PDA

View Full Version : A very hasty 3 year anniversary!

CurlyCap
October 1st, 2013, 10:07 PM
Hi All.

Things have been a special kind of madness lately for me, but I felt I just couldn't let my 3 year hair anniversary go by without some kind of note. So here it is: A hastily compiled hair anniversary post.

Basically, thanks to all the members who've answered my questions over the years. Originally, I thought it would take 10 years to grow my hair back to it's original length, and now I think I'll be there in 3.5 (spring!).

Kudos and hugs,

CurlyCap

The Start:
http://i.imgur.com/CiHfB.jpg

1 year Anniversary:
http://i.imgur.com/pwwpH.jpg

2 Year Anniversary:
http://i.imgur.com/Yc2G6.jpg

Today:
http://i.imgur.com/z4OEZGA.jpg?2

Hopefully, I'll get to take some LHC-quality pics soon. But hey, I've taken LOTS worse hair piccies in the past! And my photo-album has photos from this year as well.

neko_kawaii
October 1st, 2013, 10:39 PM
Not much can distract from your hair, but I love the lab in the background! *squee*

And OMG, your hair grew so fast!

ebullience
October 1st, 2013, 11:01 PM
Your hair is lovely! Best of luck with the rest of your growth

Cherry*Tree
October 1st, 2013, 11:10 PM
Wow, your hair grows fast! It's really pretty.

Haybop
October 2nd, 2013, 12:17 AM
AHA!! You have been caught!! All that lovely growth is down to your experimenting on something comic-book like in your secret lab... which isn't so secret now you've posted it up on here! Darn hair scientist making me drool over your hair and the speed it's growing at :P

Looks lovely though, congrats *runs off to find own secret lab*

Cherry*Tree
October 2nd, 2013, 12:19 AM
AHA!! You have been caught!! All that lovely growth is down to your experimenting on something comic-book like in your secret lab... which isn't so secret now you've posted it up on here! Darn hair scientist making me drool over your hair and the speed it's growing at

*le gasp* I knew something was wrong with the speed of growth!

Haybop
October 2nd, 2013, 12:26 AM
*le gasp* I knew something was wrong with the speed of growth!

Right?! Now we either don lycra (NO CAPES!!) and fight this mad scientist or see if we can join forces and get to use the secret formula too *crosses fingers for joining forces*

Theia
October 2nd, 2013, 12:35 AM
WOW! Your hair grows super fast! And it is so pretty and healthy! I love the length now!

Theia
October 2nd, 2013, 12:39 AM
If I may ask, what is your haircare routine? :)

jacqueline101
October 2nd, 2013, 01:10 AM
Your hair has come along ways. I wish you many more anniversaries and happy growing.

Nesoi
October 2nd, 2013, 01:16 AM
You have fantastically gorgeous hair, a beautiful face to go with it AND super-speed growth?? I call no fair ;)

Seriously, congrats :D

KittyBird
October 2nd, 2013, 01:47 AM
Ah, your curls are amazing! :thud: You've made so much progress, congratulations!

DancingQueen
October 2nd, 2013, 02:03 AM
Wow, your hair grows amaizingly fast - and so beautiful, too! What's your secret, lol. :)

Rocky
October 2nd, 2013, 03:14 AM
Congratulations on your 3rd hair anniversary - your hair looks amazing! It looks really thick and healthy. I'm so envious of your curls, they're so defined and look really springy. Happy growing!

lapushka
October 2nd, 2013, 04:51 AM
Looking gorgeous!!! :D Congrats! :)

CurlyMopTop
October 2nd, 2013, 05:02 AM
Gorgeous CurlyCap!

Federica
October 2nd, 2013, 05:25 AM
OMG that's a LOT of growth!
Congrats, great work and beautiful curls, I wonder how long it is stretched.
:)

shutterpillar
October 2nd, 2013, 05:29 AM
great growth! congratulations!

Alexblue
October 2nd, 2013, 06:07 AM
Your hair is gorgeous. It's not just growing fast but looks incredibly healthy and luxurious.

Warda
October 2nd, 2013, 07:11 AM
Goergeous hair :) and that is A LOT of progress.. Keep it up! Whatever you are doing, its working

Squiggy
October 2nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
Beautiful! Your texture is just gorgeous!

BrightEyes
October 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Your hair is stunning! You've had some fast growth, and I love your curls :)

Skade
October 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Your hair looks beautiful Curlycap! Seeing these kinds of curls makes me happy :D As a straight-hair I am fascinated with curls.

PetuniaBlossom
October 2nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Wow, CurlyCap, that is some wonderful-looking hair. And it looks like your growth rate is faster than average, too. I don't know what all your hair secrets are, but there's one that brilliantly obvious: your smile!!!
Congratulations!

SoftCurlyHair
October 2nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
:applause:disco::cheer::thumbsup: Way to go!

