PDA

View Full Version : One last time

jacqueline101
October 5th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I hope this is the last time I'm on here for a while bugging you. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas where I can buy a discontinued product? I tried eBay my normal go to and amazon. Amazon has the lustrasilk aloe Vera but I use the lustrasilk shea butter plus mango cholesterol. I'm even willing to buy a 5 pound jar if that's all I can find. Does any one here use it? If you used it in the past and hated it I'm willing to buy the jars you bought that aren't opened. Thanks and good day.

breezefaerie
October 5th, 2013, 12:17 PM
I managed to find a few links for where it seems to still be available.
I'll PM you :)

breezefaerie
October 5th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Sorry - your in-box is full and I can't PM you :(

jacqueline101
October 5th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Okay thanks. How do I empty my pm box? Ive been getting a ton of messages lately.

AmyBeth
October 5th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Try Ebay? BTW, you don't "bug" met at all.:)

Peggy E.
October 5th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Found this on eBay: Lustra Silk Shea Butter Liquid Cholesterol

Shea Butter with Mango, 20-oz, $5.89 BIN Can't seem to copy any of it. Sorry.

jacqueline101
October 5th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Found this on eBay: Lustra Silk Shea Butter Liquid Cholesterol

Shea Butter with Mango, 20-oz, $5.89 BIN Can't seem to copy any of it. Sorry.

I thought about trying it its the replacement product for my cream cholesterol treatment. I did go on line look at it it's creamier like conditioner where my old product is chunkier. I've thought about trying it.

renia22
October 6th, 2013, 08:26 AM
How long ago was it discontinued? Do you have Big Lots, Ocean State Job Lot, McFrugals, etc in your area? Sometimes you can get really lucky in those discount stores.

jacqueline101
October 6th, 2013, 08:36 AM
How long ago was it discontinued? Do you have Big Lots, Ocean State Job Lot, McFrugals, etc in your area? Sometimes you can get really lucky in those discount stores.

I went on the Africa American site for hair care it's been over a year. I did look at big lots. The last place I found it was dollar general they had one left I got it. I've got the olive oil cholesterol by lustrasilk but I've had such amazing results with my current product I'm afraid to switch. I'm going to have to switch to a new product some day I know.

renia22
October 6th, 2013, 04:23 PM
What a bummer, that stinks when favorite products get discontinued. I have a few myself that I am hunting for, so if I come across any of the Shea mango lustrasilk during my travels, I will pm you. Good luck, hope you find more!

jacqueline101
October 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM
What a bummer, that stinks when favorite products get discontinued. I have a few myself that I am hunting for, so if I come across any of the Shea mango lustrasilk during my travels, I will pm you. Good luck, hope you find more!

Thank you. What I hate more then a discontinue product is when they change the formula.

renia22
October 6th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Thank you. What I hate more then a discontinue product is when they change the formula.

Ha! Yes! That's exactly what I am on the hunt for, is the old Finesse. I noticed the new packaging says "now with added proteins" or "new all day freshness formula" or whatever it is that it now says, which makes me think they messed with the old formula. Grrrr

jacqueline101
October 6th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Ha! Yes! That's exactly what I am on the hunt for, is the old Finesse. I noticed the new packaging says "now with added proteins" or "new all day freshness formula" or whatever it is that it now says, which makes me think they messed with the old formula. Grrrr

I loved the old formula finess as a child if the 80's. It was perfect I don't know why I stopped using it.

AnqeIicDemise
October 6th, 2013, 05:08 PM
because you grew up and other things were offered and claimed to be 'amazing'. It happened to me too...I tried it a few months back and the formula isn't the same. Its depressing.

jacqueline101
October 6th, 2013, 06:20 PM
because you grew up and other things were offered and claimed to be 'amazing'. It happened to me too...I tried it a few months back and the formula isn't the same. Its depressing.

