PDA

View Full Version : Updos for APL hair?

milky way
October 3rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Since my hair is still to short for many of the gorgeous updos I've seen here, I thought we might get together and share ideas and hairstyles for hair that's around APL! :) I'm sure I'm not the only one running out of inspiration for fun and protective updos, hehe!

stachelbeere
October 3rd, 2013, 02:34 PM
APL person here. I'd love to learn some more updos, so I shall join and contribute :o

velorutionista
October 3rd, 2013, 02:41 PM
I'm watching this thread too! My go tos are lazy wraps (the tiniest lazy wrap bun ever!) and tucked up dutch braids...would love some ideas for variety!

deja
October 3rd, 2013, 04:00 PM
I can do French twist, braided bun, sock bun, Gibson tuck, tucked French braid, crown braid and a top knot.

ositarosita
October 3rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTvIpzvcE3A .... Ive been trying these for a while.. I'm enjoying anything I can do with a French or dutch braid, crown braid, etc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd9uf_ijgFI&list=WLod_Kv2SvibUb2Z4qXkVvi3kT1Plivc8r

arihS
October 3rd, 2013, 05:58 PM
Ooh! I´ll be watching this thread as well:) I´m not sure about how buns or braids are called, but I often go for tucked braids, crown braids, and some sort of twists that I secure with a flexi. Mostly however I just go for simple buns, the one where you twist your hair and make a circle.. haha sorry for not knowing the name. Is that a cinnabun? I then secure it with either amish pins, a flexi or hairsticks which barely hold so I end up redoing them every hour or so because of my layers..

WoolSweater
October 3rd, 2013, 06:09 PM
I can post some tutorials, if I'm able to post photos that is. I'm quite the master at short hair up dos, to be perfectly honest... I have had many years to practice (just STOP cutting the hair, goshdarnit!).

chen bao jun
October 3rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
southern tease. Google it. It does not involve teasing.

jessj48
October 3rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
I've always lacked the "girl gene" and never been interested in hair so this is the first time in my life I'm attempting actual hairstyles. I'm still trying to master an English braid haha! But I'll get there. :)
I'm practising braids and buns in half-up styles so that it feels like I have more length to work with. It a good way to incorporate the fancy styles people with longer hair can do.

BlondeWavyGal
October 4th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Oh, hang on I have a photo for this one

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9jC9qt_f9JU/UOWRAXJuM6I/AAAAAAAAF0M/6iTiXo6-zrE/s1600/coque-facil.jpg

Tada!
Not only does it work on shoulder length and longer, but you can incorporate that technique to not only make buns, but all sorts of things like mock fishtail braids, ( Pull it into a front side pony, loop through, tighten and play around with until it looks falsely braided)
You can pull two braids from the start of your head into one and loop them to make something interesting, and ect.
I use it when im lazy but want to have something more than just a tiny braid or a boring pony tail.

stachelbeere
October 4th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I can post some tutorials, if I'm able to post photos that is. I'm quite the master at short hair up dos, to be perfectly honest... I have had many years to practice (just STOP cutting the hair, goshdarnit!).

yes please! go for it!

0xalis
October 4th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Oh, hang on I have a photo for this one

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9jC9qt_f9JU/UOWRAXJuM6I/AAAAAAAAF0M/6iTiXo6-zrE/s1600/coque-facil.jpg

Tada!
Not only does it work on shoulder length and longer, but you can incorporate that technique to not only make buns, but all sorts of things like mock fishtail braids, ( Pull it into a front side pony, loop through, tighten and play around with until it looks falsely braided)
You can pull two braids from the start of your head into one and loop them to make something interesting, and ect.
I use it when im lazy but want to have something more than just a tiny braid or a boring pony tail.

:agape: I've known how to do the loop-dey ponytail forever since we have a tool designed to help do it, but I NEVER THOUGHT OF MAKING A BUN WITH THAT!!! That's so awesome, thanks for sharing!

carrielynn
October 5th, 2013, 05:04 AM
I was just thinking of this myself. I see the threads with all of the beautiful big buns, and know mine won't look like those for awhile... So please post pictures as you do these smaller buns and updos! I need more inspiration!

browneyedsusan
October 5th, 2013, 10:22 AM

Let's see them! :cheese:

Aelith
October 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
My main go-to styles right now are the sock bun and the ponytail. I also will do braided pigtails and them wind them into little buns pinned at my neck.

ositarosita
October 7th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Gibson tuck .. I just did it on collarbone length

Kaelee
October 8th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Definitely try disc bun. If you can do lazy wrap, you can probably do disc (I can only BARELY get an acceptable lazy wrap, some of the time, on my almost-waist length hair. :laugh: But I wear a disc bun pretty much daily.)