PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Aniston's 'secret' to perfect hair (article full of face palming)

samanthaj08
September 19th, 2013, 09:30 AM
http://thestir.cafemom.com/beauty_style/161285/jennifer_anistons_secret_to_perfect

flemeister
September 19th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I'll bet ya an inch that an LHC member wrote the third comment. :D

millyaulait
September 19th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I remember reading an interview with Aniston about how she said that her hair was effectively destroyed by stylists and extensions.
I think that was back when she sported a new bob.

Terrible article though! "I must do a million bazillion things to make my hair look ok! Celebrities are just such magical creatures."
Kind of sad really.

faellen
September 19th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Am I the only one who expected this article to be much worse than it actually was?

Vrindi
September 19th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I'll bet ya an inch that an LHC member wrote the third comment. :D

Ok, you know you're a long hair when you bet in inches!

Buddaphlyy
September 19th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I have never for the life of me understood the appeal of Jennifer Aniston, or her hair.

The article was okay. I always find it ironic how people complain how frizzy their hair is without the blowdryer but never fault the blowdryer for causing the frizz.

leslissocool
September 19th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Am I the only one who expected this article to be much worse than it actually was?

I was expecting terrible advice. Finally a sound piece of it, air dry makes my hair look so much better for sure.

Millyaulait I remember reading that too, I think it was in the set of friend's actually, when she had really gorgeous long hair (extensions) and said her hair was fried.

YamaMaya
September 19th, 2013, 11:33 AM
But when I don't blow dry my hair? It turns into a frizzy, hideous mess -- to the point where the only way to make it look presentable is to flat iron it, which is way worse than the blow dryer and totally defeats the purpose of letting it air-dry.

I don't think I have to explain why this is so ridiculous.

faellen
September 19th, 2013, 12:01 PM
I always find it ironic how people complain how frizzy their hair is without the blowdryer but never fault the blowdryer for causing the frizz.

I don't think I have to explain why this is so ridiculous.

Actually, it's not as BS as it sounds. I used to get horrible frizz when air drying, unless I used cones.

Firefox7275
September 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
That well known hair type, 'straight frizzy'. Nope that is not a natural hair type, it's wavy hair that is treated completely wrong or straight hair that is completely fried.

sweetinlace
September 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I'm happy that Jennifer Aniston is giving some good advice. I wish the author of the article would try it out for a while instead of just think Jennifer Aniston has miracle hair. Sounds like someone needs to work with their hair type instead of against it.

HintOfMint
September 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Sounds like she does some variation of a twist-out which I've found is better than just air drying without touching it at all.

ositarosita
September 19th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Is not a slave to her blow dryer lol I can still remember when her hair was waist length during friends and you could see the 6-8" of horrible splits and damage due to the flat iron ... not only that but you can see the difference between her hair in the 90's and today when due to all the damage her hair has thinned dramatically.

clioariane
September 19th, 2013, 01:29 PM
That she doesn't use 'fancy schmancy' hair products is bs considering she co-owns haircare brand Living Proof.

Katrine
September 19th, 2013, 01:52 PM
I didn't think it was too bad. Sounds like maybe she's been hanging out here :)

Night_Kitten
September 19th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I will admit that when I saw this thread I expected an article with a barrage of "good" advice that will destroy any chance of having healthy hair - in the best tradition of "you must use tons of products and tools every day and go to a stylist regularly (cause we need to sell them and stylists need an income)" kind of articles... I was pleasantly surprised on that part :)

It was a bit disappointing towards the end though, when the writer declared that such hair is Jennifer Aniston's magical super power and "regular person's" hair just can't look good with the "less is more" approach...
Also, frankly, I don't believe Jennifer doesn't have a "live-in" stylist and doesn't go to the salon on a regular basis... Her hair looks too "done" in a lot of pics, and I find it hard to believe the hand of a stylist had nothing to do with that...

ETA
Just read the comments to the article - most of those look like they're written by LHC members or people who know a lot about good hair care... That put a smile on my face :eek:

stachelbeere
September 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I have never for the life of me understood the appeal of Jennifer Aniston, or her hair.

same here. I didn't watch Friends, maybe that's why? I didn't know Rachel hair was a thing but the funny thing is that I had that hairstyle - because it was the early 00s, that's what my hairdresser was doing with my hair then!

BeccaAngel
September 19th, 2013, 02:06 PM
That was amusing :p

jeanniet
September 19th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Actually, it's not as BS as it sounds. I used to get horrible frizz when air drying, unless I used cones.

