PDA

View Full Version : sunglasses are gonna finish off my temple hairs

mamaherrera
September 19th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I wear normal Walmart plastic sunglasses. I've worn them all my life, never thinking about which frame or anything like that, but lately, just the last few months, my temple area hairs are getting caught in the hinges. Anyone else have this and any tips?? It just kills me as I'm trying to thicken that area with castor oil and then these pulls and even hairs coming out from my sunglasses. I would so appreciate any solutions!:thud:

neko_kawaii
September 19th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Are you wearing your hair loose? The only time I get my hair caught in the henges of my glasses is when I have my hair loose. My ear pieces catch my hair, but that is another matter. Or, if the hairs getting caught are shorter hairs that have just gotten long enough to get caught could you secure them back with with pins or clips.

It may just be a matter of mindfulness and learning to push your hair back from the henges periodically or right before removing your glasses.

mamaherrera
September 19th, 2013, 06:19 PM
yes I guess just more aware of it now that it's an issue. Actually it happens when my hair is back, but it's my bangs and temple hairs that get blown from the wind and they end up in that area,. so yeah push them back. But sometimes I go to push them back and they're already caught and then it's a big problem, because i don't know how to get them out of there!

neko_kawaii
September 19th, 2013, 06:29 PM
This is one advantage of hats and bandanas, keeping those wind blown hairs in their places!

sumidha
September 19th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Ugh, I got new glasses and now I have this problem, except it's my bangs getting caught in the hinges. I don't really have a solution besides wearing contacts and bobby pins, but it definitely makes me sad. It's probably going to shred my bangs over time. :(

jacqueline101
September 19th, 2013, 08:21 PM
My hairs at the temple use to curl from where I tucked behind my ears. The curly hairs would catch they were like baby hairs fine thin.

Katrine
September 20th, 2013, 01:09 AM
A small amount of invisible tape over the hinges can take care of it. (the shiny kind works well, I don't know if the matte finish does or not) I started to do this out of frustration at seeing my hairs still getting caught and ripped out by my prescription glasses whenever I forgot to secure my bangs and/or the sides of my hair. I know this sounds kinda silly but I was getting mechanical damage and thinning from it on the sides of my hair. The downside is its hard to close the glasses because of the tape but I don't mind, really, because I'm preserving my hair. Probably the geekiest hair tip ever! :)

Flor
September 20th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Consider a different pair of glasses :) I find some have more catchy hinges than others.

jasper
September 20th, 2013, 04:44 AM
I get snags and break hairs when I slide my sunglasses on to the top of my head when entering a building. My latest frames are even worse for this because of the placement and style of the hinge. After wearing those all summer, I am noticing a section of these broken hairs escaping my bun and sticking out behind my ears. I just need to break that habit.

Anje
September 20th, 2013, 07:42 AM
I actually picked up a pair of glasses that don't have hinges at all, last time I was buying glasses. It tends to be a thin-framed style, not chunky as is the trend (yay, peripheral vision!), but the point is that they do exist, especially for those of us who need glasses to see.

cathair
September 20th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I find this happens when the screws on my glasses need tightening. Makes the arms stiffer but much less hair gets caught.

Firefox7275
September 20th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Soft fabric headband to keep the flyaways back and out of the way of the sunglasses?

nobeltonya
September 20th, 2013, 12:44 PM
My regular prescription glasses have been doing this lately!! IDK why now, because I don't remember having this problem before.. but not really temple hairs as new front growth.. they're just at that length and if I don't tuck my hair behind my ears, 1 always gets caught.. and if I don't realize it and pull my glasses, it pulls! Ouch. I just have to keep checking that it's not caught and try to keep it all tucked behind my ears. :disco:

nobeltonya
September 20th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I find this happens when the screws on my glasses need tightening. Makes the arms stiffer but much less hair gets caught.

This could be why I never noticed it before! My glasses are nearly 7 years old (lasted through a lot.. love these. Changed the lenses several times though..) and I recently noticed the hinge on the left side is wearing out.. getting loose. That's the side that always gets caught.. and I'm unable to tighten the screw on that side.. :/ Need a new pair.. :disco: