PDA

View Full Version : Craving a Blowout (an indulgence thread)

HintOfMint
October 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
Every once in a while, I get a real hankering to go to a salon and get my hair washed and blown out. I love the shampoo, the warm water, the methodical drying of each section of hair... it's very relaxing. It's a real pick-me-up and you know what? I think I'll indulge myself either tomorrow or the day after.

Do you guys ever get the urge to do something fancy with your hair, even if it's not the greatest thing in the world for it? Do you give in?

LAG93
October 2nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
I do! I love blow drying my own hair, it always comes out so fluffy and soft, and I wonder, how can something so bad make my hair look this good! But then I come back to reality...

I do love the salon experience too though, except for the way they brush and comb. I've only had one stylist that didn't yank and rip my hair. But she works at a super cuts and I can never guarantee she's there the day I go you know

wildkratt
October 2nd, 2013, 10:40 PM
I actually haven't gotten a cut or blowout in a salon since I was eleven! My sister cuts my hair if I feel like having it because she really knows how to work with my hair and doesn't charge a penny.

I occasionally blowdry my own hair, but I feel that it looks too thick and overwhelming when I do it. I would absolutely love to get my hair done by the pros one day. 8)

HintOfMint
October 2nd, 2013, 10:44 PM
Whelp, I made my appointment, now what style do I get? A regular straight-ish blowout with some body, mainstream Victoria's Secret/Cosmopolitan type of waves, or big ol' Texas beauty pageant volume with loose curls?

Islandgrrl
October 2nd, 2013, 10:47 PM
I can't remember the last time I used a blow dryer. I don't own one. The only thing I wish I could do is hot rollers. I love the big, soft, bouncy curls they make. But I don't own any of the, either, and my air is way too long to go around them and still get any decent effect. :shrug:

RainbowBowser
October 2nd, 2013, 10:54 PM
It is a wonderful feeling to get it done in a salon. I almost never go, but the occasional blow out indulgence on my own time has been nice, especially when its winter time..it gets pretty brutal up in Canada

millyaulait
October 3rd, 2013, 01:18 AM
I hope you enjoy your blowout, I think I've been craving one of those for a year now! :)

The only thing stopping me is the brushing/combing that comes with it.

Arien
October 3rd, 2013, 01:22 AM
It's lovely isn't it :D. I love going to the hair dressers for any reason. It feels like a treat. Sitting down having a cappuchino or a glass of fizz whilst somebody else does your hair for you. Lovely and relaxing and you look and feel great afterwards!

Crumpet
October 3rd, 2013, 02:20 AM
Do long hair indulgence salons exist? I crave the blow out less than the hair washing and pampering. Like others, I always hated the comb out/brush out portion, which rips through my hair. It hurts and it also feels like they're shredding my fine hair -- it makes me anxious and unhappy! I'd love to go somewhere and get a scalp massage with nice oils and a deep treatment followed by a shampoo and condish. They can leave me dripping wet.

Arien
October 3rd, 2013, 02:32 AM
Do long hair indulgence salons exist? I crave the blow out less than the hair washing and pampering. Like others, I always hated the comb out/brush out portion, which rips through my hair. It hurts and it also feels like they're shredding my fine hair -- it makes me anxious and unhappy! I'd love to go somewhere and get a scalp massage with nice oils and a deep treatment followed by a shampoo and condish. They can leave me dripping wet.

You need to find a new hair salon! ;) - sounds more like Helga's House of Pain!

Lyv
October 3rd, 2013, 02:32 AM
I don't like having my hair dried brushed or combed in a salon so I leave with it wet in a pony but I looooove having them wash my hair and getting a deep condition. It's so nice to not have to do it myself but I've only gone once in the last 2 years.

MaryO
October 3rd, 2013, 04:10 AM
I actually really dislike going to the salon. Don't like anyone (let alone a stranger!) touch my head. Sometimes I do think of getting highlights (not really the indulgence that you guys are talking about) but after having fried hair for so long I probably never will...

Coolcombination
October 3rd, 2013, 04:26 AM
I don't like going to the hairdressers. I only have a dry cut for my wavy hair, I crave curlers, dye and lowlights...

Stray_mind
October 3rd, 2013, 04:48 AM
I like to go for a hair trimming. It feels nice having evenly trimmed hemline and i like how there are no split ends in my hair after the trimming. I haven't gotten any other procedures in the salon, i do everything myself.

