PDA

View Full Version : Tell me YOUR hair care routine!!

Bun15
September 27th, 2013, 06:51 PM
My keyboard is malfunctioning so I can't share OTL
But, I'm very curious as to what hair care routines others have! Meaning, how often do you wash, brush, what shampoo, aftercare, oil etc.
So share share share!! :D

Jenny31557
September 27th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Once you get to 25 posts, you can see other peoples profiles where they share their routines in the 'about me' section.
I love reading them!!

Bun15
September 27th, 2013, 07:01 PM
I thought it was 25!!!! :boohoo:

Bun15
September 27th, 2013, 07:01 PM
I meant 20, my bad

Jenny31557
September 27th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Lol well now you're at 22! Keep it coming! :)

Babzilla
September 27th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I co wash twice a week, light coconut oiling every day. I do one heavy oiling before my second wash, I mix an herbal blend of green gram, shikakai, amla and tulsi into my conditioner to remove the excess oil.

I also take a biotin complex and gelatin.

battles
September 27th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Mine is pretty boring right now because I'm only chin length.

Wash every other day or every two days with Cocoa Pink Princess Poo and Shine+, gently comb out with a wide tooth comb. I use a tangle teezer to remove all tangles and make it silkier once my hair is fully dried, though this will change because my hair gains wave as it grows. Sometimes I'll put Nightblooming Panacea on the ends before wash day. Other than that, I leave it alone besides putting it in a sleep cap for bedtime.

The quality of my hair has greatly improved with a very basic routine, compared to the last time I was chin length and trying *everything* I could get my hands on.

lunalocks
September 27th, 2013, 07:39 PM
I am back to CWC with one to two drops of baby oil on the ends and length after 6 months of CW catnip tea soaks and baby oil. The catnip really did (dramatically!!!) cut down on splits, but in the past month I have been through some hair misery (surgery, season change) and it feels pretty dry. It loved my conditioner today.

Sascha888
September 27th, 2013, 07:46 PM
I was washing every other day with WO and on the off days I'd do a CW. I did this for 4 weeks and shampooed my hair once every 4 weeks. I now wash it with shampoo once a week and that is on Saturdays. Throughout the week I alternate between a water wash and conditioner wash. I went back to shampooing once a week because my hair is getting way longer now, and I cover my hair with extra virgin olive oil -cold pressed and then shampoo it out. I have been needing it more on my ends-olive oil that is. And I gave up the blow dryer. I have been letting it air dry for the past 4 months and now I like it way better. So far, it takes it about 15 minutes to dry on its own.

starlamelissa
September 27th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I love routine threads!

I have been washing daily/or every other day.

Favorite shampoo-suave sleek professionals shampoo,easily the best shampoo I have ever used. Have repurchased 5 times!

Conditioner- I alternate between v05 kiwi lime squeeze, and tresemme luxurious moisture.

I comb my conditioners through, fully detangling while in the shower with a jumbo comb.

Leave in- I alternate between a few drops of baby oil, or suave professionals sleek anti frizz creme. I love both and have repurchased both over and over.

Air dry

Don't brush unless it's dry, and braid or bun it for most of my day.

Detangle before sleeping.

I do sleep with it up.

Favorite tools, a denman d3 brush, goody nylon bristle brush, a jumbo wet look shower comb.

I have hair down to my butt, so something is working!

Bun15
September 27th, 2013, 09:37 PM
I was thinking about getting that brush!! (Denman)
My sister has as nylon brush, and I love it so much!@ But we can't find it anywhere!! I always tell her I'm gonna steal hers haha

HintOfMint
September 27th, 2013, 10:30 PM
My wash routine consists of a heavy pre-wash coconut oiling, sulfate shampoo, coney conditioner, and a leave-in with Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme. I fingercomb and then put it up into a damp bun with spin pins once it has dried some.

I've gotten back into the habit of SMTs every once in a while instead of my regular conditioner.

I primarily fingercomb, rarely brush or comb, but I blowdry my bangs with a round brush.

