PDA

View Full Version : Color Run and protecting my hair

samanthaj08
September 26th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Hey, not sure if you're familiar with the Color Run (http://tinyurl.com/njwjqv2), but I'm going on Sunday.

I don't want to cover my hair, but I don't want it to be damaged. Should I oil or something?

What would you do?

tigerlily.
September 26th, 2013, 08:15 PM
My sister did the colour run in London. She has very dark hennaed hair, she just shampooed and did a leave in condition after. What kind of oil were you considering? Good luck with the run!

pogo0685
September 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I have never done the color run, I did do the warrior dash once and it took me so long to get all the mud out. I would oil well and put it up in a very secure bun or braid. Good luck!

samanthaj08
September 26th, 2013, 10:24 PM
I was thinking to use coconut since that's what I usually use. I just want to make sure I'm able to get it all out easily and coconut oil prevents the velcro feeling of post-chlorine so I was hoping maybe the properties would transfer to colored corn starch :)

Leeloo
September 26th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Hey, not sure if you're familiar with the Color Run (http://tinyurl.com/njwjqv2), but I'm going on Sunday.

I don't want to cover my hair, but I don't want it to be damaged. Should I oil or something?

What would you do?

I've never heard of Color Run, but after looking at your link I'd heavily oil the hair with coconut oil like a day before going there to minimize any absorption of the paint and again with jojoba oil right before going there to protect the whole hair shaft. Otherwise I think it'll be hard to wash it out without using something very harsh. It looks like so much fun. Hope you have a great time!

Natalia
September 26th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Oh ive never done one but my friends have and they had such a BLAST! I would go with oiling and a sturdy braid myself and plan an SMT when you get home. The SMT should help gently dislodge anything that dries in. If your hair does better with diluted condish you could do that too.

sandigrl117
September 27th, 2013, 12:59 AM
If you're concerned about the "color" they use, it's just dyed cornstarch. I would say put it in a braid. I also recommend eye protection. I did volunteer medical at one in my area and we did a lot of eye washes.