PDA

View Full Version : Hair Routine Schedule

blue_eyes
September 30th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Hey everyone! I'm curious about what everyone's hair routines are like and if you've got a set schedule for them.

Now that I've figured out all my favourite products, I'm trying to set up a monthly calendar for what to do & when. (Example: wash hair Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's. Treatment every Saturday & Tuesday, etc.)

Has anyone else done that type of thing? What's your schedule like?

sakuraemily
September 30th, 2013, 08:36 AM
For me it is wash day every 3 days and oiling the night before. No set days just a strict cycle.

kganihanova
September 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Wash day(s): M, W, Th (treatment day), S

I do try to stick to this because of work schedule and school schedule. I like clean hair for class/work.

ExpectoPatronum
September 30th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I don't have a schedule in terms of doing the things on specific days. I wash every other day and I usually oil my hair the morning I plan on showering since I shower at night.

rosiedeam
September 30th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I tend to wash every Wednesday and Friday. I try to oil before that, But I tend to be an evening showerer so it makes that a little difficult. Also at least every other friday I do a deep conditioning treatment. Additionally, I have tried to start using a detangeling spray (mane and tail detangler in case you're curious) before bed when I'm combing/braiding my hair. Since my hair is very fine and very sraight but also extremely dense it tends to tangle and turn into GIANT rats nests if not carefully combed, the detangler really helps me not break hair during combing. I also BBB before going to bed every night to evenly distribute the natural oils in my hair before going to sleep, I find the brushing lets me extend my time between washes.

clioariane
September 30th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Wash day(s): M, W, Th (treatment day), S

I do try to stick to this because of work schedule and school schedule. I like clean hair for class/work.
i have the same routine :)

jacqueline101
September 30th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Yes I have a set routine as far as that goes. On Monday Wednesday Friday Monistat deluted with water and leave VO5 keep me strong on those days. Saturday wash day preperation i undo my up do detangle hair then shampoo scalp condition ends with VO5 split end set rinse with cool water turbie towel half dry mist on tresseme shine spray detangle with wide tooth comb wear in braided up do.
Monthly I use lustrasilk sheabutter and mango cholesterol treatment rinse with cool water add Aussie deep conditioning treatment rinse again cool water. Before any treatment I shampoo and condition as normal. I don't clarify my hair I don't get build up anymore.
I'm working on monthly washes I've went two weeks this time around I'm trying it again. My scalp was mildly itchy but I'm not backing down from the challenge. I don't have tangles anymore since my shine spray. I don't use a calendar but I keep track of my care routine in my mind and the same with my trims.

jacqueline101
September 30th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Yes I have a set routine as far as that goes. On Monday Wednesday Friday Monistat deluted with water and leave VO5 keep me strong on those days. Saturday wash day preperation i undo my up do detangle hair then shampoo scalp condition ends with VO5 split end set rinse with cool water turbie towel half dry mist on tresseme shine spray detangle with wide tooth comb wear in braided up do.
Monthly I use lustrasilk sheabutter and mango cholesterol treatment rinse with cool water add Aussie deep conditioning treatment rinse again cool water. Before any treatment I shampoo and condition as normal. I don't clarify my hair I don't get build up anymore.
I'm working on monthly washes I've went two weeks this time around I'm trying it again. My scalp was mildly itchy but I'm not backing down from the challenge. I don't have tangles anymore since my shine spray. I don't use a calendar but I keep track of my care routine in my mind and the same with my trims. I picked the days based on when I have time.

blue_eyes
September 30th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I tend to wash every Wednesday and Friday. I try to oil before that, But I tend to be an evening showerer so it makes that a little difficult. Also at least every other friday I do a deep conditioning treatment. Additionally, I have tried to start using a detangeling spray (mane and tail detangler in case you're curious) before bed when I'm combing/braiding my hair. Since my hair is very fine and very sraight but also extremely dense it tends to tangle and turn into GIANT rats nests if not carefully combed, the detangler really helps me not break hair during combing. I also BBB before going to bed every night to evenly distribute the natural oils in my hair before going to sleep, I find the brushing lets me extend my time between washes.

I might try the mane & tail detangeling spray now that you mention it, my hair is very fine and straight as well & can knot very badly if I don't comb it carefully.

