PDA

View Full Version : Hair Type Question

Nixivix
October 5th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Hi Guys,
So I know you must all be sick of being asked this question but could anyone help me to figure out my hair type? I'd appreciate it :)

This is my hair: (currently growing out layers and highlights)

http://http://i39.tinypic.com/16igz6x.jpg

Thoughs?

~Nixi

Stray_mind
October 5th, 2013, 06:27 AM
It looks like 1b/1c to me... Though i'm not an expert in hairtyping.. Beautiful shine by the way :)

Nixivix
October 5th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Thank you :) I think that's mostly the camera flash! I'll hopefully get a few more opinions and go with the majority ^^

BlazingHeart
October 5th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I'd agree with Stray Mind unless you wear ponytails all the time, in which case that one relatively prominent wave may be caused by the style. But I've only seen that on people who wear one daily or close to that often.

Nixivix
October 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I'd agree with Stray Mind unless you wear ponytails all the time, in which case that one relatively prominent wave may be caused by the style. But I've only seen that on people who wear one daily or close to that often.

Thanks for your input. :) And no I hardly ever wear my hair up.

jeanniet
October 5th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Did you do the usual hairtyping routine before taking that picture? Wash, air dry, no touching? Just checking, because that can make quite a difference in typing. As it is, I'd say 1c, but if you did combing or brushing you might well be 2a or even 2b.

Nixivix
October 6th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Did you do the usual hairtyping routine before taking that picture? Wash, air dry, no touching? Just checking, because that can make quite a difference in typing. As it is, I'd say 1c, but if you did combing or brushing you might well be 2a or even 2b.

Yeah I did, I only comb my fringe when wet or it dries funny and wont sit well :)

lapushka
October 6th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Looks like 1b to me.

Firefox7275
October 6th, 2013, 06:10 AM
1b if you drip dried, no combing or towel turbans.

stachelbeere
October 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
1c - you have a few waves going on...

rut.de.leu
October 6th, 2013, 05:27 PM
My opinion: if 1a is pin straight with no curve whatsoever, 1b is straight with a little bit of curve overall (sometimes only visible at the ends), and 1c is overall body wave, it makes sense to go with 1c or 1c/2a - there's some definable wave going on, maybe a bit beyond overall body wave but not quite into actual wave territory.

I scavenged far and wide before coming to my conclusion for my own hair - it's quite the process. A lot of 1s get lumped together a bit because many hair typing charts are created for curly/kinky hair; in comparison, we're all just straight-haired. There really is some variation though! By most charts and photograph conclusions I've found, my hair is 1a, but then I look at user luxepiggy's and go nope that's the tiniest, slightest bit straighter than mine - but all those 1bs out there have a tiny little bit more curve overall than I do - how does anyone do this?!
The important thing is to consider your hair's health and pay attention to what it does and doesn't like. You might never get a perfect answer on hair type itself; after all, it's all relative.

Vampyria
October 6th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I agree with rut.de.leu .

0xalis
October 6th, 2013, 07:43 PM
1b/1c
and WOW your hair is so shiny and pretty! looks amazingly healthy even with the highlights!