PDA

View Full Version : Garnier Olia anyone?

ChristyM
October 3rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried the new hair dye Olia by Garnier? It's supposedly a 60% oil blend. I was thinking about trying it, but I'm worried about damaging my hair. Any thoughts or experiences, please comment.

I searched the forum could not find any info on it, so if this has been answered/discussed please direct me to the thread.. :)

Arien
October 3rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
I've used it. It was neither here nor there for me.

It left my hair lovely and shiny and didn't feel like it had damaged it particularly. It smelt great afterwards too! Yummy :).

I wanted to go from blonde back to as close as I could get to my natural hair colour. I knew my hair would be particularly porous because of the highlights I had been having put in for several years and therefore would more than likely turn darker then the shade I picked, so I purposely picked a shade that was a good 4 shades lighter then my natural colour. I can't remember the shade exacty now but it was a shade away from the darkest blonde they do. My hair ended up near enough black, which was interesting but not completely unexpected. After about 10 washes it did fade down to a colour that was actually pretty close to my natural shade. A year on nearly and it has faded even more so it is a little lighter then my natural hair colour. My undyed hair has grown out quite a lot and I'm actually left with quite a pretty ombré like effect. So that is where I stand with it now.

It's not the best dye I've ever used, however in the long run it has done a good enough job and I don't feel like it damaged my hair. My hair is in pretty good condition.

I don't know how helpful this is because everyone's experience with a certain dye will be different...

ositarosita
October 3rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
*Bumping ... I'm bored with my hair colour and thinking about doing a reverse ombre (light at roots dark on the ends) ...Interested in what everyone's experience is

ChristyM
October 3rd, 2013, 03:48 PM
Thanks Arien for your reply. Sounds like you liked the dye okay :) . I'm really torn about using it. I've been henna and hennidigoing for a few years now, but I'm sick of having such dark hair (the only reason I do it is to cover some gray and I love the shine and texture). Well maybe I will give it a go and see what happens. If I don't like and can always go back to henna. Like that you have the ombre effect going on :).

Thanks again.

Arien
October 3rd, 2013, 04:06 PM
Well as I said, I wasn't totally wowed by it, but it was absolutely fine as dyes go and it did a good enough job of getting me fairly near where I wanted to be. At least now I don't have obvious roots and the ombré effect is cool :). I'm tempted to get my hair dresser to accentuate it a bit more actually.

Well good luck with whatever you do anyway! :D. I did the whole henna thing for a few years (alternating with red dye). I loved it at the time, but sometimes it's nice to have a change :). You will have to let us know how you get on if you do give Olia a go. I'm sure people would love to hear your thoughts on it. It's nice to hear people's views before you try things out.

piccplayr
November 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I have used Olia twice so far, and I will continue to keep using it. I love how it smells, and love that I don't have to deal with the strong ammonia scent that I get with other colors. I don't feel like it damaged my hair at all. I typically do a deep conditioning treatment after I color, but with other brands my hair still felt dry and crunchy for a few weeks after use. With Olia I never get a dry crunchy phase, my hair continues to feel moisturized and healthy after coloring. The color stays vibrant in my hair long after coloring, but I attribute that more to the fact that I don't use sulphates than to the color its self. My hair is naturally a medium mousy brown, and I use the shade light natural auburn to get these results:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr306/piccplayr/577e3801-1bb4-4992-a3c9-cf42f77fe6be.jpg

the color is a little bit dark at the ends in this picture because my hair is still damp, but the top part should be an accurate representation of the color.