Thanks for all your input guys! I will probably try a wash routine of M,W,Th, & S since I like having clean hair for school/work days too :P

blue_eyes
September 30th, 2013, 09:44 AM

I might try the mane & tail detangeling spray now that you mention it, my hair is very fine and straight as well & can knot very badly if I don't comb it carefully.

Thanks for all your input guys! I will probably try a wash routine of M,W,Th, & S since I like having clean hair for school/work days too :P

jacqueline101
September 30th, 2013, 09:47 AM

You can make a detangler out of your conditioner. You had two table spoons of conditioner to an 8 ounce spray bottle fill with water screw the lid on shake up thoroughly. I used to make mine all the time. I thought I'd mention it.

jacqueline101
September 30th, 2013, 09:49 AM

You can make a detangler out of your conditioner. You had two table spoons of conditioner to an 8 ounce spray bottle fill with water screw the lid on shake up thoroughly. I used to make mine all the time. I thought I'd mention it.

blue_eyes
September 30th, 2013, 09:50 AM

Thanks for the advice! I'll try that first before I go buying anything :)

jacqueline101
September 30th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the advice! I'll try that first before I go buying anything :)

You're welcomed. I wrote it in my blog along with sugar water as home made hair spray. If you want you can read my blog it's public.

Arien
September 30th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I generally tend to wash my hair Monday & Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings. I oil my hair overnight on Friday nights and give myself a leave in deep treatment between 30mins-1hr depending how long I am in the bath for on Wednesday nights. I clarify once a week on the wash day I feel it needs it the most. I am quite a creature of habit. I like to stick to routine. My hair care routine slots in nicely around my skincare routine, which is steaming on a Tuesday, exfoliating on a Thursday and a mask on Friday as I can't always fit this all in on wash days :). Sunday I just like to chill out. :D

Arien
September 30th, 2013, 09:55 AM
When I say wash days I mean hair wash days, not washing myself in general. I of course have a bath or shower everyday lol.

shutterpillar
September 30th, 2013, 10:22 AM
I just do things for my hair when it needs it. However, I usually do wash it every other day, wear a sleep cap at night, and apply henna every five or so weeks; unless I have an event to attend, then I may apply a week earlier than usual since I typically have 1/2 inch of roots within 4 weeks post-henna. As far as oils, trims, and ACV rinses, those are done whenever I think they are necessary.

rose313
September 30th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I wash and condition every other day, that's about it. I use Joico K-Pak or Aphogee every second or third wash.

Tail Feathers
September 30th, 2013, 10:39 AM
i wash on monday mornings and thursday mornings. i oil the night before, with a coconut/olive oil mixture
(on sunday and wednesday nights; heavy oiling and i braid my hair and leave the oil in overnight).

stinkyfeet
September 30th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I co-wash on Thursdays, and shampoo and deep condition on Sundays. I put coconut oil on my hair at least several hours before I shampoo.

Cherry*Tree
September 30th, 2013, 07:31 PM
I wash Tuesday and Thursday, oil on Saturday, and wash Sunday.

hypersensitive
September 30th, 2013, 11:29 PM
The schedule keeps changing depending on the school year and the season but wash day is always every 2-3 days. For the most part, I would do deep treatment on the weekends. I clarify every 2 months and I do a small trim every half a year. That's about it.

CurlMonster
September 30th, 2013, 11:50 PM
I CO wash on a Sunday. Sometimes I'll do it Saturday if I'm going out with my friends on Sunday and I know photos will be taken. I sometimes do a deep treatment before I wash if I feel my hair needs it. But so really I only mess with my hair on Sundays, the rest of the time I just oil, detangle, and re-do my braids. :)

Neneka
October 1st, 2013, 01:49 AM
I CO wash in Thursdays and Sundays and put some avocado/olive oil mix in my wet ends. I also use coneless leave in conditioner to squeese water out of my hair because it makes hair more slippery. I clarify on wash day every month or so and I also use coney conditioner sometimes on my ends but not very often.

I use henndigo on my hair monthly too in a wash day.

Wondrous Alice
October 1st, 2013, 02:32 AM
I co wash every three days, alternating between a regular washing conditioner and a clarifying conditioner with added tea tree oil and always using a super moisturizing conditioner for my ends. I air dry always, after blotting of course, and use a hair oil around the time that it is not dripping wet anymore. Then in the days in between washings I use a conditioner water mix for the ends to stay hydrated. For sleeping I put it in a braid. I really only deep treat my hair when it is really asking for it, usually a protein deep conditioning.