I get a ton of frizz if I air dry, and it's not because my hair is damaged, but because it takes so long to dry and I can't just sit around waiting for it. Moving around, bending over, going outside, etc. creates friction and friction creates frizz. So I diffuse until it's about 75% dry and set, and then air dry the rest of the way. Frizz-free that way.

Leeloo
September 19th, 2013, 02:45 PM
It was less informative then I thought it would be. So she made one comment and they wrote a whole article about it? It would’ve been more interesting with some more suggestions from Jennifer.

embee
September 19th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Odd. Not what I expected. Many of the comments sounds like LHC people to me. :)

Unfortunately the picture was poor (in my opinion). She's pretty but her hair looked stringy and rough, not smooth or soft or attractive. I'm *sure* she can do better than that without heat styling or a sytlist's assistance! ;)

RavennaNight
September 19th, 2013, 06:28 PM
The only thing I found ridiculous was the vibe of the end of the article. Like Jennifer Aniston is some kind of super goddess with perfect hair that falls and shapes perfectly without a blow dryer, and the rest of us mere humans have to work so hard to achieve those results.

jacqueline101
September 19th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I'm not a fan of Jennifer Aniston but the article wasn't too bad.

sandigrl117
September 19th, 2013, 08:40 PM
...What is so envious about her hair? I love Jennifer, but I don't envy her hair. If anything, I envy her body and I HOPE AND PRAY I can have a body like hers when I'm 44. But I have 20 more years till I'm that age :bigtongue:

Stray_mind
September 20th, 2013, 06:30 AM
I don't envy her hair. They're not that great.

shutterpillar
September 20th, 2013, 06:46 AM
I read the article with an undertone of sarcasm. I don't think the author was trying to make us think perfect hair for us common folk is unattainable, I think she was just trying to be funny and sarcastic. Having read some of her other articles, that seems to be her personal writing style.

MonaMayfair
September 20th, 2013, 07:54 AM
The writer was only saying that SHE can't air dry her own hair successfully.
I'm not a fan of Jennifer A, mostly because I don't like her character in Friends, it's the only one (of the females) I have nothing in common with - but I think her hair is lovely.
Friends is on TV all the time, so I see it a lot and I always admire the color (I know it's fake, that's immaterial to me) I liked it best when she had the extensions, though I think most people didn't like it looking so long.
The rude comments at the end made me think of that other thread that's going on at the moment about thin hair. The people who posted obviously just see her hair as thin, because she hasn't got extensions. It looks an average thickness to me.

spidermom
September 20th, 2013, 08:55 AM
From comments here: Blow-drying causes frizz? Baloney. If I want nice smooth hair, I blow-dry it. If I don't care to take the time (which is at about 90% since I work at home), I air dry. Result: enough frizz for everybody here.

MaryO
September 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Haha, had a bit of a laugh because the writer of the article was so flabbergasted at this 'secret'! Shame, poor lady!!

sarahthegemini
September 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM
The only thing I found ridiculous was the vibe of the end of the article. Like Jennifer Aniston is some kind of super goddess with perfect hair that falls and shapes perfectly without a blow dryer, and the rest of us mere humans have to work so hard to achieve those results.

That's what I found quite infuriating too. It happens all the time, especially in beauty articles, gahhhh!!!

Firefox7275
September 20th, 2013, 11:44 AM
From comments here: Blow-drying causes frizz? Baloney. If I want nice smooth hair, I blow-dry it. If I don't care to take the time (which is at about 90% since I work at home), I air dry. Result: enough frizz for everybody here.

Depends on your hair type and routine/ products, I get massive poof from blow frying, the only chance I have is pulling really tight and drying to absolutely bone dry a la hairdresser which is not exactly hair friendly. The more often it's done the more damage so the more poof.

Can make my waves and curls fairly straight and controlled with air drying, have to tie it in a loose pony or beak clip and NO brushing. My hair is colour treated and thus porous which I am sure plays a role not just the wave/ curl pattern or length.

chen bao jun
September 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Never thought Jennifer Aniston had good hair. Just an expensive haircut that flattered her face at one point that got popular. it flattered some people and didn't flatter others.
But her hair is very 'meh' in my opinion and I would not want to take hair advice from her.
I have air dried my hair most of my life, so I can't give an opinion on blow drying. It tends to make my curler hair even dryer, so I don't do it. the beauticians have done it to me--but only in preparation to flat ironing, I have never just simply blow dried my hair. I'm a 3c curly.

Unofficial_Rose
September 20th, 2013, 12:05 PM

Me too. I did super-worthy air-drying for a few years. Mostly my hair just looked like cr*p. Back to blow-drying for me!