PDA

View Full Version : New Sensations that make my day

donnalouise
October 3rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
No one around me will understand this so i just had to post it here....

My hair has reached a length longer than anything i have ever had before. I've always had fairly long hair, but this is the first time i've gotten solidly to waist and on my way to hip (31 inches), and i'm getting all excited because...

- I can feel my hair brushing my lower arms when i wear it down. It's been happening for a couple of months now but it still takes me by surprise and is a really pleasant feeling

- (tmi warning) - when i go to the bathroom, i can feel my hair poking the top of my naked backside, it's pretty cool because my hair is longer than my t-shirt depending on what i'm wearing.

- I have to hold my hair carefully to the side when i get into my car, and when i put my seat belt on. I used to get away with just swishing my head to the side but now i have to make the extra effort to hold my hair out the way.

Sounds crazy but these silly little things really make my day and it's just an amazing feeling, makes me feel like a different person and reminds me that i've stuck out the past 3.5 years in growing my hair out and i'm GETTING THERE. I feel such an immense sense of achievement and pride, my hair has become me and i am my hair, we are one. To other people the things i describe would be an annoyance, but for me, it's heaven.

The one feeling i'm REALLY looking forward to is having to move my hair out the way just to sit down :).

Craziness over for today :).

donnalouise
October 3rd, 2013, 03:39 PM
Thought of another thing,... my hair is long enough to braid in one big chunky braid without any fuzzies poking out all over the place - i'm SO glad i didn't get layers in my hair, having flat hair all round might have looked dull when it was shorter but it has been SO worth it now, thick and long and gorgeous braids. Also, my braids don't fall out as easily now and i can do some cool 4 and 5 strand braids.

Rio040113
October 3rd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Haha it's all fun and games until you get to Hip+ and start finding hairs in your buttcrack, that's certainly a new sensation! (I wish I was kidding). Now I'm there, bathroom breaks = hair tied up, feels too risky to just flick it over my shoulder :lol: Oh the unexpected things long hair brings... On the plus side, I can second the feeling of hair brushing your arms/lower back etc :)

donnalouise
October 3rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
haha, i look forward to pulling my hair out my buttcrack too!

Audhumla
October 3rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
I'm at the same length and I can definitely relate. Pretty glad I didn't get layers too.
Can't wait to get to hip. I'll race ya there :p

Cherry*Tree
October 3rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
Well, I'm shorter than some (5'2) so I have only 3 inches to go to get to waist and my hairs only 22 inches.

truepeacenik
October 3rd, 2013, 04:51 PM
Now THIS is a "you know you are a longhair when" comment.

Here's hoping you get to butt floss length soon! ;)

Rio040113
October 3rd, 2013, 05:00 PM
... butt floss length soon! ;) Can we start a petition for this to be an official length please? Brilliant :rolling:

jacqueline101
October 3rd, 2013, 08:37 PM
I'm not there yet on my hair growth journey but I'm glad you're happy. Being happy is what it's all about.

tigerlily.
October 3rd, 2013, 08:41 PM
Woo congrats! Glad to hear you're enjoying your hair! I can't wait to feel my hair against my elbows, I think that's when it will feel long to me :D

seeker
October 3rd, 2013, 08:46 PM
this will sound completely pathetic compared to your original post but as of this week I have felt my hair hitting the to sides of my neck - growing out from a very short bob. A sensation I havent felt in years. Next stop is hair brushing the tops of shoulders!

Leeloo
October 3rd, 2013, 09:09 PM

Hahahaha awesome! I look forward to that also!

Naiadryade
October 3rd, 2013, 09:13 PM
I can definitely relate to this! My favorite thing is to lean my head way back when I'm naked and feel my hair brushing my lower back, down to my goal length of tailbone... gives me something tangible to look forward to!!

donnalouise
October 4th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Ah glad to have so many like-minded ladies on here :)

The shortest i ever had my hair was around 4 years ago when a friend persuaded me to get a bob, about 2 inches above shoulders in length. I HATED it, most of my life my hair has been bra strap length and as i have a very round face it didn't suit me at all. I remember feeling my hair brushing my shoulders for the first time and it was every bit as good as the feeling i am enjoying now of my hair on my lower arms / naked lowerback/butt. Definitely celebrate every step and enjoy it, it's all part of the journey.

donnalouise
October 4th, 2013, 01:27 AM
ohhh i also lean back and feel my hair across tailbone length and dream.... funny thing is, 3 years ago i would have given anything to have waist length hair and never thought i'd get here. Now i'm here my hair feels short and i want classic length. I REALLY want to sit on my hair, or be able to lean back and feel it swish on the back of my legs.. dreaming..

kme81
October 4th, 2013, 03:09 AM
I recently reached the brushes-my-wrists-length...that was a good day!

Taenarian
October 4th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Wearing my hair down all day for the first time since early spring makes me look forward to winter because I remember: my hair is warm! :: dreams ::

Misschilly
October 4th, 2013, 05:53 AM
I'm so happy for you! I also put my head back and feel my hair..now its almost waist and I CO yesterday, so it really looks nice today, but I have ut up anyway..:P

Lunearia
October 4th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Haha it's all fun and games until you get to Hip+ and start finding hairs in your buttcrack, that's certainly a new sensation! (I wish I was kidding)
This made my day!

Bagginslover
October 4th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I cannot wait for butt-brushing length! I'm stuck in the non-touching hip region, my ends don't touch my body without an outside influence, it makes me sad for some reason.

Yay for being happy!

long&blonde
October 4th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Sitting in my rocking chair watching the ballgame. Big mirror across the room. My hair last I looked, just touches the seat when I sit down. Classic is my goal. I'm somewhere in BCL now. That's a lot of somewhere.lol.
I looked in mirror, & saw my ponytail positively laying on the chair. When I put my chin down,not up, my ponytail remained on the chair.

getting there!
Think a sign of nearing a new milestone is you start googling haircut(Deva cut) ,Face framing layer pictures.Not going for cut or trim-Just Looking.
Your hair that you normally love starts driving you a bit wacky. Think that means "Milestone ahead!"

0xalis
October 4th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Little things like that are what I look forward to! My hair is just long enough to brush some of my back [shoulder area] which is a feeling I have missed so very much! I like to lean my head back and pretend I'm at BSL :lol:

HintOfMint
October 4th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Congrats!

I also love the feeling of my hair brushing my forearms. I'm looking forward to being able to sit down and have my hair pool in my lap.