PDA

View Full Version : How to get this style?

jessj48
September 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
This is so pretty! It looks like a thread with flowers has been weaved through her hair somehow. Any ideas on how to do that and get it to stay? I'm guessing this hairdo was just done for the photoshoot and wasn't intended to last.
Maybe having small braids through the hair to weave with the flower thread?

I hope the link works. Fingers crossed.
http://weheartit.com/entry/75249833/via/ripple_waves

Leeloo
September 23rd, 2013, 09:10 PM
The link works!

To me this hair style looks like there are a few invisible threads with flowers attached to them clipped in on the top of the head. The style is very pretty.

Crabbyco
September 24th, 2013, 07:47 AM
That is what I was thinking too. Like the colored strands of clip in hair.

spidermom
September 24th, 2013, 08:52 AM
It looks like a shower of petals to me, not attached to anything other than maybe hair spray to keep them in place for the photo. I can see one off to the left that looks like it's on the surface all by itself.

lapushka
September 24th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Looks to me like this is just done to take a quick picture of. Flowers just sprinkled loosely throughout the hair. Nothing you can wear permanently, IMO.

Audhumla
September 25th, 2013, 12:26 AM
There's nothing holding those flowers in. The ends of those little purple flowers are pretty sticky when you pull the stem off so they'd stay if you were sitting still for a few minutes.
I know at least with my fine hair that even for a few minutes for a photo my hair would look really messy because strands would blow around and cover the flowers making it look more like a matted mess than magical flower hair.
I don't think there's anything you can do to actually make that a wearable style.

jessj48
September 26th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Maybe making a braid like this:
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkzovnWYBi1qfyncko1_500.jpg

And using the braid to attach strings of flowers like the first 2 posters said. It's so pretty I must find a way! :D