Washes are every other day or every two days. In between washes, I dab some olive oil on the ends.

spirals
September 28th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Wash days: wash scalp with liquid coconut castile soap (Dr. Bronner) and let it run down the length. Rinse well and then do my own marshmallow root herbal rinse. I bend at the waist so it's easier to get all my hair. I leave the rinse in and towel up. Sometimes (depending on my whim) I comb out before switching from my microfiber towel to a cotton pareo, which helps it dry faster. Leave down to air-dry and wear down all day while out (nearly always up at home). If it's dry, I do a coconut oil soak before washing and add baking soda to my castile. That's once a month. I wash 2 or 3 times a week, according to how my scalp feels.

Other days: Oil and brush out for updos and wavy half-ups; use curl refresher if I want tighter waves. My refresher spray is homemade and has catnip, nettles, glycerin, and oil in it.

Sleep: one or two braids.

Zindell
September 28th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Every third day'ish: Wash with shampoo (SLS/Cones), rinse, then a hair mask on the lengths for some minute (Cones), rinse.
Every day 1-3 times or so: Brush my hair with a compact Tangle Teezer or finger combing.
(Experimenting with finger combing atm. I might go over to finger combing only. I seems to be good for the slight waves I've got going)
When needed: Trim the ends of my hair myself.

Not a very complex hair routine! ;)

My hair is in excellent condition so I don't see the need to add any other routines.

Kwantslonghair
September 28th, 2013, 04:25 AM
I wash every other day or every 2 days, I use olive oil before wash about once a month, but may do more during winter, I shampoo with dove extra volume and use it's matching conditioner on my ends. I change them now and then when they quit working the same. I use argon oil on last 4 in daily. Once a week I use macadamia deep conditioner. I air dry and try try try not to touch it till it IS dry. I wear it down half the day and n a pony half. I wear it loose to bed because I hardly move when I sleep. I don't even comb it when I get up. My avatar photo is just out of bed hair. I micro trim as needed when I notice the ends grabbing.

Busymom
September 28th, 2013, 05:04 AM
finger combing and detangling every night before I braid to go to bed.

Hair up in a bun with hair stick (mostly cinnamon) during the day.. no hair touching

hair washing- 2 - 3 times a week after light oiling (with coconut oil) using shikakai, aritha, amla and sandalwood powder (I steep and use the tea)

I used to do heavy oil soaks once a week but i cant get all the oil out with only herbs .. so I have given it up...

SMT once a month.

pill popping- a multi,iron capsule, Calcium, evening primrose oil and fish oil capsule

Got to hip from armpit length in 2 years :)

BowTie
September 28th, 2013, 05:10 AM
My washing routine at the moment: Shampooing twice a week. I use this shampoo by Wella and my conditioner is this coconut & almond conditioner by Boots. I wet my hair, put a tiny piece of shampoo on my palms and rub it on my scalp. I wet my hair again but don't wash the shampoo of totally. I add a bit more shampoo and rub it. I rinse well. Then I conditioner my lenghts. The last rinse is with cold water.

I don't use any heat or teasing. The only product I use is dry shampoo that I only try to use 1-2 times a week. Usually the day before my washing day. Daily I do scalp massaging and combing. I keep my hair up while in bed.

I'm going to try oiling next :)

starlamelissa
September 28th, 2013, 06:09 AM
I was thinking about getting that brush!! (Denman)
My sister has as nylon brush, and I love it so much!@ But we can't find it anywhere!! I always tell her I'm gonna steal hers haha

Amazon has them! They have been discontinued in stores. "Goody finishing brush" or "Diane styling brush" I like to rough up the bristles a bit before using to soften them.

galadriel
September 28th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I co wash twice a week with Deva No Poo, follow with Deva One conditioner from roots to ends. I leave the conditioner on with a shower cap and wash my body, shave, etc. when I'm finished, I take the shower cap off and hold the ends away from the water and just rinse off my scalp. I leave the conditioner on my hair, scrunch it with my curlr like us towel(t-shirt material). I then use Toadstool LI on my ends. I let my hair dry naturally and then either do a fishbone side braid or french braid my hair for work. At night I take my hait down and finger comb my hair. I only finger comb nothing else. I put my hair up for bed, I sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase. On the days I don't wash I oil my ends, with either coconut oil ot Euro oil from mm. Once a week, the night before washing I deeply oil my hair and scalp and put a cap on, leaving on all night. Once a month I use Jessicurl deep conditioning treatment or Jessicurll too shea extra moisturizing cream. I've just gotten jessicurls stimulating scalp massage oil, I can't wait to try it. I try to massage my scalp at least once a day with my mm scalp dohickey.

lapushka
September 28th, 2013, 07:20 AM
We wash the hair here once a week, just a shampooing with harsh sulfates (SLS & SLES); shampoos such as Pantene or Herbal Essences. This is then followed by conditioner (*twice*), this to sufficiently moisturize the hair. Then for styling: a leave-in (Pantene Naturefusion leave-in ATM), some serum (IC Fantasia or Chi Silk Infusion) and gel (by Eco Styler, IC Fantasia, or LA Looks). HTH.

kganihanova
September 28th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Wash day: Pre wash oiling w/ Coconut/olive/or SAO, than wash with conditioner first than a diluted SLS shampoo (my hair hated SLS-free).

After care: argan oil as a leave in, comb only, braid

Stray_mind
September 28th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Washing 1-2 times a week, pre wash oiling with olive or coconut oil, leave-in conditioner after washing if my hair feel like it needs an additional moisture.

dwell_in_safety
September 28th, 2013, 09:17 AM
My routine is very simple and has remained unchanged for about 18 months now, ever since I stretched washes to this extent. :)

I CO-wash my length with Suave Naturals and my scalp with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle with an added drop of tea tree EO every other Saturday, the ones I have off work. The Friday night before I wash my length I heavily oil my length with coconut oil, which my hair loves as a deep treatment but hates as a leave-in. Saturdays between length washes, I wash just my scalp. Every six weeks I instead use a cassia/amla deep treatment on my hair on Saturday, which I mix with water, Trader Joe's conditioner, vitamin E oil, and aloe vera gel. Leave it six hours, wash it out, continue with coconut oiling Saturday night and CO-wash Sunday. For a leave-in after each wash Saturdays I use Nightblooming's Panacea products. My hair LOVES them for that purpose. It does best with those containing protein. I only use cold water to wash my hair, with my hair flipped forward and me bent at the waist. I also use an ACV final rinse with organic unpasteurized ACV containing the mother.

Throughout the week, I use a boar bristle brush to brush my hair 100 strokes each night with it flipped over and me bent at the waist. Sme nights I skip this if I'm just too tired. I then put my hair into one or two sleep braids started at various points on my head, put my satin sleep cap on, and use a satin pillowcase as well. My hair is up with ends protected every day. Detangling goes finger-combing, then wide-toothed peachwood comb, then depending on what I'm doing fine-toothed peachwood comb, then finally the BBB if I'm using it that night to distribute sebum etc. peach wood is good because it can be used on damp hair without issue.

I clarify and chelate once every three months the first length wash I do after a trim the Friday nights before a CO-wash. Continue with oiling and whatnot as usual, or cassia/amla treatment if it falls on that weekend (it never has yet).

This all sounds very long, but it's super simple and low-maintenance in practice! I think because I don't wash my hair often.

NataschaB.
September 28th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I wash my hair 3 times a week or so. Both the shampoo (Änglamark) and conditioner (Neutral) I use are Danish brands and without silicones. That's about it. Oil every once in a while when I feel like it :D

I make a bun every day and secure it with a claw clip. I never brush my hair with a hair brush, so I use my fingers instead.

Northerner
September 28th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Oil scalp 2-3x per week overnight with sesame or coconut oil infused with Indian herbs. Wash in the morning with a paste of Indian herbs, steeped overnight (aritha, shikakai, bhringraj/brahmi/hibiscus). Henna roots once a month. Have been doing this for over a year. Also started taking iron supplement, MSM, vit B compex and biotin recently.

