PDA

View Full Version : Little things that make you go YAY!

milky way
September 26th, 2013, 03:55 AM
I just realised I haven't washed my hair since Monday - that's three days ago, and it doesn't even look or feel dirty yet! I normally "have" to wash my hair every other day. I have no idea what happened, but I'm super thrilled :cheer:

Anyone else noticing something new about their hair? :D

Kwantslonghair
September 26th, 2013, 04:18 AM
My hair is the same but my scalp is crazy oily. My face too. I feel like I need a spatula to scrape it off in chunks.

Coolcombination
September 26th, 2013, 04:33 AM
I just had bangs cut and I was told that I may have to wash them everyday, but I had them cut yesterday plus the hairdresser blow dried and straightened them so they looked greasy/shiny. Well day 2 and I can tell they are a bit greasy when I touch them but they don't look greasy when I just look at them. Hopefully i can wash them as often as the rest of my hair which is every other/every 3 days

maegalcarwen
September 26th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Today i had my "yay!" moment when I had to tie my hair away from my ear ( piercing-thingies), and it actually looks nice in a side-forward pony tail! Yay!

Mustang Suzy
September 26th, 2013, 07:10 AM
I found baby hair growing in my widow's peak. Maybe oiling has helped.

jrmviola
September 26th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Yay! Thats always nice :D

clioariane
September 26th, 2013, 07:15 AM
The other day a friend complimented me on my hair and after inspection looked at me in amazement that I have no splits even after no trims for 6 months. Made me happy :)

girlthursday
September 26th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I'm growing my hair back out from having shaved it off a few months ago and I was worried it would go through some really awkward stages but so far it hasn't! In fact, I've gotten more compliments than I ever would have expected. Hooray!

Haybop
September 26th, 2013, 07:18 AM
My mum did such a 180 on her opinion of me with long hair that she's gonna send me money to splash on hair products as an apology for previous comments!!

which.chick
September 26th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Spin pins (tried today) have enabled me to cinnabun and *not* have it fall down in the first five minutes. Yay!

milky way
September 26th, 2013, 07:27 AM
The other day a friend complimented me on my hair and after inspection looked at me in amazement that I have no splits even after no trims for 6 months. Made me happy :)

Oh my, lucky you! Here I am with splits 5 weeks after my last haircut... Then again, I actually told my hairdresser not to remove all the damage because I wanted to keep some length, but still. :P

restless
September 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I went yay the other day when I noticed that my very ends now touches the waist band on my pyjamas pants/pyjamas trousers (without me having to cheat and pull them up ridiculously high :p)

Neneka
September 26th, 2013, 09:55 AM
My hair felt heavy in the shower when I was washing it today when it was all wet. It even hurt my not yet healed ear piercings because it was so heavy. Weird thing to be happy about but the "heaviness" felt so great. :D

Venefica
September 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I just had bangs cut and I was told that I may have to wash them everyday, but I had them cut yesterday plus the hairdresser blow dried and straightened them so they looked greasy/shiny. Well day 2 and I can tell they are a bit greasy when I touch them but they don't look greasy when I just look at them. Hopefully i can wash them as often as the rest of my hair which is every other/every 3 days

I have had bangs for years, I wash them about to to three times a week, but that is no issue really it takes three minutes and they dry very quickly also since the bangs are regularly trimmed I do not have to worry about wear and tear with them so washing them more often should not be an issue.

Aingeal
September 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I was at the stir last night and got a huge compliment on my braid which was held together by a flexi8. I was super excited!

Taenarian
September 26th, 2013, 10:08 AM
A big yay here today for henna - about 1/2 inch of new roots in the last four weeks. Henna day is always an enjoyable day here!

~honeyflower~
September 26th, 2013, 10:13 AM
During the 9hr trip over the weekend, I finally figured out how to do the rope braid!

HintOfMint
September 26th, 2013, 10:29 AM
1. When I blowdry my bangs and they come out just right
2. When I take my hair down from a bun and it's all big, sexy waves
3. Treating myself to Toadstool's deep conditioners from Etsy and inhaling the gorgeous scent a day later.

