PDA

View Full Version : What combs do you prefer, wooden, horn or carbon fibre for fine hair

Agnes Hannah
September 21st, 2013, 02:38 PM
I have got a wooden comb, but its tines are quite thick so I wanted to get one that has thinner tines to use as a dressing comb for updos (to hide patches and make the hair look sleek). I have searched all over, but finding one has been difficult.
Today I sought advice from a salon, and the head stylist told me that he uses a carbon fibre comb instead.
I would like to know what LHC think about this, is a carbon fibre comb better than a wooden one, or even a horn comb? My hair if very fine.
Thanks
Agnes Hannah

mscm
September 21st, 2013, 03:52 PM
I have fine hair too and my personal opinion is I lile wooden brushes very well. But now I am using tangle teezer which has been my favourite for two years now, it is much kinder to my hair than any other brush i have tried.

AspenSong
September 21st, 2013, 04:02 PM
I ditto the Tangle Teezer. That thing has been heaven sent for me! I still get tangles, but that gets them out about a hundred times easier than anything else ever did. And it's great for getting my fine hair to lay nice and flat and smooth... :)

lapushka
September 21st, 2013, 04:07 PM
I have bone and resin wide tooth combs, beats out the wood (no good in or around water) every time. I also love my Tangle Teezer. It's a good brush, but you still need a wide tooth comb!

jacqueline101
September 21st, 2013, 04:16 PM
I use a plastic wide tooth comb. I like it the best.

AmyBeth
September 21st, 2013, 04:23 PM
I tried a tangle teezer and it tore too much hair out. I gave it to my daughter and she agreed. She let her friends try, and they all hated it too! She threw it away.
I bought one of those beautiful white combs from Madora and love it. It glides through my hair so smoothly.

lunalocks
September 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM
The only combs I use are high quality plastic from MADORA. The white one is my favorite, too. No seams. I love them. They are expensive, but worth it.

VixenWolfMare
September 21st, 2013, 05:09 PM
Bone combs are my fave. i just started combing in august and im not super good at it yet but it has started paying off. i still go tough with a bush after i comb tough.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/548313323353327164/

this one is my fave right now.

rags
September 21st, 2013, 06:00 PM
My hair is very baby fine, cat-hair fine, and I like a horn comb the best. Mine's from Heavenly Harvest. I find the wooden ones to not glide as well, and you have to be very careful around water with them.

I still also brush. I have an MP brush I use for smoothing hair into updos (to get that nice mean old lady look :p ), and I also have a Widu wooden brush that I like very well for everyday brushing.

Celtic Morla
September 21st, 2013, 06:30 PM
I use a metal dog comb

MultiCultiCurly
September 21st, 2013, 08:02 PM
I just switched to seamless wooden combs from the denman brush and plastic wide-tooth comb, and so far I love it. I tend to use a lot of conditioner and oil on my dry and porous hair, so the comb glides very well for me. A lot less hair shed too, my wash-day hair balls have gotten so super tiny :-).