PDA

View Full Version : I got bored with my hair.....

Country Cowcurl
September 3rd, 2008, 11:37 PM
.....as a life-long highlighter/dyer. i love love love my dark dark hair, but sometimes i crave that certain something else. and then i remembered seeing a certain product at a local salon. clip-in highlights!! i got some in "dark red" and "dark blonde" even though the red seems more pink. i love it!! it's natural hair so i can straighten it, curl it, and more. i've been wearing them to school & people keep asking me how i got my hair to be this great color!! check out my "highlights"!

p.s., they didn't pay me to say all this to y'all ; )

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1350/sept3oh4.jpg

Fillette
September 3rd, 2008, 11:46 PM
How cute!!! It is a great way to have fun with your hair without damaging it.

*BelievingAgain
September 4th, 2008, 12:00 AM
That's so cool! And really great that you can wear them to school (I take it you mean High School, not Uni. or College etc.), we were never allowed to do anything fun with our hair, and I didn't even go to a private school! Sillyness. And OffTopicness, LOL, sorry.
Have fun! :flower:

Arctic
September 4th, 2008, 01:02 AM
I have been playing with this idea too :) They look veeery nice, the red/pink is the kind of colour I would get too :D

Shanarana
September 4th, 2008, 01:05 AM
What a great idea......and like what was already said, no damage to the hair.

Arctic_Mama
September 4th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I used to have clip in highlights and color, because my (lovely and merciful and talented and wonderful) old hairdresser refused to dye my hair colors! She said she wouldn't be party to destroying 'that beautiful hair'. LOL someone was watching out for me ;)

They're a lot of fun and not *too* much color. Have fun with them!

goldenwaves
September 4th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Haha how cool! They look awesome, and are a great alternative to actually colouring your hair!!

LadyMoon11
September 4th, 2008, 06:03 AM
They look cute & fun! A great compromise- fun color but no damage :D

Nes
September 4th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Wow they look awesome!

What a great way to have a change without damaging your natural hair.

How do they stay in? What kind of clip is it? I would love to get some, but most things just seem to slide out of my hair 5 minutes after I put them in!

Nes x

pinkprincess
September 4th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I'd love to get some of them in the UK, but I haven't managed to find any longer than 18" yet :(

Country Cowcurl
September 5th, 2008, 12:22 AM
thanks for the compliments!! from all of you! i love this place.....lol.

Nes: at the top of the hair piece is a comb that you can fold in & out to snap into place. it holds pretty securely, i've brushed my hair with the piece in and it didn't budge!! for the record, i'm using the line from regis salon, although i've seen the same thing at mastercuts. right now, though, regis is running a special where it's buy 2 get the third free (each one is $10)

and i'm actually in college right now.....or, the english equivalent to uni, but i'm studying to be a teacher so i don't want my hair to look too crazy =P

melikai
September 5th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I'd love to get some of them in the UK, but I haven't managed to find any longer than 18" yet :(

Sounds like a good business opportunity for someone here! They can't be too difficult to make - maybe someone can use the LOL reject hair :p

*runs away giggling*