MaryO
September 28th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Oh no, my routine sounds decidedly un-LHC! I just shampoo and condition and do and ACV rinse when needed. I air dry by either pinning it up or just letting it hang loose! :-)

sarahthegemini
September 28th, 2013, 12:03 PM
My routine is constantly evolving! But, at the moment I:
-Co-wash with Asda Essentials Green Apple Co
-Use GVN Smooth as Silk as a RO
-Scrunch in a few small blobs of Schwarzkopf as a leave-in

I'm waiting for my GVN Direct Leave-In to arrive so I can experiment with using that as a leave-in too - I plan to scrunch a generous amount into my hair to encourage my waves)

I've also just bought a wooden detangler which will be my go-to comb instead of my other wooden comb (the detangler has wider teeth)

I am currently stretching my washes from every other day to every 2 days so on the day before wash day, I spray dry shampoo into my roots as they get very greasy. I must also start doing coconut oil pre-washes once a week!

jacqueline101
September 28th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I shampoo every two weeks on saturday and condition split end set rinse with cool water
Mist tresseme shine spray on my hair. Detangle wide tooth comb wear up in a braid style while damp air dry half dried.
Monday Wednesday Friday I Monistat deluted with water and use vo5 keep me strong cream wear my hair up take down on wash day and comb.

PrairieRose
September 28th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I shampoo every two weeks on saturday and condition split end set rinse with cool water
Mist tresseme shine spray on my hair. Detangle wide tooth comb wear up in a braid style while damp air dry half dried.
Monday Wednesday Friday I Monistat deluted with water and use vo5 keep me strong cream wear my hair up take down on wash day and comb.
Wow!! I wish I could stretch my washes that long!

rcblinn
September 28th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Routine is every day cowash with VO5 Passion fruit smoothie conditioner and then Suave Ocean Breeze on the length. I throw in one or two sulfate poo washes a week as a precaution against clogged follicles and build up. I occasionally also use Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut oil on my length when I feel it needs more protein. I am reluctantly considering to switch it up though because I am in the middle of a big shed and am unsure if it is due to co-washing or just seasonal shedding.

Audhumla
September 28th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Usually I wash my hair every other day.
I lightly oil my hair pre-wash. Lately I've been using camellia/tsubaki oil and liking it. This is possibly because I walk past a camellia shrub that always seems to have nice flowers on my way to and from work and I feel like my hair will be shiny like the leaves of the shrub if I use it. I wouldn't say logical thinking is a weak point of mine, but it is to be used sparingly in my opinion lol
I CWC starting with whatever non-cone conditioner I have to hand then Alchemy mandarin shampoo and then finish with either my first conditioner again or the Organix Bioton and Collagen coney conditioner.
Very sporadically I do ACV rinses and it does add a bit of shine but I certainly don't depend on them.
I've been using a new detangler/anti-frizz product by Karpati > http://www.karpati.com.au/natural_edge/karpati_natedge.pump.html
I've been using it as a leave-in on my length even though it says to rinse off. I'm really enjoying it. It seems to cut down on the post-wash poof.
I try to detangle my hair in the shower with my fingers and conditioner and I always air dry.
Recently I've also been using my new No Tangles brush from Macadamia which is effectively a TT with a handle and I've been spruiking it far and wide because I really like it. No snags, no causing breakage. It's the best. As seen here http://www.macadamiahair.com/products/detail/no_tangle_styler_brush

nobeltonya
September 28th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I have always been, and it seems always will be, a daily washer. I tried just about everything from CO, WO, not washing, etc.. I recently ran out of my regular shampoo [only use Dabur Vatika or Sunsilk] and had to manage with what I had: Suave Professionals Lower Sulphate and baby shampoo. Neither worked.. and then, per my husband's suggestion, I tried just using coconut oil [I boiled it with curry leaves, which works well] instead of conditioner, and washing every other day. Yeah, that was also a bust... Because of that, and the difficulties I had combing my hair [my husband ended up ripping out a huge knot in the end of my hair :/ and it took me FOREVER to comb it] and the way it looked, felt, etc, I ended up cutting off about 6". So where I was just passing Classic, on my way to fingertips, I am now currently at BCL. But, on the plus side, it has grown about 1" in the first week of being back into my regular routine. :) So, what is tried and works best for my hair, which is type 2a/b / M/C / ii [3.5"], is as follows:

