PDA

View Full Version : Hair Crisis, I ripped my hair and now I have an afro.. I might die

samanthaj08
October 6th, 2013, 04:21 PM
So my hair was in a half ponytail and it was caught and I couldn't get the hairtie out and I was tired. In my half asleep state, I ripped it out.

I. Ripped. It. Out. Seriously I would never do this, I think I was possessed.

My hair is just starting to reach the top of my pants (aka, my dreams have come true), but now I have this stupid ear length xxxx looking hairs that stick out like an afro halo and I might die. Seriously it looks horrible.

How can I fix this? Is it even fixable?

Sorry for the melodramatic hair diva post, I'm just completely freaked out.

**note** When I was younger, I had an afro. I like them. I like how they look and have great respect for people who maintain them. I simply meant that having 20 hairs sticking out from the rest of my head looks really out of place. Also, I'm about 140% sure I'm not racist since I'm in an interracial relationship so that accusation can just end there.

Firefox7275
October 6th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Just wash and deep condition it, maybe overnight coconut oil. Then trim up any hairs that are broken, next time just cut the hairtie out.

Raging Wolf
October 6th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I have to agree with what Firefox7275 suggested that you do. I feel your pain, I did something similar to my hair about a month ago and I still have halo hairs, even after I cut out the hair tie.

HintOfMint
October 6th, 2013, 05:00 PM
So my hair was in a half ponytail and it was caught and I couldn't get the hairtie out and I was tired. In my half asleep state, I ripped it out.

I. Ripped. It. Out. Seriously I would never do this, I think I was possessed.

My hair is just starting to reach the top of my pants (aka, my dreams have come true), but now I have this stupid ear length pube looking hairs that stick out like an afro halo and I might die. Seriously it looks horrible.

How can I fix this? Is it even fixable?

Sorry for the melodramatic hair diva post, I'm just completely freaked out.

Bolded mine. Be a little more careful choosing your words next time. Jesus.

Freija
October 6th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Yeah, not much you can do now, I'm afraid (and seconded the need to be more careful about word-choice). The suggestion to trim the ends of any broken hairs is a good one as it will prevent them from splitting (thus making the problem worse). In a few weeks they'll have grown a bit more and blended back in with the rest of your hair and you won't notice them any more.

allycat
October 6th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Sorry, I also missed what you were asking due to the offensiveness.

prettyinpink
October 6th, 2013, 05:09 PM
maybe you could try parting it differently, so the short part isnt the top layer anymore. I'm tired, so that probably didnt make any sense, lol. Anyways, good luck! Im sure its still just as beautiful

Synnovea
October 6th, 2013, 05:11 PM
So having an afro is worthy of death? Do you realize how racist this is?

Chromis
October 6th, 2013, 05:14 PM
There are some folks here with simply amazing afros and I'm sure many more lurking!

samanthaj08
October 6th, 2013, 05:17 PM
If your full hair is an afro, it looks nice. I actually really like them and had one when I was younger. But when I have like 20 hairs that stick out and are much shorter than the rest of my hair, it looks out of place. I didn't mean to offend anyone

TiaKitty
October 6th, 2013, 05:18 PM
My child has an afro, and this post makes me want to pinch your head off for suggesting her beautiful hair makes you disgusted and sick. Way to go... Thanks.

Chromis
October 6th, 2013, 05:20 PM
If your full hair is an afro, it looks nice. I actually really like them and had one when I was younger. But when I have like 20 hairs that stick out and are much shorter than the rest of my hair, it looks out of place. I didn't mean to offend anyone

I suggest the term "halo" to describe what the shorter hairs are doing. Most people here will understand this much better and it is a far nicer way to put it.

I don't think my halo in any way, shape, or form resembles pubes though!

Silverbrumby
October 6th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I get what you're saying. You had no intention of having two radically different lengths and now what do you do?

I'd consider using those cute clips and combs to secure the short areas while the rest of your hair is bunned or loose. Think of it as growing out bangs. Good luck.

Firefox7275
October 6th, 2013, 05:43 PM
It's only 20 hairs??????????? I thought it was like a quarter of your head was one texture and the rest was another!!!

