PDA

View Full Version : ...can I put this on my scalp??

Nadine <3
September 19th, 2013, 04:40 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Potion-Skincare-100-After/dp/B001S4C8MK

I have some here in the house that I never use...I was wondering if this would be good to massage on my scalp the night before I wash. I'm trying to stretch washes to three days, but that night before shower day I get pretty itchy. Massages help a bit, but I was looking at this and I couldnt help but wonder if it's safe to use?

Firefox7275
September 19th, 2013, 04:48 PM
You could, but it would be better to work out why your scalp is itching - what does your family doctor say?

Nadine <3
September 19th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I haven't asked my Dr. about it. I just assumed it's just not used to being dirty. If I skipped a day of washing it would itch, and it itched when I went from every day to every other day to. I've been washing my hair with harsh shampoos for 10 years, now I'm washing every three days with Burts Bee's so it's just an adjustment period, I assumed.

Nadine <3
September 19th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Plus, I read somewhere that aloe vera can be good for hair growth :)

akilina
September 19th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I'd prefer not to, and for me personally I would not.

The one I use has 100% certified organic aloe, purified water, Irish moss, citric acid, and that's it. If you have a health food store locally is try there before using this. Generally, what I've learned around here is that you do not want to use any aloe product that are the green or blue ones.

Firefox7275
September 19th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I haven't asked my Dr. about it. I just assumed it's just not used to being dirty. If I skipped a day of washing it would itch, and it itched when I went from every day to every other day to. I've been washing my hair with harsh shampoos for 10 years, now I'm washing every three days with Burts Bee's so it's just an adjustment period, I assumed.

Itching (pruritis) is a symptom, suggestive of irritation/ mild inflammation/ inappropriate immune response, that shouldn't really be happening if your skin was simply healing and returning to full health.

jacqueline101
September 19th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I agree the blue and green ones avoid make sure it's not got alcohol in it.