Oil: pure coconut oil boiled with curry leaves [doesn't have to have the curry leaves, but they are supposed to strengthen the hair and prevent premature graying..].
*This I apply every other night, liberally to scalp and length. Just massage it through, get as many sheds out as I can with just running my hands down it.
Shampoo: Sunsilk Soft & Smooth <3 <3 <3
*This is my favorite shampoo. Smells wonderful, my hair loves it. Yes, I wash EVERY morning. Call me crazy, but I actually enjoy the whole routine I have and the cleaning process. :)
Conditioner: Aussie Miraculously Smooth <3 <3 <3
*This also is my go-to conditioner. I've tried others, and this works the best. I get the big 29.4 oz pump container and it lasts me like a month. I like being able to measure how much I'm using. :)
Leave-In: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Cream <3 <3 <3
*This also I've been using for like 2 years now. Can't go without it. I like to leave my hair down, and this keeps it from tangling [maybe not 100% but pretty close], and is also wonderful for combing. I only comb wet right after washing and applying leave-in. :O
Comb: ConAir wide-tooth styling comb of some sort.. idk. That also I've had for at least a year or 2. Was like $3 at Wal-Mart..
Towel: Turbie Twist! <3 <3 <3 I used to use regular towels, and these are so much better. Less tangling, dries quicker. Awesome. :)

And when I sleep, I usually just throw it up in a nautilus [don't have to secure it with anything.. although it'll come loose by morning if I lay on my back] or lately sometimes a bee-butt bun with spin pins. Have to put it up, b/c my husband and I co-sleep with our 2 boys who can't for the life of themselves lay still [none of them!!!]. Otherwise I'd leave it loose.. :disco:

clioariane
September 28th, 2013, 05:12 PM
My routine is pretty simple, I use Kérastase Nutritive or John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoo & conditioner every 2-3 days, and a L'Oréal hair mask once a week. Sometimes an Organix anti-breakage serum on my ends. Air dry, no styling products except dry shampoo when I don't have time to wash it. I also take a multi vitamin, fish oil and Viviscal twice daily. Interested in switching to sulfate-free shampoo and coconut oil when I run out of my current products.

RainbowBowser
September 28th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I....:
-Wash every other day/every 3rd day.
-Dry Shampoo as needed
-Alternate between sulphate and non-sulphate shampoo
-The matching conditioner to the shampoo,
-A little bit of DermOrganic Deep Repair Masque
^also use this stuff for deep conditioning occasionally, works well with my hair.
- Use chi silk infusion and/or Sally Hershberger hyper hydration keratin spray.
-sometimes cave and use heat, depends, I really try not to.

Arciela
September 28th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I wash 1-2 times a week, water only. :)
Occasionally use half of a pea size amount of coconut oil and shea butter on my ends.
I use no heat, ever..no chemicals or dye either.
Comb hair with a wide tooth comb and tangle teaser (I highly recommend it, its awesome)
When I sleep I sleep in a silk cap and on satin pillow cases :)

jacqueline101
September 28th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Wow!! I wish I could stretch my washes that long!

I'm aiming for a month. Thanks for the compliment I've finally figured how to back track on here sort of. I have to go to the threads I've read and find my post. I did this found yours again thanks. I didn't put all of my routine I thought this was a troll question.

Fairlight63
September 28th, 2013, 08:33 PM
I wash my hair once a week in the evening. Before I wash it I put olive oil on it, then CWC. When my hair dries I put it in a braid for the night. I sleep on a silk pillowcase or silk sleep cap. Take out the braid in the morning & comb my hair & put it in a bun with a Ficcare. Then before bed I comb my hair & braid it for bed. I like to keep it simple.

&rea
September 28th, 2013, 08:47 PM
I try to wash every other day. I co-wash as much as possible, but shampoo as needed (about every other wash) and allow my hair to air dry before I finger comb it out.
I do a weekly organic green tea rinse and let it soak in for at least eight hours.
I also try to do an organic coconut oil on the ends (only the ends) every 10 days or so.

jacqueline101
September 29th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Routine is every day cowash with VO5 Passion fruit smoothie conditioner and then Suave Ocean Breeze on the length. I throw in one or two sulfate poo washes a week as a precaution against clogged follicles and build up. I occasionally also use Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut oil on my length when I feel it needs more protein. I am reluctantly considering to switch it up though because I am in the middle of a big shed and am unsure if it is due to co-washing or just seasonal shedding.
I had the VO5 passion fruit smoothie gave to me shampoo and conditioner. I know you use the conditioner only. Is it any good? I used the cashmere silk set and the split ends.

