PDA

View Full Version : Hair Centered Halloween Costumes

HintOfMint
September 26th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Inspired by the Halloween 2014 Hair Goals thread, and the fact that next month is October, I started wondering about Halloween costumes. More specifically, I started wondering about specific costumes where the hair is a fairly integral part of the look and whether you would be able to pull it off without a wig.

For example, two years ago, I went as a decapitated Marie Antoinette. I had enough hair to pile into a giant bouffant reminiscent of her hairstyles and I spray painted it white. Last year, I trimmed my bangs to go as zombie Zoey Deschanel.

Other costumes I can think of:
Pocahontas
The girl from The Ring
Cousin Itt

So what are you thinking of being this Halloween? Is a particular hair length/style/color part of the costume? Would you need a wig?

kitschy
September 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I want to be Glinda the Good Witch http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/filepicker%2F2USHD3eQCCyi1QSIev8c_glinda.gif

My hair is a bit too long, but I have the curl to match. I think I can pull it off.

TiaKitty
September 26th, 2013, 10:20 AM
My daughter is a curly girl, and she wants to go as Merida from Brave! :D It is so cute that she has a hair idol, I have to oblige, which means I'd better get sewing on her dress!

Lunnafindel
September 26th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I've always wanted to go as Lady Godiva... but I've never had the guts to do it. I tell myself it's just because it's too cold at the end of October to go outside covered in nothing but my hair, but who am I kidding?
http://troglopundit.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/maureen-ohara-lady-godiva.jpg

kitschy
September 26th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I've always wanted to go as Lady Godiva... but I've never had the guts to do it. I tell myself it's just because it's too cold at the end of October to go outside covered in nothing but my hair, but who am I kidding?

You just need a nude colored bodysuit. You're perfect!

Hairitic
September 26th, 2013, 10:27 AM
How about Lady Godiva? :o :p :cool:

Mustang Suzy
September 26th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Halloween Hair for all Lengths: :D
Shaved - Sinead O'Connor, Demi Moore in GI Jane, Sigourney Weaver in Aliens
High and Tight - Grace Jones
Pixie - Annie Lennox
Shoulder - Wednesday Addams, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz
BSL - Wendy from Wendy's Restaurants, Pippi Longstocking
Waist - Morticia Addams, Lilly Munster
Hip - Laura Croft
Knee - Lady Godiva
Floor - Rapunzel

jacqueline101
September 26th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I'm going as lily Munster.

Seeshami
September 26th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Last years headdress was pretty much hair obsessed.

Sharysa
September 26th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Yay, two people mentioned the Wizard of Oz!

I'm going as Elphaba from Wicked for Halloween! Elphaba's actresses tend to need a waist-length wig, but my hair's almost waist length and plenty thick and wavy enough to be witch-hair.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/CrossoverQueen/Cosplay%20references/wicked-popular4_zps038641f0-1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/CrossoverQueen/Cosplay%20references/maxresdefault_zps73afe1c9-1.jpg

spirals
September 26th, 2013, 10:49 PM
A mermaid, especially if you have wavy/wurly hair.

emilia83
September 26th, 2013, 11:08 PM
My daughter is a curly girl, and she wants to go as Merida from Brave! :D It is so cute that she has a hair idol, I have to oblige, which means I'd better get sewing on her dress!

Merida's hair is awesome! I don't really have curls, I'm a 1b, but I henna and want to do some kind of rag/straw curls for a Merida costume. I'm still APL so it's not long enough to do it properly. Maybe next year ... :shrug:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130514010842/disney/images/7/7c/Brave-disney-2.jpg

I know it's a wig, but look at that curly red gloriousness! :)

Natalia
September 26th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Cliched witch is easy. I did that for my nephews I didn't really want to get all dressed up chasing 8 kids several years ago so I wore a black dress, my sister pointy hat, and left my hair in 3 English braids overnight then brushed and brushed till it got big and puffy :)

metricfuture
September 26th, 2013, 11:24 PM
This year I'm going as Pippi Longstocking, the hair makes the costume. :) (It doesn't hurt that I already have red hair and freckles, I know it's kind of a cop out, I just don't care)

Andeee
September 27th, 2013, 12:07 AM
I used to be something medieval or elven or faery every year--a good opportunity for complicated braided styles.

I used to play my harp in Victorian dress at Christmas with my old band. The whole village got in on it and dressed up! Most interpreted Victorian as the 'bustle era' (late 1800s), but I prefer the early Victorian era (1840s) and did my hair as I imagined Jane Eyre might do on a fancy occasion.

I dressed up as a Roman goddess one year (Ceres) and did my hair in a complicated braided updo.

Almost any Roman or Greek goddess would be good for very long hair. I saw a woman dress up as Medusa with rubber snakes in her hair! She didn't have particularly long hair, but what a good idea! If you don't mind the rubber in contact with your hair (could tug or tangle?).

Natalia
September 27th, 2013, 12:07 AM
One of my old teachers used to put a soda bottle inside her hair on top of her head then spray various colors up it for Halloween. Her hair was about waist so im sure manu of us here could do it

shubham
September 27th, 2013, 04:11 AM
A very nice pictures, Thanks for share with us.

woodswanderer
September 27th, 2013, 04:18 AM
I have been Medusa before. I gave myself many braids and tied little plastic snakes in, and wore a bigger one around my neck. (Black lipstick, black dress, etc)