PDA

View Full Version : Peace Offerings for Hair

HintOfMint
October 5th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Every once in a while, I believe it is good for the soul to abuse my hair. This usually involves some form of heat styling. I recently went for a blowout and, to top it all off, I had the curls set with a curling iron and lots of hairspray.

However, all good things must come to an end, and I know I've incurred some damage that I wouldn't have had otherwise. My peace offering of choice is an SMT after an overnight soak in olive or coconut oil.

What say you? What are your transgressions against your hair and how do you make amends? :p

jacqueline101
October 5th, 2013, 11:16 AM
My sins are not combing from the ends to top. I also don't use the best products in my hair. My repentance is benign neglect I wash every two weeks condition the ends then monthly cholesterol treatment followed by deep conditioning. I wear it up and braided. I find this repentance to work well.

melusine963
October 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM
My transgression is occasional violent detangling. The only way to make up for that is to s&d. :(

Cherry*Tree
October 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Hmm. I never do peace offerings. Maybe I should start.

Aingeal
October 5th, 2013, 11:45 AM
My sin is flat ironing once every couple of months. I repent through extra oilings and wearing it up most days.

Naiadryade
October 5th, 2013, 11:50 AM
My worst transgression is when I occasionally leave it down for dangerous activities... such as playing with children, running through the woods, or sleeping. My peace offering is detangling gently with olive oil and a good S&D session.

RainbowBowser
October 5th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I've never given my hair peace offerings. But perhaps I should start.
While I've overcome my heat sins of highschool (still sometimes use heat, but I take better care now), I still constantly leave my hair down to get in a tangle with my backpack, zippers, etc.
Perhaps it will be time I send some peace offerings to the thread themed towards wearing hair up for long periods of time.

Nadine <3
October 5th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I stretch washes and use olive oil to deep condition it.

veryhairyfairy
October 7th, 2013, 08:31 AM
My two transgressions: I have damaged hair from about APL down that I refuse to chop. I assume that the extra tangles this causes and the damage possibly travelling up-shaft is taking a toll. And my big one is that I completely disregard possible hair damage during adult-time with my SO. I don't think there's any way to describe the damage I feel is incurred without offering up TMI and while keeping it PG.

To attone, I do several things: Pre-wash heavy oilings once or twice a week, dry CO-washing twice a week (putting conditioner on dry hair because it seems to 'condition' better), and wearing it up in a bun almost 100% of the time.

sarahthegemini
October 7th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Like Veryhairyfairy ^ ^ I don't care about my hair being pulled about and messed up during fun time with my bf. But I am very kind to my hair in other ways, I am stretching washes atm so I don't have to get it wet as often and I wear it up more a lot now.

Bagginslover
October 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I too heat style for certain things, and I can always tell afterwards, that my hair is unhappy. I make it up by doing long conditioner soaks on dry hair, heavy oilings and treating it gently til it feels normal again.