Venefica
September 29th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I use almond oil on my hair the day before washing, I wash it once a week using two rounds of shampoo, one round of conditioner and one round of hair treatment then I let my hair air dry and when it is dry I add biosilk. I wash my bangs once or twice a week and have them cut every other month. I have the tips of my hair trimmed about once a year a cm or two to prevent split ends. I do regular scalp massages and I use a boar bristle brush and a tangle teazer like brush to tend it. I also do rituals for my hair to grow healthy.

Silverbrumby
September 29th, 2013, 08:32 AM
L'Oreal ever strong sulfate free poo, Garnier smooth and silky cone condition. Leave in garnier and sometimes argan oil leave in our baby oil. Wash every three days or so. Cwc and wc. Depends.

09robiha
September 29th, 2013, 12:51 PM

Jacqueline, now that we are sure this isn't a troll post would you care to share more? I would love to get into a routine that means I can was so infrequently!

Cherry*Tree
September 29th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Nothing much. Just conditioner and shampoo.

catamonica
September 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM
I wash my hair once a week. And one scalp wash. I added 2 capfuls of olive oil to my shampoo & conditioner. Really helps make my hair softer. Also two capfuls of aloe Vera gel to my conditioner. It helps to. I added Dehydrated minced onion or (de) chopped onion to conditioner. Makes my hair feel thicker And that's it. The gel is good for the ends too.

alexis917
September 29th, 2013, 02:16 PM
VO5 Strawberries and Cream Shampoo/Condish every 2/3/4 days.
Wet Brush. Aussie's Hair Insurance for detangling- upon reading the ingredients, it appears to be cone free! Yay!
So I'm still cone-less. I coconut oil my hair as a leave in sometimes, but I haven't been doing it nearly as much as I used to (daily) since I manic panic-ed.
I heard it could fade my color faster...

ceruleansky
September 29th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I loved reading all these.

I CO wash every to every other day. I love to do scalp massage, my two current favorite oils for that are Vatika and Trichup. At least once a week I try to do a heavy oiling that is half castor oil with coconut oil in my length.

My CO wash conditioners are both from Dollar Tree, Spahaus for when I can use the moisture and Silkience (white bottle) for when I don't. My go-to conditioner for length is Trader Joe's Spa Nourish, it always leave my hair so silky and shiny without cones. I also use the GVP for Matrix biolage conditioning balm. Every now and then I wash my scalp with some diluted Loreal Eversleek shampoo, usually the day after a heavy oiling when I can see I didn't get it all out. A couple drops of mineral oil throughout my length after a wash for slip.

I squeeze deodorized garlic capsules into my heavy oilings, sometimes I add them to my CO wash conditioners too. I brush with a "Wet Brush" while hair is still wet and then bun it with a clip or secure it with a stretchy ribbon elastic until I go to bed (I shower at night). For sleeping my hair is always loose over the back of my pillow. The only times I brush are when I wake up, before bed, and right before and after washing.

I henna/cassia once a month or more, and use Indian herb packs in between. I never use heat, don't know any styles, and hate to wear my hair down, so it's always in a bun. P.S. My hair is currently shoulder length.

BrightEyes
September 29th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I wash 2-3 times a week. My hair loves cones. I mainly use Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner (I will sometimes rotate in another set I have sitting in my bathroom). I then use Pureology Colour Fanatic spray leave-in and detangle. After it has dried a little I put a tiny bit of Nightblooming Panacea on the ends. After my hair has completely dried, I put a drop of DermOrganic serum in my palms and run my hands over the length. If I remember, I do a deep treatment once a week or every other week. I like alternating protein and moisture DTs.

