PDA

View Full Version : Twist in hair jewels.

Savvyhorsez
September 29th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I saw these online, but didn't trust to get them from the reviews, people didn't get them, they broke easy, etc. So I decided I'd try to make them! So without further adieu, here's a photo of the finished product in different designs! The model is my Mother who so nicely agreed to let me braid and put in the jewels for a minute. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6674&d=1380482092

Gaelle27
September 29th, 2013, 02:07 PM
DId you post the picture? If you did, I can see it and now I'm very curious about your jewels!

Libbylou
September 29th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I don't see a photo either.

Anje
September 29th, 2013, 02:52 PM
OP, you've got the pic in a private album. Only your selected friends and the mods are able to see it. :flower:

Very pretty, by the way.

Jenny31557
September 29th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Those are very pretty as is your mothers hair! :) how did you make them?

melusine963
September 30th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Those are very pretty as is your mothers hair! :) how did you make them?

I second that. Are they glued onto hair pins?

jacqueline101
September 30th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I'm interested in the twist in jewels too. I wonder if they're very sturdy or are they one time use only. I know you said they had complaints about breakage. That's why I wondered if they're one time only. If they're easy to make I might make them myself I have a conair beader and braider this would be the perfect companion for it.

Leeloo
September 30th, 2013, 11:09 AM
How pretty! I love those twist in hair jewels!

AmyBeth
September 30th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I bought some from WalMart, but I think yours are much prettier! I'd buy them if they were for sale. And tell your mom, I love her hair.

Savvyhorsez
October 2nd, 2013, 06:25 AM
Thank you Jenny31557, melusine963, Leeloo, and AmyBeth! :)

jacqueline101, if you care for them, and be very gentle, they are most certainly usable more than once! :)

As for making them I haven't found the perfect combination to make them stay on the metal backing, I just place the backs of the jewels that I put adhesive on to the metal wire that I twisted myself. I've used many adhesives from crazy glue to the huge tubes that you get in the hardware store that takes over 48 hours to set/dry/cure. It really depends on how smooth the back of the jewel is, at least that's in my case, I have had most not take to crazy glue, so I'd go with the huge tube of clear adhesive that you can get in the hardware store, it will take forever to set/dry/cure, but at least I haven't had any problems with the jewels coming off with that. :)

Savvyhorsez
October 2nd, 2013, 06:27 AM
Double post, so sorry!