PDA

View Full Version : Changing Email Address

TammySue
March 8th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Hi there, maybe a Mod can help me out!
I tried to change my email address (which is ancient and one that I don't use anymore) plus at the same time I was trying to change my password too. When I tried to enter these, I got a message about my email address being banned.

Thanks for any help!

Dianyla
March 8th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Tammy - we don't allow email addresses from many of the free web email providers. The reason for this is because anyone can sign up for a disposable address while attempting to circumvent certain restrictions.

Hope this helps! :)

TammySue
March 8th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks Dianyla! I do recall reading that somewhere and should have remembered that!

Dianyla
March 8th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks Dianyla! I do recall reading that somewhere and should have remembered that!
No problem! It's hard to tell what are the old quirks vs. the new quirks. ;)

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Tammy - we don't allow email addresses from many of the free web email providers. The reason for this is because anyone can sign up for a disposable address while attempting to circumvent certain restrictions.

Hope this helps! :)
Really? I have a gmail address, and it works fine. Is gmail not included on the banned list?

Flaxen
March 8th, 2008, 01:55 PM
snowbear, PMing you. ;)

squiggyflop
March 8th, 2008, 06:10 PM
i have a gmail aswell... hmmm.. i know i dont pay anything... perhaps gmail is more secure maybe?

Dianyla
March 8th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Gmail is one of the few free email services that are not overrun with spammers. The invite-only system helps provide a relative credential.

dancingbarefoot
March 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I don't think it's invitation-only anymore, but it does have a lot better spam and hacker protection than Yahoo and Hotmail. Much better for the security of everyone at LHC.

tigerlily83
August 15th, 2008, 04:34 PM
So if someone needed to change their email address to a gmail one, can they change it or no?

wintersun99
August 15th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I don't think it's invitation-only anymore, but it does have a lot better spam and hacker protection than Yahoo and Hotmail. Much better for the security of everyone at LHC.

You are correct - it is NOT invite only, anymore...

Flaxen
August 15th, 2008, 07:02 PM
So if someone needed to change their email address to a gmail one, can they change it or no?
Yes they can. :smile:

Hedera
April 21st, 2014, 02:25 PM
An old thread, but I couldn't find a more relevant one:

I tried to update my email address, but got a message that the new one apparently wasn't allowed.

I'm trying to get away from Gmail (and Big Brother Google in general) and I would really like to use my main email address - which is a perfectly respectable inbox.com one, that I even pay for no less. ;)
Is there any way to get that address approved?

Anje
April 21st, 2014, 03:31 PM
PMing you....

Hedera
April 21st, 2014, 03:39 PM
PMing you....

Got it, thank you! :)