Neecola
October 2nd, 2013, 12:19 PM
Glad you checked in CurlyCap! Happy Anniversary!! Your hair looks fantastic!

Calaelen
October 2nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
WOW! that is some progress. Your hair is just stunning!

Leeloo
October 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! Very pretty!

Maelyssa
October 2nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Absolutely lovely! Good for you...it looks great!

CurlyCap
October 2nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words peeps!

As some of you in the Wurly and Curly thread already know, this summer was a bit harsh. I was going through a lot of stress and lost about half of my hair. The benefit of being a curly is that even thinner hair has volume! XD But I have lots of little sprouts on my head, so it'll all be fine eventually.

As for growth rate, most of it is genetic. I used to think my hair grew very slowly, but in hindsight, I just had a lot of breakage. My mother's hair (and her family's) grows ridiculously fast....like 3"+ a month. So I think I'm a mix of my parents and grow about an inch a month. Sometimes more in the spring.

For those that asked, I have my hair routine posted as a blog post. I try to keep that routine up to date. The only thing I think that's remarkable about my hair care is that I'm pretty consistent. It takes a lot for me to not condition my hair at night and do a quick detangle. Other than that, it's pretty simple.

I think I have to dress us for something next month, so maybe I'll post some higher quality pics then. Woot for the "post 'cos you wanna' thread!

Until later,

CC

Jenny31557
October 2nd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Congratulations! Well done! I also want to know how long it is stretched.
Beautiful hair and Happy Anniversary!

melusine963
October 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Wow, you hair must grow really fast! My hair is 2c at best, and I don't get that much visible progress per year.

jeanniet
October 2nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Dang! I cannot believe how fast your hair grows, considering how much shrinkage you must have. It must have grown about two feet in three years, and that's pretty impressive. Happy Anniversary!

moxamoll
October 2nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
That is just jaw-droppingly fantastic hair! I'm definitely envious of all those luscious curls. I'd love to get in on the mad scientist for hair growth league - pretty please????

Charybdis
October 2nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
Love those ringlets! Your curls are so pretty and low-frizz. (As someone with much straighter long hairs, but a permanent frizz halo of little curly hairs with short terminal lengths, I am a wee bit envious.)

lunalocks
October 2nd, 2013, 06:05 PM
Stunning, just, stunning.

CurlyCap
October 2nd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Dang! I cannot believe how fast your hair grows, considering how much shrinkage you must have. It must have grown about two feet in three years, and that's pretty impressive. Happy Anniversary!

Lol. It's been about an inch a month since my pixie, so that's THREE feet in three years! Bwauahahahaha <-- Evil scientist laugh

But seriously, I cut my hair majorly 3-4 times in the first 18 months because of the dreaded post-pixie fro. It ate up a lot if growth and that used to frustrate me, but I couldn't tolerate hating my haircut while I waited for things to even out. Now I just cut two inches a year to keep the ends in tact, so we'll see what happens over the next 12 months.

For those that asked, my hair is just past waist stretched. I found out last night that its dang hard to take a smartphone pic and stretch your hair at the same time! I'm hoping for BCL by spring. I'm short though folks! Only 5'3"!!

jeanniet
October 2nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
I forgot you probably had pixie trims to even things out, lol. So your shrinkage must be about 8"? I don't think it'll take long for you to get to waist unstretched, at the rate you're going.

AMD
October 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
I love your hair in the one year photo, it really suits you! Congratulations, your hair is so beautiful at all of these lengths.

I'm going to be so excited when my hair shows as much length as yours while curly.

CurlyCap
October 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
I forgot you probably had pixie trims to even things out, lol. So your shrinkage must be about 8"? I don't think it'll take long for you to get to waist unstretched, at the rate you're going.

Lol. As for waist, my goal on joining LHC was to one day post my piccie next to GRU's siggie pic and be stupid happy.

As for inches shrinkage, I never thought of it in inches. I'll pay more attention now. I usually go by body markers.

You'll be happy to know a certain brown comb has become amazingly useful since I hit waist. Kudos!

HintOfMint
October 2nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Gorgeous! Acquired a mane, indeed!

wildkratt
October 2nd, 2013, 10:01 PM
Wow curlycap, your hair grew pretty fast! And it's super pretty. :)

Cherry*Tree
October 2nd, 2013, 10:15 PM
Right?! Now we either don lycra (NO CAPES!!) and fight this mad scientist or see if we can join forces and get to use the secret formula too *crosses fingers for joining forces*

Brilliant, my friend! *crosses fingers*

GoldFrappe
October 9th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Wonderful growth!

AmyBeth
October 9th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Your hair is so beautiful. I love those curls.

browneyedsusan
October 10th, 2013, 06:02 AM
An inch a month!??! wow-SER! :thud:

It looks great! (and your pretty smile is fabulous too!) Congratulations! :cheer: