PDA

View Full Version : Leave the tea rinse in...?

milky way
September 27th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Ok, so I just prepared a tea rinse, then realised I might not have time to a) leave it in for a while, b) rinse it out and c) let my hair dry.

So my question is, can I just leave it in until later tonight? :hmm: I made it with hibiscus, malva and some black tea, if that interests anyone!

SleepyTangles
September 27th, 2013, 08:08 AM
It should do no harm, unless it makes you catch a cold! Just use a dark towel, tea stains are nasty

milky way
September 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Oh man, I didn't even think about the stains! Maybe I should just wait until later tonght to do the whole thing, hehe...

One more question: is it recommended to somehow moisturize after a tea rinse? I can't recall that I ever have, but just thought I'd ask!

goldenlady
September 27th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I spray my hair with peppermint tea.. It seems to tone the brassiness in my blonde and smells amaze! It hasn't harmed my hair.. makes it feel thicker and stronger if anything :D

Anje
September 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I'd rinse it out, because I'm not really happy with how my hair feels when I leave tea to dry in it. But that's very much a personal preference thing. Some people like leaving it in.

Northerner
September 27th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I usually leave in all herbal teas with the exception of hibiscus, as it makes my hair very dry if not rinsed out.

Hairitic
September 27th, 2013, 08:49 AM
I leave in all my herbal tea rinses including Hibiscus. The Hibiscus helps boost the red tones of my Henna and I just oil to make up for any drying effect it might produce.