TiaKitty
October 6th, 2013, 05:48 PM
If it is only 20 hairs, just pull them out. Problem solved.

allycat
October 6th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I understand you are madly editing to fix things, but I'd like to kindly request that "stupid looking" and "like an afro" still do not belong in the same sentence.

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I don't think twenty hairs equals an afro, so you're okay! I know the "no one will notice" comment doesn't work because YOU notice it, but really... no one will notice. Also, even if twenty hairs miraculously makes it look like you have an afro, then count your blessings... I (and clearly many others) think afros are beautiful.

HintOfMint
October 6th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Um... the OP compared afro-textured hair to pubic hair. Does anybody remember that scene from The Craft where the racist bully says, "Oh God look, there is a pubic hair in my brush. Oh no wait, wait. That's just one of Rochelle's little nappy hairs."? I didn't believe anyone would actually say something so similar in real life until this thread.

It's not just the title of this thread that's the problem.

Cherry*Tree
October 6th, 2013, 06:12 PM
So having an afro is worthy of death? Do you realize how racist this is?

She stated that she had an afro when she was younger, and likes afros.

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Afros do not look like pubic hair... I've never heard that remark until this thread (though I didn't *hear* it... you know). Want to know the only thing that looks like pubic hair? Pubic hair.

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 06:17 PM
She stated that she had an afro when she was younger, and likes afros.

It's a bit more than that. Somewhere there is this invisible line, and I think it was just crossed on tippy toes. Granted, she tippy toed back, but, uh, pubic afro hair? What?

Cherry*Tree
October 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM
It's a bit more than that. Somewhere there is this invisible line, and I think it was just crossed on tippy toes. Granted, she tippy toed back, but, uh, pubic afro hair? What?

That is true.

robin000
October 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM
In this context, it doesn't matter whether you're racist, whether you think you are, or with whom you are in a relationship. You've made statements that many consider hurtful (and which have a similarity to commonly repeated racist ideas from our culture's past), and other posters here have helpfully pointed out which words and statements are problematic. Just take the new info and learn from it.

sharonluvscats
October 6th, 2013, 06:28 PM
*eye roll* People get offended by everything on this site.

Sharysa
October 6th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I'm just going to be nice and leave out the problematic stuff in your post, since everyone else did it already.

Maybe it's my coarse, barely-wavy hair speaking, but 20 hairs for me is just around "that bit of hair that refuses to stay put unless in a Dutch/French braid" as opposed to "HORRIBLE HALO." If you want to hide it while it grows out, you can always do a good Dutch/French braid or use accent braids to keep it out of the way.

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Or, spray one or two pumps of hairspray in your palm and work your hand/fingers through that section. It will tame the stray hairs and still be pliable.

Cherry*Tree
October 6th, 2013, 06:38 PM
It was edited, so I had no idea she said pubic hair *cringe*

If I had, I wouldn't have been so quick to defend her.

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 06:40 PM
I saw it pre-edit, but another user quoted it. Which teaches me to be more careful with spelling and failed emoticons so someone can't quote me before I have time to edit! :laugh:

Cherry*Tree
October 6th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Ah, yes, I see it now.

Kaelee
October 6th, 2013, 06:54 PM
It IS possible that her natural hair texture DOES resemble pubic hair (I HAVEN'T SEEN IT, SO I DON'T KNOW!) especially after it's been stretched to extremes and the point of breaking (which at least on my hair, changes the texture of the strand in question radically, similar to the effect of curling ribbon with a pair of scissors.) It's also possible (probable?) that she's never heard the "pubic hair" reference to African hair (I hadn't either, until this thread). So I really wouldn't be so quick to jump down her throat (which is different from pointing out that her words may inadvertently cause offense).

Unfortunately I have a feeling I'm going to get jumped on myself for this post, but I felt like it should be said.

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: all around!

As for actual advice, I'd see how it looks after you wash it and condition it again. I have way more than 20 hairs that stick out at any given time :lol: I don't know that much about curly hair (I'm a straightie) but I'd expect that the stretching and breaking disturbed the curl pattern of those hairs and made them stick out, and they'll rejoin the others once washed.