Libbylou
October 3rd, 2013, 05:01 AM
I went last weekend to the salon for an updo. The very first time for an updo. I didn't get the wash and blow out, I needed to have 2nd day hair. I totally enjoyed the experience. I think women need pampering every so often.

HintOfMint
October 3rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Best. Blowout. Ever.

It was at Drybar, one of those blowout only salons with a "menu" of different hairstyles.

No joke, this was a fantastic experience. First I get a generous glass of wine. Everyone is incredibly friendly. My stylist sat me down for a consultation before going to wash my hair. She looked at my layers and bangs, and we talked about the look I wanted. I wanted loose curls but with Texas girl volume and she said, no problem. They had an add-on of a 10 minute scalp massage, which I gladly opted for. Heaven. As far as hair friendliness goes, homegirl fingercombs my hair when it is wet and full of conditioner. The final combing before the blowout went smoothly as a result, no tugging or ripping hairs.
She also brought me a cup of hot water and a bunch of towels to take care of the coffee stain down the front of my blouse.

To top it all off, my hair looks awesome! I've never had hair this glamorous before. I had a blowout and curling iron curls and it just looks awesome. We took a few pictures afterwards and I walked out floating on air.

Best decision today.

Nightshade
October 3rd, 2013, 03:18 PM
*drags mind out of gutter*

Carry on :lol:

Arien
October 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Sounds fabulous. I'm glad you had a good time! There is nothing quite like a bit of pampering! We all deserve it from time to time! You will have to show us the pictures! There is no reason why a hair salon shouldn't be hair friendly unless they aren't a very good salon. Sounds like you picked one with good service! :)

Lucky you! You are making me want to book a hair appointment now! Tempting! :D

Crumpet
October 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
You need to find a new hair salon! ;) - sounds more like Helga's House of Pain!

I should suggest the name change -- it really was terrible! I still won't let anyone near me with a tangle teezer because of that experience!

spidermom
October 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Every once in awhile (maybe once per year), I just have to see it straight. So smooth and glossy and LLLOOONNNGGG. Beautiful!

Arien
October 3rd, 2013, 04:10 PM
I should suggest the name change -- it really was terrible! I still won't let anyone near me with a tangle teezer because of that experience!

Oh dear! :(. It's a real shame you had such a bad experience. A tangle teezer no less! Goodness knows how they managed to do that!

Skade
October 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
:rollin: I apologize beforehand on my no-sleep-sense-of-humor but I just misread this thread title as Craving a Blowjob, and thought what? :lol:

Arien
October 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
:rollin: I apologize beforehand on my no-sleep-sense-of-humor but I just misread this thread title as Craving a Blowjob, and thought what? :lol:

Lol. Well I am having a bad enough time with the word anyway without misreading it because it means something toilet related here!

Skade
October 3rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
Lol. Well I am having a bad enough time with the word anyway without misreading it because it means something toilet related here!

Oh my, I am laughing so hard here. You´re right, that´s funny too..

AspenSong
October 3rd, 2013, 04:35 PM
I personally don't crave or miss the blow out part...but I DO miss at times going and having delicious smelling shampoo and conditioner put on my hair and having it washed - when it was done by gentle washers and with cooler water. I always really loved that part of salon haircuts and the head massages. I think I may have talked myself into more haircuts during my shorter years, just to get those other things. haha. Now however, I'd be a bit scared of letting anyone mess with all my length. =/

Arien
October 4th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Oh my, I am laughing so hard here. You´re right, that´s funny too..

I know, it's terrible, I can't help it lol. Refined adults would never giggle like a 6 year old boy at such a thing! :P.

I do apologise! :D.

littlemonster
October 4th, 2013, 06:44 AM
I've been so so badly wanting to go and have a trim, blow dry and straighten - they can get so much smooth volume with the blow drying, I tried it at home but couldn't ever get it the same. Unfortunately due to their super coney expensive conditioner my lengths felt yucky after 2 days too (I don't get on with fudge, tigi etc, I suppose because I've always stretched washes), so it doesn't even last a week or something.

They were good though, no scrubbing all my hair with shampoo on top of my head, they did a lovely job with it at APL-BSL, despite it being wavy/fluffy/tangly. Haven't been for a good 2 years though, so may have changed.