PDA

View Full Version : Creaclip success

Lillybelle
September 26th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I received my creaclip set in the mail a few weeks ago and just now put it to use. Or had my hubby do it anyway. I have layers, which I like. I braid usually but I love the way my layers look when my hair is down and I let them air dry. I was going to just flip everything over my head like in the YouTube vids but I don't want layers on my crown. So, I made sections(nape to crown) and had the husband man use the white curved clip to trim a 1/4 inch off of each layer. Came out great! (I know I could have used Feye's method but I don't trust myself) So happy!

pogo0685
September 26th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I had never heard of these before. They look pretty neat. My husband does a really good job of trimming my hair, but now I am thinking I need to buy them just in case. I wonder how they would work on my boys...

Seeshami
September 26th, 2013, 09:04 PM
I have been using mine for almost a year and I love it.

LaurelSpring
September 26th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Congratulations! I have been using mine. I use it on my daughter and my granddaughter. I watched lots of youtubes on it and I have tried several different ones. When I wanted layers it worked great. Mostly now I am just using it for fringe on myself.

minxe
September 26th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I just did this the other day, and I love it. I feel like it works way better for layers than Feye's.

jacqueline101
September 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I've a creaclip set but I've only used the blue fringe one. I'm a bit scared to use the white one by my self.

DancingGirl
September 29th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I haven't used mine on me yet, but I trimmed my moms hair with it and it came out nicely. :D

Savvyhorsez
September 29th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I honestly had no idea what a Creaclip was! I had to look it up! I never knew that kind of thing existed! Highly interesting!

alabaster
January 5th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I just purchased one online after having not so great results with fey's method on my very very thick almost APL hair. I am looking to have a straight across trim and i really hope this works for me. Anyone have any success pictures after using the creaclip?

MsBubbles
August 12th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Bumping! I tried to find the most recent thread for the creaclip.

I would like to cut some layers around my face - starting with bangs at chin length, probably. But the problem is, I have fine, straight hair at ii thickness (about 3.25" ponytail circumference). I am afraid that if I use the curved creaclip to cut in layers, that I will not be left with much hair in the length, if you see what I mean.

Has anybody with fine, straight hair actually cut such a style with this thing, and how did it work out? I'm mostly worried my length will look like a small strip down my back instead of hair.

I'm not going to a salon for this because I am sure I will end up with pretty much no hair at all.

I have tried cutting these layers in myself, but really messed it up.

Seeshami
August 12th, 2014, 04:20 PM
I could use the crea clip to cut my Bangs but I do it the old way by hand

lapushka
August 12th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I would like to cut some layers around my face - starting with bangs at chin length, probably. But the problem is, I have fine, straight hair at ii thickness (about 3.25" ponytail circumference). I am afraid that if I use the curved creaclip to cut in layers, that I will not be left with much hair in the length, if you see what I mean.

If it's just face framing layers you want, you need about half of your hair (the top half, gather from before your ears up) and one of the compact cutting methods. With both methods you make a ponytail. The ponytail on top of your head is for longer layers (not face framing ones), the ponytail on top of your forehead is for shorter layers (face framing ones). It takes a lot of guts to do this yourself, though. I'd go to a stylist if you're not that daring. And remember, you can only cut it once. Gone is gone. You may regret it!

MsBubbles
August 29th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Thanks, Lapushka! I think this basically tells me that I'm not willing to part with that much hair. It's fine and not 'lots of it'.