PDA

View Full Version : Ball tip Brush

kysgrl
October 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I noticed in the forbidden pleasures post how a lot of you are naughty for using a ball tip brush. What exactly does a ball tip brush do to hair? I don't personally use one but I have before and my daughter does so I was curious.

BlazingHeart
October 6th, 2013, 04:44 PM
They tend to snag individual strands and break them, more than anything else. Also, the tips (and sometimes the whole bristles) are rubberized, which means more friction, which is never good.

Cherry*Tree
October 6th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I have a rubber tipped paddle brush, which almost never snags my hair and makes it lovely and shiny and soft. I love it.

LAG93
October 6th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I used to use the wet brush by goody I think, it's a paddle brush with ball tips but the bristles are suppppperrrrr bendy. I was scared of the balls so I got a tangle teezer. After using it for three weeks, I hate it. My hair has soooo many splits, I did an s and d before switching brushes, and the tangle teezer hurts my scalp, my hair is falling out like crazy, and my part is becoming very noticeable, which I think means I'm losing a lot of hair from there. I'm going back to my goody wet brush with ball tips. It doesn't hurt or pull at my hair and I get a lot less splits with this brush. I'm still worried about the hair loss but...I don't know if that's all from the tangle teezer Orr not.

Leeloo
October 6th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Ball tip brush is great for massaging the scalp but tangled hair tends to wrap around the ball tip and break/rip off.

prettyinpink
October 6th, 2013, 09:13 PM
it does help detangle, but the balls pull your hair, leading to shedding