PDA

View Full Version : Question on length

Pwells89
September 25th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I've been growing my hair from a buzz cut for about 13.5 months now. It seems that my hair grows at about 3/4 of an inch per month. I've had a couple trims on my ends so far. My hair is at about 7 and 1/4 inches right now. How long till I will be able to tie it back? I heard it needs to be about 9 inches. Is that true? I'm hoping to be able to tie it back by December!

jacqueline101
September 25th, 2013, 02:13 PM
You might be reached by December or november.

Squiggy
September 26th, 2013, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure why 9 inches would be key, but maybe its a good estimate? It kind of depends on your head size/shape, and how much you want to pull back. When my hair was at chin length I could make a stubby little ponytail, but the hair around my neck wouldn't go in the elastic. But I have a tiny little head. Just keep trying! You won't know if it's long enough until one day, magically, it works!

Panth
September 26th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Really, the easiest way to figure this out is just to attempt to pull your hair back into a ponytail and then guestimate the shortfall (maybe with the help of a mirror and/or a piece of string to act as the theoretical hair). It's probably a bit different on everyone, depending on head size, curliness of hair, position of the ponytail and whether or not you think it counts as a real ponytail if it only contains the hair on the back of your head whilst the front is free like an enormous fringe.

Anje
September 26th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Pigtails are an acceptable substitute for a ponytail, especially when your hair's still too short to be pulled back by a single elastic. Bet you could do those now.

Saldana
September 26th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I can get my hair into a half-up, and I'm at about 7.5 inches. Can't quite get it into a French roll yet, but by December, I should be able to.