PDA

View Full Version : How do I do this hairstyle?

LadyMaxwell
September 29th, 2013, 05:41 PM
How do I do the hairstyle in this picture?

http://s525.photobucket.com/user/LadyMaxwell1589/media/floorjensenbraidhair.jpg.html?sort=6&o=3

I know it's a braid with a ponytail, but I'm not sure how to do the braid and how it goes with the ponytail.

melusine963
September 29th, 2013, 05:47 PM
It looks like you make a high ponytail. Then separate out the front top section of ponytail and braid it. Lay the braid flat against your head and fold it under, hiding the ends. Then pin it in place.

neko_kawaii
September 29th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I think you'd make a high ponytail and separate it into a front section and a back section. Braid the front section and pull to hairline, flip excess under and pin. Not sure what you'd do with any excess that wasn't hidden under the braid though.

melusine963
September 29th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I think you'd make a high ponytail and separate it into a front section and a back section. Braid the front section and pull to hairline, flip excess under and pin. Not sure what you'd do with any excess that wasn't hidden under the braid though.

Good point. :D Some of us have hair that's too long to tuck away neatly. I'll never try this style because my braid would be embarrassingly skinny.

Kaelee
September 29th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Looks to me like they hid the braid end inside/under the ponytail.

sumidha
September 29th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Without a picture of the back of her head you can't really see the whole hair style, but it looks like the back ponytail is maybe topsy-tailed or clipped up, and I think I see two layers in the front braid? To me it looks like they first braided out towards her forehead, pinning it into place as they went, and then flipped the braid backwards, keeping it super tight, and braided back towards the pony tail.

Looks super difficult to do it and keep it as tight and smooth as the model's hair, especially on yourself. You could do a simplified version by looping a braid and pinning it, or tucking the tail under. It almost looks like it could be fake hair to me, or maybe it's just the model's hair is multiple colors...

Bagginslover
September 30th, 2013, 03:12 AM
It looks to me like the braid is foulded under, and pinned down along the bit thats on top. Any excess brais you coud seperate into 2, one peice either side of the ponytail, and secure them again behind the ponytail.