PDA

View Full Version : my sisters 55 and loosing her hair

wavyhair
October 5th, 2013, 03:42 AM
i have a sister whos 55 and got a similar hair type to me ultra thick and wavy with occasional frizz. shes noticed a few gray hairs and a tiny bit of receeding on the hair line . she uses nautral products in her hair and doesent dammage at all. i guess its normal to get a bit of receeding when you get older i havent had any yet but she wants to provent worse receeding. i heard amla oil is good ? iv been using it for year to make it soft but will it provent Rachael's receeding ? is there any nautral tips , oils ,ingredients or anything that could help . thank you x

Rio040113
October 5th, 2013, 04:26 AM
I've read a lot about Castor oil and general scalp massage for helping new(?) growth but I'm far from an expert, I'm actually looking into trying it for myself asap! I'm sure someone more clued up than me will drop in and help :) Good luck to your sister!

wavyhair
October 5th, 2013, 04:38 AM
thank you :) i have heard on the internet about castor oil we have got loads in the house i got it ages ago with lots of other oils and you reminded me my mum use to use to to regain her hair after menopause. it realy worked for her and iv seen so many good reviews of castor oil.

thankyou so mutch for reminding me . im going to do some research my self to find whitch oils are also good to mix with. my mum used a mix of coconut oil and castor.

you have lovely hair by the way :)

SleepyTangles
October 5th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Hi, wavyhair :): there are plenty of natural remedies she can use, but if she is worried I'd go to a doctor, just to exclude any health-related hair loss cause.

I second castor oil massages, as Rio said, as well as every kind of scalp massages for the circulation. Amla, shikakai and bhringraj are all indian herbs that are said to prevent hairloss, but amla is better brewed as a tea, because if I recall it correctly not all its properties are soluble in fats - hope someone can conferm this :confused:.
Eating well and drinking enough water are also two of the best advices I ever found on LHC.

Rio040113
October 5th, 2013, 04:49 AM
It's always so encouraging to hear positive things about Castor oil, I'm really hoping I have some success with it and no problem at all, I'm happy to help even just a little tiny bit, I hope your sister has some luck with it :)

I think your mum was on to a winner, from what I've read coconut oil is a popular mix, as well as avocado oil, I think?

Thank you so much! :D It's a little longer now (solid Hip) but length pictures are so difficult in a mirror haha, I must rope my bf into getting an updated picture taken for me.

wavyhair
October 5th, 2013, 05:14 AM
thank you both for being so helpfull i realy apreciate your guys help and also i dident have a clue that amla was better as a tea i need to try it sometime to make my hair smooth i find its quite affective as an oil so as a tea its benifits are going to be pretty good + i have avacado and coconut and castor and some more my sis can borrow them and do an amla rinse.

shikakai and bhringraj as well as amla are all sold in my local shop so im defently going to get some.

Rio040113 if you use them i would love to see your results.

thank you both so mutch .

Rio040113
October 5th, 2013, 05:22 AM
You're very welcome wavyhair, I really hope your sister gets the results she wants!

I shall take some 'before' pictures of my thinned areas (front hairline and crown) then take monthly(?) progress pictures, I'd be happy to share them with you or even start a thread for them once I have some results to share, if anyone would have any interest in seeing :) It would certainly be interesting to see how it worked for me in terms of a picture comparison month to month.

Lady Mary
October 5th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Castor oil has also helped me with thinning areas, highly recommended.

wavyhair
October 5th, 2013, 08:44 AM
thanks lady mary and congratulations with it helping your thinning areas . and also i think you should take some pics before and do them monthy good luck

SleepyTangles
October 5th, 2013, 08:46 AM
thank you both for being so helpfull i realy apreciate your guys help and also i dident have a clue that amla was better as a tea i need to try it sometime to make my hair smooth i find its quite affective as an oil so as a tea its benifits are going to be pretty good + i have avacado and coconut and castor and some more my sis can borrow them and do an amla rinse.

shikakai and bhringraj as well as amla are all sold in my local shop so im defently going to get some.

Rio040113 if you use them i would love to see your results.

thank you both so mutch .

Just a thing: maybe you don't want to overdo with oils, because many people find that the shedding process is faster for oily scalps, like for CO wash. Its quite personal: some scalps love it, others don't.
Its worth a try, expecially if you use castor oil who is famous for thicken the hair: once in a while its quite beneficial, while daily massages are always good as far as I know.

Silverbrumby
October 5th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I use biotin and biosil and both helped with making my scalp hair thick. It's thick and filled in, no receding. I've heard biotin can help some women with age reulated thinning. It takes four months at least to see results.

I've just started Rogaine for my shedding issues and to improve the length thickness.

A quarter of women do experience mid life hair changes.

jacqueline101
October 5th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I posted a thread about this for my friend. You might check it out I got some great help. Then there was an article about hair loss someone posted as a thread.

wavyhair
October 5th, 2013, 11:54 AM
thanks guys and also i do weekly oil massages and shampoo out after 2 hours maby my sister could do that with caster and coconut .

also what is biosil ?

Silverbrumby
October 5th, 2013, 02:07 PM
"*Biosil is a supplement containing the minerals choline and silicon. BioMinerals N.V., the manufacturer of Biosil, claims that use of its supplement will result in healthier hair, nails and skin as well as improve bone and joint health. Though company-funded studies show these claims to be true, there is no independent medical evidence to prove the product works as promised.Swipe here to continue

THE PRODUCT LABEL

BioSil contains choline-stabilized orthosilicic acid, or ch-OSA, a combination of choline and silicon. The supplement contains 100 milligrams of choline and 5 milligrams of silicon. The product label explains that collagen, keratin and elastin are responsible for wrinkle prevention and skin, hair, nail, bone, and joint health. The label claims that BioSil results in 13 percent stronger hair and 30 percent less wrinkle depth."

My skin and nails love this. It's good for the hair as well I believe.

wavyhair
October 5th, 2013, 03:14 PM
omg wow my skins not beautyfull so i mite take it iv got the realy good hair but the skins not special lol . i just texted my sister all these amazing tips whitch are all going to be used