Mya
October 6th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Discussing about racism, just because a hair style that typically belongs to black people was nominated, is quite racist itself.

Context, people. Afro only refers to a hair shape here.

Or, if not, straight haired people will be allowed to go berserk next time a user whines about having flat hair. Or I will go berserk next time someone whines about triangle head since that's my typical hair shape (and I was called names for that), and a typical shape of the 3s anyway.

(Ha, don't worry, I now like my triangle head and at the same time I see why others would not like it, I was among them for years. I don't feel that they would find me or my hair disgusting. Not at all.)

OP is perfectly free to find some hair shapes on her head terrible, as is anyone else here, especially since she's talking about a incident and not about the style itself.

Expressing physically aggressive impulses is very unnecessary. I understand everyone has their scars, but that's still very unnecessary.

Please no pitchforks. Have a nice day instead. :blossom:

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 07:21 PM
But I just went and got it out of the barn...

But yes, true, it could have all been meant very nicely, and not offensively. I commonly compliment people's hair on how much it looks like my private bits! :applause :rockerdud

0xalis
October 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM
You should probably use a really light oil to keep the hairs down. I'd suggest switching to scrunchies, also.

Kaelee
October 6th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Discussing about racism, just because a hair style that typically belongs to black people was nominated, is quite racist itself.

Context, people. Afro only refers to a hair shape here.

Or, if not, straight haired people will be allowed to go berserk next time a user whines about having flat hair. Or I will go berserk next time someone whines about triangle head since that's my typical hair shape (and I was called names for that), and a typical shape of the 3s anyway.

(Ha, don't worry, I now like my triangle head and at the same time I see why others would not like it, I was among them for years. I don't feel that they would find me or my hair disgusting. Not at all.)

OP is perfectly free to find some hair shapes on her head terrible, as is anyone else here, especially since she's talking about a incident and not about the style itself.

Expressing physically aggressive impulses is very unnecessary. I understand everyone has their scars, but that's still very unnecessary.

Please no pitchforks. Have a nice day instead. :blossom:

You said it better than I could!

But I just went and got it out of the barn...

But yes, true, it could have all been meant very nicely, and not offensively. I commonly compliment people's hair on how much it looks like my private bits! :applause :rockerdud

Well, she was talking about HER OWN hair, here, not someone else's.

chen bao jun
October 6th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm like, black, used to have an afro for five years, have black husband and kids who have had afros at various times and I was like, not offended...?
Girl rips significant amount of hair out of her head and part of her hair starts randomly sticking out and she's trying to find a way to describe it while she asks for help, says afro, says pube hair (that was more problematic to me since I'm from a generation which doesn't mention their private parts in public, but young people nowadays do) I see no reason to connect the afro comment with the pube hair comment and no reason to be offended about her description of hair looking like an afro--you knew exactly what she meant it looked it, no?
Life is too short to be catching everyone up on every single way they phrase things.
Plus, I liked having my afro at the time and think afros are attractive but I bet not everybody in the world likes afros. Truth to tell, at the time I had it, 3/4 of the people that thought I had a hideous hairstyle and said rude things about it were other black people. Not liking the afro hairstyle would not make anyone a racist in my book and saying you don't wouldn't like something on YOU doesn't mean you don't like it on others. I would so NOT like to be a blonde and it is not my favorite color of hair (though I have known some blondes to be very pretty)--does that make me a hater? I don't think so.
I know there's a history of racism in the US but does the oversensitiveness erase the history (or do anything except have people second-guessing themselves, apologizing for nothing and as worried about the 'thought police' as if this were a Communist country?)