Liz_park
September 26th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I heart this thread! I love all the things that you guys are writing about! Compliments...new discoveries...little accomplishments...all good stuff!

I was on the bus the other day, wearing my hair down for the first time in a while, and a little elderly woman told me I looked radiant, and that she loved my hair! I wonder if it's all these vitamins I'm taking :) Yay!

jacqueline101
September 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I'm happy about your bangs and washes. My moment for yeah was Monistat for growth. My hair started growing.

Squiggy
September 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Yesterday a receptionist at my dd's preschool said "Wow, look at that thick, long hair!" I turned around to see who she was talking about and she informed me that she was talking about me! So yay! Other people think my BSL hair is long!

ExpectoPatronum
September 26th, 2013, 12:32 PM
My shortest layers now stay in my braid. For months they would always fall out, and they were at that awkward length where not having them pulled back with the rest of my hair looked funny. It feels nice to see progress as far as my layers are concerned.

höpönasu
September 26th, 2013, 12:38 PM
An inch to go and my hair will solidly cover up my nipples! Fellas, fellas I think it's growing! :cloud9:

Leeloo
September 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I was never able to oil my hair after a wash in such a way that it didn’t look greasy, so today I tried and it doesn’t look greasy yet! :o

clioariane
September 26th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Oh my, lucky you! Here I am with splits 5 weeks after my last haircut... Then again, I actually told my hairdresser not to remove all the damage because I wanted to keep some length, but still. :P
I used to have splits all the time when I still colored & curled my hair, but since I quit that and started using weekly deep conditioning treatments no more!

Brileeka
September 26th, 2013, 02:45 PM
My scalp has been a lot dryer lately and I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing and my hair is feeling a lot softer lately. Maybe its because of my new shampoo and conditioner

SleepyTangles
September 26th, 2013, 03:34 PM
a) my "extra" bangs are now longer than chin. Yay!
b) finally, sticks seem to hold up my hair!! Second yay :o
c) my hair seems now long enough to do a small "nautilus" bun!:happydance:

pogo0685
September 26th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I learned 3 new buns in the last week! And my hair is just brushing hip when pulled strait so I am very hopeful that I will in fact reach full hip by the end of the year!

Funkyfish
September 26th, 2013, 04:16 PM
I love to hear about all those wonderfull things! Yesterday i hennaed my hair for the third time and this time I let it sit overnight. Now my hair is truly red and I love it! Yeah!

Marbid
September 26th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I'm a greas ball. YAY.
Coconut oil grease ball. I got it today and tried it for the first time. Shall leave it on over night. YAY.

I forgot when was the last time I washed my hair. YAY.
(it was not long ago, maybe 3 days?)

My hair is wavy not curly. YAY.
HurraH for bun on semi damp hair. YAY

which.chick
September 27th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Actually measured circumference of hair. 3" exactly, square in the middle of "average". That's an entire inch better than I'd mentally guesstimated. :)

GrowingGlory
September 27th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Stretched my wash an extra day!

Applegirl84
September 27th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I have blow dried, heat styled and used cones for years and now that I gave it all up I'm learning how to make my cone free air dried hair look good. Well the last two days my hair has been silkier and shinier than it ever was before! So YAY for losing the blow dryer and cones and getting even better hair in return :heart:

0xalis
September 27th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Even though my hair is ultra greasy now, I managed to go from Sunday till today without washing! I wore it up all week so nobody noticed :lol: My length loved it :D

[Eta: this should be obvious to most people on here, but I DID SHOWER this week :p Shower caps are my best friend.]

jessj48
September 27th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Waking up 2 days after a huge clarifying wash and oiling and feeling how soft and silky my hair feels. Better than it has in ages. :happydance:

Bun15
September 27th, 2013, 09:42 PM
It's getting longer! It's like it's growing fast or something!

akilina
September 27th, 2013, 11:20 PM
I thought this was in the friendship board at first..I was going to say...my dog!!!

