I finally remembered to ask :p

CurlMonster
October 7th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Yes this happens to me a lot. I don't really understand it either. Often when I do a braid I'll find a number of these in my braid tassle and have to pull them out before I secure it or else they drive me nuts all day.

PeaceTeaRules
October 7th, 2013, 03:45 AM
This happens to me quite a bit, more so recently than not. It irks me when it does because upon pulling it out I fear that there are damages from the pulling out of the loose hair... awkward wording there... Sorry.

Ashflower89
October 7th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Haha yes, that just happened to me this morning. My shed hairs are always hanging way lower than my attached hairs, so I think "how did i miss a hair that long the last time it got cut?" Heh

Leery
October 7th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Yep, happens to me all the time. I'd say nine time out of ten my "damage" and "splits" turn out to be shed hairs, dust or two electrostatically joined hairs. Either I just don't have a lot of split ends or I'm terrible at spotting them.

emilylightning
October 7th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Yep, happens to me all the time. I'd say nine time out of ten my "damage" and "splits" turn out to be shed hairs, dust or two electrostatically joined hairs. Either I just don't have a lot of split ends or I'm terrible at spotting them.

Omg all I can say to this is "ME TOO!!!"