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 07:46 PM
I think this is about to turn into a passive aggressive all-caps battle over who's post is more just and culturally correct. We could, however, transfer this melodrama to the "drudging up old posts/zombie" thread. Could be fun. Could be terrible. I feel a wee bit embarrassed I joined in on this, but, you know, pubic hair... and afros.

chen bao jun
October 6th, 2013, 07:56 PM
You know what I think is much more problematic than the OP's post and how she worded it?
That we have a Fia's hair-type chart that stops showing hairtypes at 3b.
That's really an issue in my book and actually affects people as the supercurlies are going to keep being referred to a chart that LEAVES OUT our hair completely.
I know that there was some issue initially like that people with types 3c-4c hair didn't send in photos or something, but I think that THAT is something that could be fixed now and ought to be fixed.
That's my opinion, others may or may not agree with me but although I do believe that the intent with the hair chart was not to offend(if I thought offense was meant, I would leave this site), I think it does not send a good message from LHC to those of us with the curlier hair. While who cares really what one girl who was upset about a hair accident (that would upset me, too, if it happened to me) said that wasn't phrased exactly right..? I phrase things not right all the time--its rather easy nowadays with people being so thin-skinned. But a chart is real thing and ought to be fixed.

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 08:03 PM
You know what I think is much more problematic than the OP's post and how she worded it?
That's really an issue in my book and actually affects people as the supercurlies are going to keep being referred to a chart that LEAVES OUT our hair completely.
I know that there was some issue initially like that people with types 3c-4c hair didn't send in photos or something, but I think that THAT is something that could be fixed now and ought to be fixed.

....The what? Link? Still learning. You mean the little initials and numbers thing under the avatar picture that I guessed at?

Kaelee
October 6th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm like, black, used to have an afro for five years, have black husband and kids who have had afros at various times and I was like, not offended...?
Girl rips significant amount of hair out of her head and part of her hair starts randomly sticking out and she's trying to find a way to describe it while she asks for help, says afro, says pube hair (that was more problematic to me since I'm from a generation which doesn't mention their private parts in public, but young people nowadays do) I see no reason to connect the afro comment with the pube hair comment and no reason to be offended about her description of hair looking like an afro--you knew exactly what she meant it looked it, no?
Life is too short to be catching everyone up on every single way they phrase things.
Plus, I liked having my afro at the time and think afros are attractive but I bet not everybody in the world likes afros. Truth to tell, at the time I had it, 3/4 of the people that thought I had a hideous hairstyle and said rude things about it were other black people. Not liking the afro hairstyle would not make anyone a racist in my book and saying you don't wouldn't like something on YOU doesn't mean you don't like it on others. I would so NOT like to be a blonde and it is not my favorite color of hair (though I have known some blondes to be very pretty)--does that make me a hater? I don't think so.
I know there's a history of racism in the US but does the oversensitiveness erase the history (or do anything except have people second-guessing themselves, apologizing for nothing and as worried about the 'thought police' as if this were a Communist country?)

Yay! Thank you for saying this, I'm glad you jumped in here. :flower:

That's my opinion, others may or may not agree with me but although I do believe that the intent with the hair chart was not to offend(if I thought offense was meant, I would leave this site), I think it does not send a good message from LHC to those of us with the curlier hair. While who cares really what one girl who was upset about a hair accident (that would upset me, too, if it happened to me) said that wasn't phrased exactly right..? I phrase things not right all the time--its rather easy nowadays with people being so thin-skinned. But a chart is real thing and ought to be fixed.

I think it's probably an oversight and yes, I agree it should be fixed!

henné
October 6th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Page 2 and I'm already bored and yawning ... I want to have your problems, people. I WANT to get offended about an allusion to pubic hair and I want to want to die because I pulled out 20 of my hairs ...

Now I'm off to kill myself 500 times over because my sandwich fell on the floor PBJ first ... *major facepalm*

/end of trolling

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Girl makes a post. Some people don't like it. Some people are fine with it. Enter people who don't like that some people don't like it and then it's the highschool lunchroom all over again? I mean, some people get offended. Others get offended that people got offended. And some people just like pubic hair. It's a never ending cycle.
:bs:

I still want to know about this full fledged hair chart, though.

Kaelee
October 6th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Page 2 and I'm already bored and yawning ... I want to have your problems, people. I WANT to get offended about an allusion to pubic hair and I want to want to die because I pulled out 20 of my hairs ...