>_> anyhow! today I actually reached back and stretched my hair (not that it's really wavy or curly) and realized its so much closer to bsl than last time!! Big time yay moment! I'm getting soo excited. Many of you have fabulous long hair but even since joining lhc 4 years ago, I've been kind of bad to my hair from time to time. Im good, but then I go thru a period of not caring one bit and do mean things to my poor hair. It's never reached bsl before so I'm very excited. I thought it would never happen!

cherry blossom
September 28th, 2013, 02:58 AM
What a great thread - at the moment I am feeling YAY for my re-discovering the goodness of Reeta nuts or soap nuts. Its been such a great thing for my hair personally, although I wonder if it will suit others..
I have thin fine hair, which needs heavy oiling once a week as pre-wash for good maintenance.. I always needed something good enough to wash the heavy oils off my scalp and length, and yet not strip the shine/body/volume of my hair.. Soapnuts have given me a great way to wash hair without any poo or condish, and yet get excellent squeaky clean results without over-drying. Bonus - ? Its completely natural and so cheap where I live.. Also, for my current length and volume, just a 15-20 soapnuts give me enormous foam and great results..
So, here I get a chance to scream off the roof-top.. ;):cheer::joy:

Stray_mind
September 28th, 2013, 04:03 AM
The fact that i got enough sleep today :)

BowTie
September 28th, 2013, 05:29 AM
I can see my hair is growing:happydance:
My hair gets less oily and it takes more time for it to get oily
It has some body so it doesnt look too flat

Rocky
September 28th, 2013, 06:01 AM
I did a CO wash last night and now I've got no frizz and my hair is so soft :bounce:

Brattina88
September 28th, 2013, 09:35 AM
My mum did such a 180 on her opinion of me with long hair that she's gonna send me money to splash on hair products as an apology for previous comments!!

This just happened to me, and I'm really glad. She was so negative about it before - but yesterday she talked to me about how long her grandmas hair was and how much she loved her hair... And I told her that's along the lines of what I want, too :) she seemed pleased and said my hair has been looking really good, and she offered to get me me a few hair toys! ;) yay

kganihanova
September 28th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Three weeks out from trim and NO SPLIT ENDS! I usually start getting them about a week post-trim and this is just a sign that my haircare is working!

TrapperCreekD
September 28th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I did my first fishtail braid! :happydance: Took forever and made my arms ache because I decided to be ambitious and not do it to the side, but it was worth it because it was it so pretty.

goldenlady
September 28th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I found my old clip-in hair extensions that I used to wear daily.. My hair is now longer than them :D yay!

Wallabear
September 28th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I am grateful to have found this community online of very beautiful, inspiring ladies and that we uplift each other with tips and tricks for shiny beautiful hair. I'm glad to see others who love the henna their hair or grow it long - makes me feel like I belong. Spent so much of my life being an outsider - too natural - etc. So it's nice to see others who are into these things even more than I am so I can learn from you all!

Robot Ninja
September 28th, 2013, 11:54 AM
It's been almost four weeks since I first dyed my hair with Manic Panic, my roots are starting to bother me, but the color on the length is still acceptably unfaded. Guys, guys...I think I might be able to give up chemical dyes! YAY!

Crumpet
September 28th, 2013, 06:46 PM
So I remeasured my thickness. I'm not sure if I measured wrong last time or what, but I'm at 3 inches...so I'm a solid ii. I checked three times to make sure. I'm pleased since it means my fine hair is a bit more protected than I thought.

Federica
September 30th, 2013, 05:28 AM
I finally bought a bristle hairbrush and threw away those plastic ones I had to use for some months. No more mechanical breakage, yay!

Neneka
September 30th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I posted this already on Mini-Milestone Thread but I am still excited about it. I dipped my hair in my food yesterday.

Oh, and I have started using coney conditioner once in a while. It makes my hair smell really good. I am constantly sniffing my hair after coney wash.

Stray_mind
September 30th, 2013, 09:29 AM
The fact that November is in one month. I don't know why i love that month.... I just do.

flemeister
September 30th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I no longer need to use bobby pins behind my ears when doing a ponytail, all the hairs reach the elastic now. :joy:

[talking to my hair]: right then you lot, onwards... to my butt! ;)