PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Wrap Curlers!

italianamama
October 2nd, 2013, 01:57 AM
I came across this YouTube tutorial randomly and... it's genius. I'm at tailbone right now and I outgrew regular foam curlers a very, very long time ago (much to my dismay). My hair is very frizzy and thick and I've been trying out different heatless curl methods and I haven't found any I've liked enough. Basically this lady makes her curlers out of bubble wrap! Which is great because you can vary the thickness of each curler and you have a lot of the length of the roll to work with (and it seems like it would be very comfortable to sleep on!) I can't wait to try this out :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4OnUcMheIk

CurlyMopTop
October 2nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Loved the video! I would never have thought of making rollers out of bubble wrap.

Rio040113
October 2nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
So going to have to get some bubble wrap and try this! Looks like it'd be comfy to sleep on and not dry out my hair (sleeping in sponge/rag curlers dried my hair right out), awesome! :D I'm always in search of the perfect heat free curl lol.

italianamama
October 2nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
I think I'm going to make these rollers permanent. I was thinking that if I made the bubble wrap rollers into the sizes I wanted them, taped the roll to secure them, and than knotted them up each in the middle of one cheap nylon knee high, they'd be easier to tie. I'll post pics when I try it :D