Now I'm off to kill myself 500 times over because my sandwich fell on the floor PBJ first ... *major facepalm*

/end of trolling

I LOL'D

Girl makes a post. Some people don't like it. Some people are fine with it. Enter people who don't like that some people don't like it and then it's the highschool lunchroom all over again? I mean, some people get offended. Others get offended that people got offended. And some people just like pubic hair. It's a never ending cycle.
:bs:

I still want to know about this full fledged hair chart, though.

At this too.

(personally, I LOVE pubic hair. Just not on my head...most of the time. :eyebrows:)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I like it, too. The LPHC.

Firefox7275
October 6th, 2013, 08:37 PM

Perhaps it just balances out the hair chart on other sites where the type 1s are persona non grata, or the long hair site that is only for women of color (no men). Or maybe they are a reaction to LHCs omissions?
http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/

Kaelee
October 6th, 2013, 08:40 PM
I like it, too. The LPHC.

This made me think of images that I cannot link to because they're TOTALLY not safe for work. Google image search "pubic hair extensions". :lol:

Chromis
October 6th, 2013, 08:42 PM

/end of trolling

Wait, wait your peanut butter *and* jelly sandwich fell PBJ side first? Inside-out sandwich?! :spitting:

Kaelee
October 6th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Wait, wait your peanut butter *and* jelly sandwich fell PBJ side first? Inside-out sandwich?! :spitting:

Now that WOULD be a crisis! :lol:

I love how heated threads get derailed into hilarity on this forum.

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Sweet, sweet mother of pearl. What. Did I just see. I should have waited for work, though. Getting fired for looking at pubic hair extensions? Yes.

I want to know how the troll makes a sandwich. Sounds dodgy.

Annibelle
October 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Wait, long-time member henne is suddenly a troll? :confused: Y'all are crazy. I'm going to bed. :lol:

&rea
October 6th, 2013, 09:11 PM
My child has an afro, and this post makes me want to pinch your head off for suggesting her beautiful hair makes you disgusted and sick. Way to go... Thanks.

This seems a bit violent. I don't think OP meant to insinuate anything negative about your daughter or anyone with Afros, for that matter. In fact, the only negative comments she made were about her own hair. The wording could have been chosen more carefully, but I don't think it was her intent to offend anyone.

Moving on to some actual advice. If the hair has been stretched, I would cut the hair just above the point of damage. You may want to do an S&D session for that entire area of your head to avoid future splits. You could also try styles that would conceal the shorter hair strands until they are long enough to lay flush with the rest of your strands. From the looks of your avatar photo, your hair looks lovely and a few flyaway strands wouldn't diminish the overall look of your hair. Try not to worry about it too much.

;)

Chromis
October 6th, 2013, 09:23 PM

/end of trolling

Wait, long-time member henne is suddenly a troll? :confused: Y'all are crazy. I'm going to bed. :lol:
See above! No, we don't think Henne is trolling, she was joking about it in her post though. Big difference!

I still wanna see the inside-out sandwich though! This would seem to violate the laws of physics :lol:

WoolSweater
October 6th, 2013, 09:36 PM
I still wanna see the inside-out sandwich though! This would seem to violate the laws of physics :lol:

Or just leave you with really, really sticky fingers...

BrendaLoan
October 6th, 2013, 09:55 PM

/end of trolling

:laugh::applause That was hilarious

Tea Lady
October 6th, 2013, 11:29 PM

Open-faced sandwich maybe?

With a side of cheese! :cheese:

Tea Lady

Bagginslover
October 7th, 2013, 02:25 AM
I have pube-like hairs on my head (in fact, they're coarser and kinkier than my ACTUAL pubes! yeah, TMI I know, but meh), and when theyre short, they stand right up, afro style. If all my hair was that length, I wouldn't have an afro, and most of my hair is not kinky, but those that are do form an afro-like halo all over my head.

so OP, you are not alone in that unfortunate hair texture combo, where it doesn't match the bulk of your hair.

*disclaimer* 'unfortunate hair combo ONLY refers to having a small percentage of coarse kinke hairs amongst others of a significantly different texture, NOT to having those types of hairs as an actual hair type. All hair types are beautiful, and all hairtypes have their annoying foibles.

