PDA

View Full Version : unsure of a certain oil mix.

ImEffie
September 23rd, 2013, 05:43 AM
Hello ladies & gents,

I'm a new user but a LONG time lurker. I noticed that a friend of mine went from APL to Hip in about a year and a half, I asked her what her routine was, and she said that she swears by an oil mix that she makes herself. she said that she would mix equal amouts of castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil, and galic oil. Then she would add small amounts of Jojoba oil, mint oil, sage oil, sesame sead oil,fenugreek oil, amla oil, grape seed oil, abricot seed oil, & avocado oil. Then she would add few drops of peppermint EO & rosemary EO. mix them all and apply them 3 hours before she washes her hair. Then washes her hair with mane & tail shampoo & conditioner.

I want to try but it seems a bit too much, What do you think?

Coolcombination
September 23rd, 2013, 05:48 AM
Way to much! That's practically every oil in there! The eo are just for scent so you could miss those out. Mint and garlic are both supposed to stimulate the scalp, so one of those would do. Avocado is used in a lot of hair products and Amla oil is popular. Coconut is a staple really. Olive oil is a good alternative to coconut. Jojoba is the oil closest to sebum.

Possible combinations: jojoba, coconut, mint
Amla, coconut, mint
Avocado, coconut, olive

Firefox7275
September 23rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Hello ladies & gents,

I'm a new user but a LONG time lurker. I noticed that a friend of mine went from APL to Hip in about a year and a half, I asked her what her routine was, and she said that she swears by an oil mix that she makes herself. she said that she would mix equal amouts of castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil, and galic oil. Then she would add small amounts of Jojoba oil, mint oil, sage oil, sesame sead oil,fenugreek oil, amla oil, grape seed oil, abricot seed oil, & avocado oil. Then she would add few drops of peppermint EO & rosemary EO. mix them all and apply them 3 hours before she washes her hair. Then washes her hair with mane & tail shampoo & conditioner.

I want to try but it seems a bit too much, What do you think?

Applies the oil blend to what, the hair or massages into the scalp or both? Research suggests scalp massage may aid growth in one type of alopecia, not seen any evidence for any oils increasing growth.

Coconut and olive oils are penetrating: coconut can reduce porosity, increase elasticity and protect from structural protein loss following overnight to twenty four hour treatments. Contrary to what is always said, jojoba is not similar to sebum, it's similar to a component of sebum.

Mane & Tail is rich in hydrolysed protein which is useful in damaged, porous or fine hair, it's wise to avoid or limit it if your hair is coarse or brittle.

ravenheather
September 23rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
That's an awful lot. I think a little simpler would be better.

kaydana
September 23rd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Wow. I'm all for a bit of potion making, but that sounds way over the top. You'll never find out what is and isn't working for you if you just mix everything together.

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 09:25 AM
Maybe she uses all of them in less quantity where it all adds up to enought to cover hair and scalp. Mane n tail is a shampoo and conditioner I like.