PDA

View Full Version : Protection for your sleep braid??

Magalo
September 17th, 2013, 09:03 PM
This idea just popped randomly in my head!! What if I protect my sleep braid with some kind of braid bag made out of satin fabric? Kinda like a long sock that you can fasten ( with a ribbon) at the top of the braid? Does something like this already exist? Maybe I should make one myself? What do you think? :p

jacqueline101
September 17th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I like that idea a braid bag. I don't know if it exist already.

GrowingGlory
September 17th, 2013, 09:41 PM
I do not know if that would actually cause more mechanical damage than wearing a sleeping cap over it or sleeping on a silk pillowcase. There are snoods and indigenous people sometimes used bear grease on their hair, then braided it and bound then wrapped it with thread, cloth or leather. You could try slipping a hair glove over it or lacing a pony tail cover over it. You could make your braid a corset!

Panth
September 18th, 2013, 01:19 AM
I have something similar that I made - a long, tapered tube of silk satin attached to a soft, stretchy headband.

I had considered one that tied on at the top of the plait but like GrowingGlory said, feared it would become a damage point. Also, much of my damage is at the temples and around the ears, so a tube that started at the top of my plait wouldn't help with that.

melusine963
September 23rd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Some people on here use one leg of a pair of tights (or pantyhose, depending on which side of the pond you're from). You wouldn't even really have to braid the hair if you used this method. I've never tried it myself.

Leeloo
September 23rd, 2013, 08:29 PM
This idea just popped randomly in my head!! What if I protect my sleep braid with some kind of braid bag made out of satin fabric? Kinda like a long sock that you can fasten ( with a ribbon) at the top of the braid? Does something like this already exist? Maybe I should make one myself? What do you think? :p

There are some sleep caps that are long at the bottom. That could be used to protect the braid or loose hair.

0xalis
September 24th, 2013, 12:53 AM
I've actually thought about that! I'd probably just get a satin sleep cap and stuff my braid in it :p

MeowScat
September 24th, 2013, 01:57 AM
The Wrapter might work for you. I got mine from amazon.com. You can also look up hair gloves on there as well.

Hairitic
September 25th, 2013, 07:56 AM
I usually just clip my braid up with a Ficcare or Flexi-8 then cover all of my hair with a sleep cap. Some of my sleep caps even work without clipping the braid up and my hair is BCL but not thick.