PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad to get mud in your hair?

Cherry*Tree
October 3rd, 2013, 10:51 PM
Will it damage it or anything? :bull: (Had to add that because it was a cow and I'm obsessed ok)

Wildcat Diva
October 3rd, 2013, 10:59 PM
Heck, lots of us clean our hair with the stuff: Rhassoul clay. 'Cept this mud is from volcano dirt or something fancy like that.

Nini
October 4th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Of course not.

Arien
October 4th, 2013, 02:01 AM
A bit of mud never hurt anyone :) (unless they slipped in it and broke an ankle or something of course!)

BlondeWavyGal
October 4th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Not really. It might take some work to wash it out after but it shouldn't present a problem overall.

Federica
October 4th, 2013, 04:13 AM
I think that mud can be as harmful for your hair as it can be helpful: it depends on which minerals it contains, the composition of the ground and the water, etc.

furnival
October 4th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Mud's grand; I'm normally covered in the stuff. :p Never had a problem washing it out of my hair or causing damage.

Cherry*Tree
October 4th, 2013, 07:01 PM
A bit of mud never hurt anyone :) (unless they slipped in it and broke an ankle or something of course!)

This made me laugh. Like, for a disturbingly long amount of time.

cmg
October 4th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I think that mud can be as harmful for your hair as it can be helpful: it depends on which minerals it contains, the composition of the ground and the water, etc.
True, but this also goes if you use it for cleaning purposes. It can be sharp like sand-blistering and if you have thin hair, it can strip off too much of the outer layers to be good (not just the sebum, but also the keratine itself). I got problems when I used Rhassoul clay regularly for a while, but I have really babyfine hair to begin with. Before I knew it, my hair started to go thinner and thinner and my scalp got dry. The massage during washing was not good for my hair so I quit using this regularly. It took a while to grow back the damage!!!

CMG

ravenheather
October 4th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Hhhhmmmm rhassoul clay works great for my fine hair