PDA

View Full Version : I really ought to get my son an account here

truepeacenik
September 4th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Kiddo cut his hair two days ago and is already missing his mid-back length, enough to tell me so on the phone.
All for the want of knowing how to keep his hair in a bun.:mad:
He's living with dad (issues) and I could only explain so well.
But he's officially growing it out as of last night, rather than simply ignoring it.:D

I told him about our two week rule and he said, "that's smart!"
His friends are in mourning, too. I think he was the only male allowed to grow his hair beyond shoulders, or he'd been doing it longer.
My only rule was clean and not completely tangled, unless we were putting in dreads.

Nes
September 4th, 2008, 08:17 AM
You should tell him to join up!

It would be great to have more men on this forum, there seem to be way more women than men on here.

Is long hair something that is common in your family then? All the men in my family shave their heads bald!

Nes x

blondecat
September 6th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Totally OT but, do I know yopu from Delphi ?

tomm
September 6th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I am glad to read that your son has decided to grow his hair go long again. Encourage him to play around with bunning it when it gets long enough - I am SO glad I did. I am not sure I would have survived the summer length intact had I not had a way to get it off my neck.

Pllease let him know that there are many here who are rooting for him.

truepeacenik
September 8th, 2008, 10:13 AM
tomm, I'll def teach him the bun. Think how easy he will have it with a "model" of similar texture.
He'll be here at winter break and again for summer.

Nes, In the Kiddo's circle of adult friends, it is common to see long hair, dreads, growing out, corporate short and "I gave up and shaved."
In the family, not so much, his step dad has terminal at shoulder hair, his dad had long hair when Kiddo was small, so he's got support/ room to argue where he needs it.
Blondecat, I don't know what Delphi is, in this case. I know of the oracle. :D

Little_Bird
September 8th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Just let me congratulate you for being so suportive to your kid!

Good to hear he's growing it back too! Send him in! You know he will be so welcome don't you :p

Shadow Walker
September 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I agree on sending him over here, he'll fit right in.

Gumball
September 8th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Sure. Get him to join! Everyone always loves a new member! He'll enjoy learning how to bun his hair since that's something he seems interested in. It's really helpful and just takes a little patience to get a style or two down pat.