PDA

View Full Version : Wet curl how to maintain?

caromarpie
September 18th, 2013, 06:16 PM
For has long as I remember when I wash my hair I have some great curl but as soon they dry I loss them, why? I was wondering does someone know how could I keep those beautiful curls. I know my length has nothing to with it because when my hair where really short I was having the same problem. I hope someone could help me.

rock007junkie
September 18th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Using gel to preserve them and then diffusing right away usually helps preserve the curls

Firefox7275
September 18th, 2013, 08:11 PM
For has long as I remember when I wash my hair I have some great curl but as soon they dry I loss them, why? I was wondering does someone know how could I keep those beautiful curls. I know my length has nothing to with it because when my hair where really short I was having the same problem. I hope someone could help me.

Because the capillary action of the water is clumping the hairs together, your leave in conditioner and styler are failing to maintain that effect, the ingredients are either too light or you are not using nearly enough product (if you are getting frizz or lack of definition) or contain ingredients that weigh the hair down (if your hair is getting straighter).

BTW if you have curls when wet you are not a 1a. Are you brushing or combing or putting your hair into a towel turban? All these will pull curl out. Try the Curly Girl method.

caromarpie
September 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Because the capillary action of the water is clumping the hairs together, your leave in conditioner and styler are failing to maintain that effect, the ingredients are either too light or you are not using nearly enough product (if you are getting frizz or lack of definition) or contain ingredients that weigh the hair down (if your hair is getting straighter).

BTW if you have curls when wet you are not a 1a. Are you brushing or combing or putting your hair into a towel turban? All these will pull curl out. Try the Curly Girl method.

When I answer I was thinking that me hair where all straight because when they are dry they are straght. And I do not brush my hair after washing them but I use the towel as turban. But I will look for the curly girl method.
Thanks for the answer.