PDA

View Full Version : How much does your hair quality affect your daily mood?

Eryka
September 3rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Today started off really well. I was looking forward to my second day of CO and it went well. Until I saw some of the flakes come back and some of the itchiness. CO works great but I've had the scalp problem for a while. My mood dropped like hell from that point.

Trying to make things better I lightly oiled my hair while it was semi-damp. I guess my hair hates it because now its sticky and crunchy. It was great before, just not as good as I hoped it would be.

So after feeling hopeless about my hair I'm feeling really depressed and got into a fight with my boyfriend because I was pre-occupied with thoughts of my crappy hair and didn't want to be touched. I just want to be left the hell alone.

Can anyone relate?:boohoo:

BlndeInDisguise
September 3rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Yes, on bad days it definitely gets me down. Usually if I think it's for some reason not as healthy as it should be, or if I start thinking about my incredibly high forehead combined with a thin hairline....that really makes me depressed.

But if it's just a bad hair day (as in it's flat or something like that) I usually forget about it soon after I combed it.

Hope you can figure something out with your hair!

Arctic_Mama
September 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
I hear you. My hair quality affects my mood immensely, second only to the clarity of my skin (I struggle with hormonal acne so that's my biggest stress). Bad hair makes EVERYTHING annoying, and I feel self-conscious all day. I have noticed the longer my hair is the less bad hair days I seem to have, and the healthier it is the less I worry about it, because it looks beautiful on its own without me having to fuss with it to make it cooperate.

Just another reason for me to grow long, healthy hair. It keeps me from being bitchy!

AJoifulNoise
September 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
How my day starts tends to color the rest of my day. So, yeah, if my hair is mean to me... I can be pretty grumpy all day. My frustrations tend to come from trying to do one or two styles too many times.

rubyredslippers
September 3rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Having behaving hair makes me feel wonderful, and puts me into a more mellow and pleasant mood.

On the other hand, if my hair refuses to cooperate with whatever I want it to do in the morning, I tend to get a little huffier. It's not the biggest definer of my day, but its one of those little things that sort of sets the tone for the day, just like having a good breakfast or not running over my lunch with the car.:cool:

I do feel hopeless, in weaker moments, because my hair just doesn't seem to be growing. But then, my logic kicks in and I realize that there's not a whole lot I can do to control that. But that doesn't seep a whole lot into my life.

We all have bad days though, filled with things that our partners can't fix. Hopefully your boy understands, and things settle down. Good luck with your CO, and with him.

C_Bookworm
September 3rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
A regular bad hair day doesn't get me down - but when it is something more long term, like i got a cut or color i didn't like, that definitely effects my mood

josie4
September 3rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
Waking up with hair that doesn't look too good can really affect my day! Oftentimes, if my hair doesn't look good, I don't feel like I look good period. I'm trying not to worry too much about it though because I realize my hair often looks fine, and not many people would notice little imperfections like I do.

LadyLongLocks
September 3rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
I don't think about my hair too much to be honest. I wear it up most of the time and it usually looks okay even if my hair is a mess. It used to affect my mood more when I was younger and I had to curl it and style it all the time. It does make me happy when it is freshly washed and dried and I wear it down,even if it's just around the house.

Chromis
September 3rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
No, my hair does not set the tone for my day. I might have more trouble getting my hair to go up the way I wanted if I was already in a bad mood and lacking patience, but I have several styles that will work even when I'm frustrated and then I can go on to do something about the cause of the grumpiness. I'm not often grouchy though, I much prefer being calm, it takes much less energy to be calm!

walkinglady
September 3rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
My hair doesn't usually set the tone for my day. Dark circles or puffy eyes do bring me down though!

NiAosSi
September 3rd, 2008, 05:57 PM
My hair can usually set the tone for my day. Sometimes, it is shiny, soft, and forms nice curls. Other times, it is just ugh, unbearable. It can be dryer and/or crunchier than usual. I am more aware of how I want my hair to be and the care I put into it now, so it can be frustrating.

Teacherbear
September 3rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
No, my hair doesn't affect my mood for the day. Every now and then I'll look at my hair all halo'd out (poofy ringlets all around my face like a halo) and I'll kind of smirk and roll my eyes. I might pat it down or just shrug my shoulders and go about my day.

Tangles
September 3rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
My hair doesn't usually set the tone for my day. Dark circles or puffy eyes do bring me down though!

I have those all the time (no I'm not anemic). It really sucks. I need the good hair days to make up for it ;)

beyondcute
September 3rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Not until wash day. One thing that really bothers me is when my hair is PERFECT and people pull on my curls and frizz them up. I have a patch int eh front of my head RIGHT now thats frizy because my aunt like to see them "boing." I dont want to be a witch so I dont say anything I usually just try to flee. But JEEZ! When I have imperfections caused by others, yes it IRKS ME TO NO END! But when my hair does what it does on its own Im fine with it.

Or maybe Im PMS-ing...

hennared
September 3rd, 2008, 09:09 PM
My hair only affects my mood when it sheds more than usual in the mornings' comb through.. that can really bring me down :rolleyes:

LilyMunster
September 3rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
My daily mood is completely unrelated to a good or bad hair day.

vindo
September 3rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
My hair does not affect my life in a bad way, that would be horrible in my case..:eek:

Shanarana
September 4th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I guess if I was to be honest with myself, I would say that my hair does affect my mood on days that I work. If it's the weekend than I don't care.

danacc
September 5th, 2008, 10:06 PM
When my hair is behaving nicely, it pleases me, and I notice it as a good note to the day.

When it is misbehaving, I do the best I can with it (it's always up during the day). Then I ignore it. It's just not important enough to get me down.

Tressie
September 5th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Yes sometimes! I usually go ahead and shrug it off, but honestly I hate seeing a lot of sheds too! )o:

Eryka
September 6th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Oddly enough, my hair itself is good. But my scalp is acting funny. Combination of too high pH in the water, high SLS shampoo, and bad brushing habits.

Just realized last night that I'm loosing my hair because of it. Hopefully it will grow back.

mellie
September 6th, 2008, 06:48 AM
My hair totally affects my mood! If it is dry, or greasy or just not its usual thick, bouncy, self, I actually do feel down...isn't that silly? But it's absolutely true!