It's sad it was a great product. I did try other products I liked too. I liked Vidal Sassoon back in the 80's too. I don't care for it now. I might have gave it up for another product.

renia22
October 6th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Yes I liked a lot if the older shampoos & conditioners that either changed or are no longer being made as well. Vidal Sassoon was great, I have no idea why when they brought it back, they didn't keep the lovely cherry almond scent it used to have. Now it's sort if generic smelling. Although I did find a store today that had an old Finesse "enchancing" & the new one that says "now with added proteins" and the ingredients are **exactly** the same. Huh! The new Finesse with a touch of yardley lavender gets good reviews on makeup alley & it was on sale for $1.99 so I bought it. Hopefully it will be decent.

jacqueline101
October 7th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Yes I liked a lot if the older shampoos & conditioners that either changed or are no longer being made as well. Vidal Sassoon was great, I have no idea why when they brought it back, they didn't keep the lovely cherry almond scent it used to have. Now it's sort if generic smelling. Although I did find a store today that had an old Finesse "enchancing" & the new one that says "now with added proteins" and the ingredients are **exactly** the same. Huh! The new Finesse with a touch of yardley lavender gets good reviews on makeup alley & it was on sale for $1.99 so I bought it. Hopefully it will be decent.

I don't get shampoo companies and their ideas for changing things. I guess their idea of improvement is a flop in our worlds. I don't see why they don't ask the consumers what they want. You're on make up alley. I have an account there.

renia22
October 7th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Lagging sales & trying to keep up with current marketing trends, most likely. Not sure how much the old Vidal Sassoon would appeal to today's consumers, but I thought it smelled amazing. Maybe I'll email them and tell them so!

Makeupalley is great, I like to read reviews before buying something.

door72067
October 7th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I liked Pantene products when they were in those original, smaller bottles with the clear/gold caps

I could make a long, Long list of stuff I "used to" like, but has changed

good luck finding your products!

jacqueline101
October 7th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I liked Pantene products when they were in those original, smaller bottles with the clear/gold caps

I could make a long, Long list of stuff I "used to" like, but has changed

good luck finding your products!

I agree I liked those too and the list goes on. Thanks for the support.

renia22
October 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM

That was an older formula that I preferred too. I was born in the 70s, so I'm old enough to remember when shampoos were mostly marketed for oily, normal or dry hair. When Pantene came out with the vitamin formula, it was like, "oooooooo, vitamins for the hair! How ingenious!" Especially since in the 80s, so many if us had permed, teased, big 80s hair that was damaged like nobody's business, so the marketing was perfect for that time period. Also Finesse's self- adjusting conditioner seemed so cool when it came out. A conditioner that can "read" your hair and can figure out how much conditioning it needs. What a concept, lol! Neutrogena's replenishing (pink) shampoo & conditioner (and the green one for volume) are still the same, I think, from the early 90s. A few others are still around. I still like those, but they are getting harder & harder to find.

jacqueline101
October 7th, 2013, 12:06 PM
That was an older formula that I preferred too. I was born in the 70s, so I'm old enough to remember when shampoos were mostly marketed for oily, normal or dry hair. When Pantene came out with the vitamin formula, it was like, "oooooooo, vitamins for the hair! How ingenious!" Especially since in the 80s, so many if us had permed, teased, big 80s hair that was damaged like nobody's business, so the marketing was perfect for that time period. Also Finesse's self- adjusting conditioner seemed so cool when it came out. A conditioner that can "read" your hair and can figure out how much conditioning it needs. What a concept, lol! Neutrogena's replenishing (pink) shampoo & conditioner (and the green one for volume) are still the same, I think, from the early 90s. A few others are still around. I still like those, but they are getting harder & harder to find.

All the good shampoos are getting harder and harder to find. The junk no one wants is on the shelf. There was a marigold shampoo I liked it was an amber color. Halsa something like it was the name. It's gone too.

renia22
October 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Halsa was great, I think it may have been one of the first ones that came out that was formulated to work based on your hair color. I still have a few that I like & I stockpile when they are on sale, in case they get discontinued!

breezefaerie
October 7th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I PM'd you - hope the links I sent help!

jacqueline101
October 7th, 2013, 01:40 PM
I PM'd you - hope the links I sent help!

That was a big help thank you.