I've been wearing my hair up most days. But I do wear it down in the evenings. I also like to heat style a couple times a month, usually for special occasions or just when I feel like having my hair down and styled. I really enjoy wearing my hair curled with a curling iron sometimes.

I also highlight and color my hair. I know I'm not as strict as most here on the LHC. But I have improved my hair care a lot over the past few years (going from heat styling every day to 2-3 times a month, less washing, more time between salon appointments etc). I've noticed a huge difference in the changes I've made. I feel I've settled on a good balance between caring for my hair while occasionally still wearing it how I enjoy it. My hair is happy and I am happy.

Cherry*Tree
September 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I just 'poo, condition, and bun.

Cherry*Tree
September 29th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Nothing special. Although I love the smell of my conditioner.

Emanuelle
September 30th, 2013, 11:23 AM
1. I co-wash with Neutral
2. Condition with 1 of my many different conditioners... preferably oil and protein rich
3. Rinse with warm water, then cold, then warm, then finish with cold (this seems stupid but really gets the clumps going for my hair :D)
4. Scrunch in leave in
5. Seal with grapeseed oil (ends only)
6. Scrunch in gel
7. Plop
8. Air dry for few mins
9. Dry hair on lowest heat setting in my softhood attachment.
10. Scrunch out hard gel
11. Yay!

I do this 1 to 2 times a week. Like twice a month I wash with sulfate free poo instead of co-wash. A couple of times a year I clarify with a sulfate poo. I try to do deep and protein treatments often. I used to do a chamomile tea rinse after every wash, that was GREAT. Should re-implement it into my routine, but it is more difficult where I live now...
I sleep on a silk pillowcase and take vitamin, mineral and protein supplements. I massage my scalp daily with warm Jamaican Black castor mixed with coconut oil (really improved my hair growth). I try (try XD) to exercise regularly.

jacqueline101
September 30th, 2013, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=09robiha;2527661]Jacqueline, now that we are sure this isn't a troll post would you care to share more? I would love to get into a routine that means I can was so infrequently![/QUOTE
I'd like to first of apologize for taking so long to get back here. My routine is Monday Wednesday and Friday water deluted Monistat VO5 keep me strong leave in conditioner. Detangle braid wear it up. Take down on wash day saturday detangle VO5 split end shampoo on scalp condition on the ends rinse cool water. Turbie towel dry half ways spray tresseme shine spray detangle wide tooth comb braid and wear up. Monthly lustrasilk mango Shea butter cholesterol treatment rinse cool water follow Aussie deep conditioner rinse cool water prior to treatment shampoo and condition as normal. I'm working on monthly and I did stretch my washes to every two weeks. My scalp did itch on the every two weeks but I'm ignoring it doing my goal of my monthly washing.

Nanna
September 30th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Wash every two to four days with any shampoo that I have at the time. Lately I've been conditioning the lenghts first, then shampooing and rinsing everything off at the same time, and it seems to be working just fine. :) Then dry with a towel for ten minutes or so, light oiling and air-dry. Sometimes when I don't have the time or patience to wait for it to dry (that can take two hours), I'll just bun or braid it wet and let it be. Then, at night or sometimes during the day, I'll free it and let it dry a bit before re-braiding or bunning. Other than washing my hair, I just try to leave it be (though that is difficult with all the beautiful pictures here that make me want to try some waves/fancy braids/buns in my own head). :D That's the hardest part actually, letting it be!

girlthursday
September 30th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I love reading everyone's different routines! It's so interesting how each and every one is different.

I'm pretty short right now so I mostly just rinse with water and maybe once or twice a week I use a seaweed shampoo or conditioner. I fingercomb or use a tangle teezer.

It's so short and has no damage yet so I don't need to oil or really do anything. I'm a big fan of benign neglect. :D

ositarosita
October 1st, 2013, 10:48 AM
Shampoo and condition 2-3 times a week.. style with my rinse out conditioner and put my hair in a protective style ... lately it's ballerina bun .. about to start oil and doing daily scalp massages ... and I only brush/comb if my hair is wet it doesn't matter if I haven't washed my hair in a week if my hair isn't wet nothing is coming near it .. it doesn't tangle or knot so I have no need