PDA

View Full Version : I managed to stretch my washes =)

BowTie
September 26th, 2013, 04:23 AM
I'm so happy that decided to tell you. Everyone's hair is different but maybe this way will work with someone else too:eek:

So, since being a teenager I had washed my hair every single day. I started it because my skin got oilier and then it became a habit - after my puberty my skin dried but I still kept washing my hair. My scalp got very bad.. it was itchy, reddish and even bled. I'd basically scratch till it

And I'd still continue watching it daily. I guess I was addicted to the shampoo. However, in August I was visiting my parents for 3 weeks and decided to do something with my hair washing. On the first week I bleached my hair so it helped it dry. My hairdresser obviously washed it then. It was on Tuesday. I didn't wash my hair on the next day but on thursday I washed with baking soda and vinegar, friday I washed with shampoo and on the weekend I used only water. Next week I washed my hair using either wo, co or normal shampoo wash. I did this about 3 weeks.

Then for a few weeks I started shampooing my hair every 4 days and between that I'd only wo-wash.

Now, I'm only shampooing my hair twice a week - on Mondays and Fridays. Between that I haven't even wet my hair. Been happy with this. It's Thursday today and my scalp looks and feels totally clean. it is not itchy or reddish anymore. I'm planning to do this till Christmas and maybe next year try to have one co wash and one "normal" wash once a week.

I've written a novel! I'm just so happy how my scalp and hair feels.

sarahthegemini
September 26th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Wow, I'm in the process of trying to stretch my washes atm :) One thing I don't understand though, is why wash with baking soda? That's even harsher than regular shampoo!

BowTie
September 26th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Wow, I'm in the process of trying to stretch my washes atm :) One thing I don't understand though, is why wash with baking soda? That's even harsher than regular shampoo!

I only tried it once because I was curious. Didn't like it and my scalp didn't like it either ...

Coolcombination
September 26th, 2013, 04:36 AM
The main thing that prompted me to wash before was my greasy face framing layers but now I have short blunt bangs that are piecey they disguise the oilyness. I might try for a regular 3 day cwc

BowTie
September 26th, 2013, 05:34 AM
The main thing that prompted me to wash before was my greasy face framing layers but now I have short blunt bangs that are piecey they disguise the oilyness. I might try for a regular 3 day cwc

I used to have bangs but grew them out. I loved how they looked but they seemed to get greasy fastdr than the rest of my hair. And dirty bangs just don't look nice!
Wow, usually I have to wear my hair up on Thursdays but today it looked so nice I decided to keep it down. I also checked my scalp and it looks so healthy :D