PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner

jessj48
September 29th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Hey guys! I got a new shampoo and conditioner the other day. I've only washed with them once but they seemed pretty awesome. It's the Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Shampoo, and Tea Tree Conditioner. The ingredients look pretty safe to me, apart from a lot of oils that could (maybe) build up unpleasantly. Can you more experienced people see anything that could be problematic here? I'm avoiding harsh cleansers, cones, and have generally sensitive skin. I'm also trying to stretch out washes. Please excuse any spelling errors, I'm copying ingredients from the bottle. :)

Shampoo:
Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Water/Aqua, Coco-Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) flower extract, Glycerin, Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) leaf oil, Xanthum gum, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Cyamopsis tetragonoloba (Guar) gum, Lonicera caprifolium (Honeysuckle) flower extract, Lonicera japonica (Honeysuckle) flower extract, Citrus aurantifolia (Lime) oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) oil, Linalool, Limonene.

Conditioner:
Water/Aqua, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Cetyl alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) leaf extract, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium chloride, Glyceryl stearate, Behentrimonium methosulfate, Lonicera caprifolium (Honeysuckle) flower extract, Lonicera japonica (Honeysuckle) flower extract, Citrus aurantifolia (Lime) oil, Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea tree) leaf oil, Citrus aurantium amara (Bitter orange) leaf/twig oil, Pelargonium capitatum (Rose geranium) oil, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol.

Flossy
September 29th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Yum! Bet they smell divine. Are they from the health food shop? Not sure I've seen them in the supermarket.

jessj48
September 29th, 2013, 09:45 PM
I got them from the chemist in the hair section. I don't think I've seen them in a supermarket, but I've definitely seen them in a few chemists.

jessj48
December 5th, 2013, 03:22 PM
A little update for anyone who searches for info on this brand.

After using these for a while I found I don't like the shampoo. I'm not sure whether it doesn't have enough cleaning power or whether the amount of oils in it are too much for my hair. My hair is usually quite dirty by the time I wash it because I'm stretching washes. After using the shampoo I feel like I have a weird waxy residue and my hair feels greasy and looks piecey straight away. Because my scalp doesn't feel clean I end up getting itchy within a day or two.

On the other hand I still really like the conditioner. It washes out well but feels nourishing. It adds a lot of slip without cones (as least I don't recognise any on the label) and makes my hair easy to detangle.

I'm going to use other washing methods for my hair, but keep buying the conditioner to use.