AnqeIicDemise
October 7th, 2013, 03:08 AM
The only annoying thing that's gotten me irritated in this thread has not been because of the OP's foot-in-mouth syndrome (its okay, OP, I've done the same) but the knee-jerk reaction from some folk. This is only compounded because lately it seems that no matter how a person apologizes, it doesn't seem to be done well enough for the masses.

I've seen this type of behavior a *lot* these past few months and for a little bit, I had felt attacked on a particular thread, was made cry and for a second I thought about leaving honestly (I had to take an LHC break, sadly). Thankfully I remembered not everyone is like this in this forum and we all have off days. I just hope things chill out soon. -pause- I think we haven't had much wine around here with the cheese lately. Seriously. :D

THAT ASIDE.... good lord ladies, what the bejebus did I just see?! A pubic hair fashion show... what? these things exist? I am so glad I'm at home, this stuff's hilarious... and totally NSFW

ETA: and horrible, creepy lash extensions to boot. Oh geez.. the horror! LOL

henné
October 7th, 2013, 03:55 AM
My sandwiches bend the laws of physics, folks. I got some mad sandwich skillzzzzz... :rollin: ;)

TiaKitty
October 7th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Okay, I apologize for saying Pinch Your Head Off. Around my place, it is an expression of exasperation. No one can really pinch another person's head off. It is pretty much impossible. It doesn't indicate violence, for real.

And my reaction comes from a place where I see my child be bullied and touched without her permission for having "an afro." OP indicated curly hair is worthy of dieing over and how it looks like pubes.

Using pubes as a descriptor for this set some people off, but the dieing part? That's what got me. That life with curly hair would be so horrid.

Phrasing and all... yeah. Someone said she probably couldn't think of a better way to describe the 20 hairs that were suddenly "afro" and "pube"-like.

Easier way to say it could have been I have 20 hairs that are "curly" or "3b" or something along those lines. Many other ways wouldn't have caused so much... irritation.

And now, I want :cheese: and PBJ.

Stray_mind
October 7th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Wow, people take everything so personally these days. Especially on the internet :). Chill out everyone... And for the problem-i might sound very harsh and cruel, but i agree with a person, who suggested to pull them out. It's hair and sometimes you even shed more than that ( 50 to 100 hair a day as i've heard), so your head won't even notice it (unless, of course, you have VERY thin hair). The other suggestion would be keeping your hair up for awhile, so those ripped hair would grow longer and blend in with the rest of your hair.

WilfredAllen
October 7th, 2013, 08:30 AM
It IS possible that her natural hair texture DOES resemble pubic hair (I HAVEN'T SEEN IT, SO I DON'T KNOW!)

This is true! I used to be super freaked out because I couldn't figure out where all the pubes I was finding were coming from until I realized they were falling off of my boyfriends head!!! He must have a similar hair texture to you, OP, because at a certain length his hair turns into as-close-to-an-afro-as-I-have-ever-seen-on-a-white-person. I can imagine it would look a bit silly to have one section looking like that, and the rest with longer, looser curls

I thought to recommend aloe vera gel to smooth them down, but I don't know how well it would work if your hair is as curly as his. If it were me I would probably just slyly pin them underneath another section of hair until they decide to start blending again.

Bagginslover
October 7th, 2013, 08:37 AM
I would advise against pulling them out, theyre only going to regrow, and you'll eigher have to keep pulling them, or they'll look the way you dislike for so much longer as they grow out ;) Leave them be, and oil them. Trim off the very ends to prevent them splitting too.

WilfredAllen
October 7th, 2013, 09:07 AM
For your viewing pleasure, Madam:
http://www.produceforkids.com/sites/default/files/styles/recipe-pagebreakpointsbreakpoints_theme_designzillas_mobi le_1x/public/Inside%20Out%20Roast%20Beef%20Sandwich.jpg?itok=6D YjWlk4

Wildcat Diva
October 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM
... this post makes me want to pinch your head off...

This seems a bit violent.

