scunci hair ties

what are yours?

Temme
September 21st, 2013, 07:14 PM
I like my Mebco Shower Detangler comb.

VixenWolfMare
September 21st, 2013, 07:19 PM
I like my Mebco Shower Detangler comb.

i think the long locks website recomends them! I had one almost just like it and used it for years but now i have a bone super detangler from hairsence and i like it a lot more.

pocketsmall
September 21st, 2013, 07:22 PM
Tangle Teaser
Wood wide tooth comb
Octopus clips (all sizes)
Satin scrunchies

So far, these are the only tools I've found that agree with my hair.

VJG
September 21st, 2013, 09:44 PM
I recently discovered hair 'weapons'. Those have been fun. :)

0xalis
September 22nd, 2013, 01:03 AM
SATIN SCRUNCHIES!!!!! Claw clips, a shower detangler [that i only use on dry hair, lol!]... and that's about it. My hair's too short for most things...

Zindell
September 22nd, 2013, 02:59 AM
Compact Tangle Teezer
Terry Ponytail Holders, kiddie size (for securing my braid)

jacqueline101
September 22nd, 2013, 06:53 AM
Scrunchis turbie towel and claw clips.

Hairitic
September 22nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
The Wet Brush Detangler
Matte Silver Ficarre (for holding my bed buns)
Silk Night Cap
Silk Pillow Cases
XL Flexi-8s
Mini Flexi-8s (for braid ends)
Stretchy Ribbon Ties for ponies and braid ends
Long Locks Hair Sticks

Is that enough? :p :confused:

HintOfMint
September 22nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Goody Spin Pins and Caruso rollers are my favorites.

Fairlight63
September 22nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
My favorites are: Ficcare, silk sleep cap, silk pillowcase, bone comb, tangle teezer, terry cloth small hair ties, satin scrunchies, hair pins, bobby pins

NuclearApple
September 22nd, 2013, 12:28 PM
I totally LOVE my three wooden combs (wide,medium and tight tooth) and my conditioner,I don't say the brands cause are italian.

maegalcarwen
September 22nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
What do you recommend instead of a bobby pin? I have APL/BSL length, very thinck, wavy hair. I like to clip one side a bit back, out of my face. Also, instead of elastics? Don't tell me scrunchies, I cannot stand those ( sorry if you love them, just personal things.)

HintOfMint
September 22nd, 2013, 03:23 PM
What do you recommend instead of a bobby pin? I have APL/BSL length, very thinck, wavy hair. I like to clip one side a bit back, out of my face. Also, instead of elastics? Don't tell me scrunchies, I cannot stand those ( sorry if you love them, just personal things.)

I haven't had any experience with bobby pins damaging my hair, so I wouldn't say you need to replace them. Just make sure the paint isn't worn off, or there aren't any jagged edges. As far as elastics go, I just go with the "hair safe" hairties, the ones without the metal. Unless you're regularly ripping them out of your hair, or constantly wearing them in the same place for weeks and weeks on end, you should be fine in terms of damage.

However, if you want to do buns, I highly recommend Goody Spin Pins. They are pretty much the most damage free option I've come across, not to mention they hold like a rock!

Also, you have M/C thick hair. While it's not impervious to damage, I don't think you need to worry about every little thing possibly hurting your hair. It should be relatively resilient.

I also don't really like scrunchies, I wouldn't wear them in public.

Tapioca
September 22nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Goody spin pins and VK Designs sticks. Oh, and my microfiber towel.

VixenWolfMare
September 22nd, 2013, 05:54 PM
Hair sticks!

neko_kawaii
September 22nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Spin pins! Sticks and forks.

rock007junkie
September 22nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
I have a few. My detangling denman brush, boar bristle brush, sue maestra hood to cover my head at night, sating scrunchie and hairstick

maegalcarwen
September 23rd, 2013, 07:43 AM
I haven't had any experience with bobby pins damaging my hair, so I wouldn't say you need to replace them. Just make sure the paint isn't worn off, or there aren't any jagged edges. As far as elastics go, I just go with the "hair safe" hairties, the ones without the metal. Unless you're regularly ripping them out of your hair, or constantly wearing them in the same place for weeks and weeks on end, you should be fine in terms of damage.

However, if you want to do buns, I highly recommend Goody Spin Pins. They are pretty much the most damage free option I've come across, not to mention they hold like a rock!

Also, you have M/C thick hair. While it's not impervious to damage, I don't think you need to worry about every little thing possibly hurting your hair. It should be relatively resilient.

I also don't really like scrunchies, I wouldn't wear them in public.

Today I bought some thin, but soft elastics, they feel really nice. And guess what, I was just looking at those spin pins, saw them today! I'll go back tomorrow and buy them! Thank you so much ( no more neverending bobbypinning my bun).

The reason why I asked, is because my hair sheds a lot, which is always been this way, but why not minimize it, maybe with switching to better "equipment".

shutterpillar
September 23rd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Spin Pins
Tangle Teezer
acrylic hair sticks
fold-over elastic hair ties
Satin sleep bonnet
Microfiber head wrap. (Like this, except mine is purple: http://www.amazon.com/Yinglite-Microfiber-Drying-Towel-Turban/dp/B008UM604A) Great for plopping :)

Neneka
September 23rd, 2013, 01:06 PM
Tangle Teezer
Spin pins
Forks and sticks
A big claw clip (it makes my head look normal :lol:)
Sock bun donuts

kganihanova
September 23rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Spin Pins
Claw clips
FOE (fold over elastic) to make ribbon elastics
ribbons
wide toothed comb
hair sticks

lapushka
September 23rd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Hairsense bone (wide tooth) combs
Hercules Sägemann (wide tooth) combs
Tangle Teezer
Microfiber and cotton terry turbies
My trusty claw clip (the one that is reserved for my daily updos)
Ficcares
Flexi8s