It's only a WEE LITTLE BIT so. All in good fun. I wish you could see me squinting at my index finger and thumb just a tad apart to gesticulate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EBlPy0byK8

"I'm crushing your head...."

spidermom
October 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I'd use a dab of styling wax, putty, or pomade to encourage those shorter hairs to lay down. Styling or aloe vera gel might work, too.

TiaKitty
October 7th, 2013, 10:39 AM
That *is* what I meant, WCD. Thanks for posting that. :D

Wildcat Diva
October 7th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Sure, no problem. I thought that might be it!

chen bao jun
October 7th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah, but we're on this site. what do we do, refer people with non-represented hair types to other sites? How about that for a message?
I'm glad people have chilled out about the OP and I'm sorry that now this is a thread-jack on my part. I repeat, I do not think offense was intended by this hair chart thing but how would I like, contact the mods and ask how we could add the missing hairtypes to Fia?

Perhaps it just balances out the hair chart on other sites where the type 1s are persona non grata, or the long hair site that is only for women of color (no men). Or maybe they are a reaction to LHCs omissions?
http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/

chen bao jun
October 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I'll never get used to the referring to hair 'down there' in public, but I was born in 1957.
My grandmother was born in 1891 and she couldn't say that a chair or table had 'legs'. You had to say they had 'limbs' so as not to be vulgar.
Maybe this relaxation of standards is for the better..or inevitable.. or something...
Off to have some cheese.

TiaKitty
October 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I'm really surprised the word merkin has not been brought up.

FuzzyBlackWaves
October 7th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Am I the only one whose pubes match their hair texture and colour exactly?

Thankfully not length. That'd just be uncomfortable.

TiaKitty
October 7th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I would advise against pulling them out, theyre only going to regrow, and you'll eigher have to keep pulling them, or they'll look the way you dislike for so much longer as they grow out ;) Leave them be, and oil them. Trim off the very ends to prevent them splitting too.

Well, the reasoning behind my suggestion of pulling them was because they were likely damaged, which is what made them curl up so much. I was thinking if she pulled them, they'd grow back in the same texture as her usual hair and likely not be as noticeable as if they were curled as a result of the yank. I pictured curly like curling ribbon curly...

WoolSweater
October 7th, 2013, 05:24 PM
You could always sport the Skrillex 'do.

WilfredAllen
October 7th, 2013, 06:22 PM

lol impressive ^.^ (: Mine don't

Cherry*Tree
October 7th, 2013, 06:27 PM
See above! No, we don't think Henne is trolling, she was joking about it in her post though. Big difference!

Same here. Toast, or bread for that matter, always falls peanut butter side first. Always.

Annibelle
October 7th, 2013, 06:30 PM

Lol, mine sure don't. My head hair is F and 2b/c. My other body hair is all M and 1b/c. I want curls everywheeeeere! :rollin:

Cherry*Tree
October 7th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Easier way to say it could have been I have 20 hairs that are "curly" or "3b" or something along those lines. Many other ways wouldn't have caused so much... irritation.

Oh course, this would probably mean the people with that hair get angry. Not as angry, of course, but there would still be an all out battle.

Without the magic sandwich.

Bagginslover
October 8th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Well, the reasoning behind my suggestion of pulling them was because they were likely damaged, which is what made them curl up so much. I was thinking if she pulled them, they'd grow back in the same texture as her usual hair and likely not be as noticeable as if they were curled as a result of the yank. I pictured curly like curling ribbon curly...

Oh yes, I did understand your reasonings, but the OP has said she has had a proper afro in the past, so I'm guessing her natural texture IS pretty curly anyway ;) As someone with mild trich from pulling small wiry hairs, pulling annoying/damaged hairs is something I wouldn't recommend anyone start doing :(

ZenaZoo
October 8th, 2013, 02:21 AM
*eye roll* People get offended by everything on this site.

This......

TiaKitty
October 8th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Oh yes, I did understand your reasonings, but the OP has said she has had a proper afro in the past, so I'm guessing her natural texture IS pretty curly anyway ;) As someone with mild trich from pulling small wiry hairs, pulling annoying/damaged hairs is something I wouldn't recommend anyone start doing :(

Gotcha... makes perfect sense.