PDA

View Full Version : New Photo Albums!

Inching Along
September 17th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Hi, everyone,

I noticed yesterday that a couple of my friends here on the LHC had posted new photos, so I created a new album myself, and voila! It appears that we can create new albums and upload pictures. I miss being able to share pictures and view others' progress and beautiful hair. Let's create some albums now, people! :cheer:

BeccaAngel
September 17th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Agreed :p Photos are fun!

Inching Along
September 17th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I love your pics, Becca. Photos are definitely fun!

jacqueline101
September 17th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Yes I miss the albums on here too. They were fun.

Inching Along
September 17th, 2013, 09:35 PM
I hope you'll create a new album, Jacqueline! They really are fun, aren't they? :)

Allychan
September 18th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Where you been gal? I've been posting in mine for months. Although, dare I say it, I tried to log on earlier today and got the dreaded 'server is busy' message. :confused:

Ocelan
September 18th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Yep, I think they still say that the old albums should be coming back at some point since now they don't work (issues with formats etc.), but I removed most of the old albums and just created new ones in their space, uploaded the same photos and so on. I've been using my album for months too but I agree: People, post more new photos! :)

Gumball
September 18th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Yep, I think they still say that the old albums should be coming back at some point since now they don't work (issues with formats etc.), but I removed most of the old albums and just created new ones in their space, uploaded the same photos and so on. I've been using my album for months too but I agree: People, post more new photos! :)

:agree: The old albums are still in limbo. :justy:

Thank goodness for the new albums. Phew!

Mononoke
September 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Wait, so only the user themselves see their own old albums and pictures? I uploaded new pictures to my old albums and everything went OK, so I assumed they were working and everyone could see them.

Gumball
September 18th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Wait, so only the user themselves see their own old albums and pictures? I uploaded new pictures to my old albums and everything went OK, so I assumed they were working and everyone could see them.

Not quite. Newly uploaded items work fine. The issue occurs with the images that were uploaded prior to the forum upgrade some months ago. They're still unavailable. After that, album and image viewing is only subject to the privacy settings of the album. (And, of course, user permissions)

Inching Along
September 18th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I guess I'd been away longer than I thought, LOL! But anytime I visited someone's page, the albums were empty of pictures, so I assumed they were created before the upgrade. And now, I am seeing new pics in new albums, so I'm thrilled. :happydance: I'll have to go take a peek at your albums, Allychan! :)

Mononoke
September 18th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Not quite. Newly uploaded items work fine. The issue occurs with the images that were uploaded prior to the forum upgrade some months ago. They're still unavailable. After that, album and image viewing is only subject to the privacy settings of the album. (And, of course, user permissions)
I see :)
Well, time to upload anew!

Gumball
September 18th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I see :)
Well, time to upload anew!

Excellent! :happydance:

Mononoke
September 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM
By the way, I have a question: If I upload a picture to a public album here and then post it on a thread, can it be seen by anyone except for forum members (such as search engines)? As far as I know they can't access the albums themselves, but can they access the links to the pictures?

Inching Along
September 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Hmm, I have no idea! Maybe someone else here has more knowledge of how it works.

Silverbrumby
September 18th, 2013, 07:25 PM
I've started uploading again. Need to get back into the habit of the monthly photo in same clothes.

Gumball
September 18th, 2013, 07:26 PM
By the way, I have a question: If I upload a picture to a public album here and then post it on a thread, can it be seen by anyone except for forum members (such as search engines)? As far as I know they can't access the albums themselves, but can they access the links to the pictures?

Album pictures posted in threads are still subject to user permissions. :) If it's from a public album then only registered users with the necessary permissions can see it.

Inching Along
September 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Thanks for your knowledgeable answer, Gumball!

Glad you're uploading pics again, Silverbrumby! I should use the same clothes for my progress pics, too. If I think about it. Maybe. ;)

Mononoke
September 19th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Album pictures posted in threads are still subject to user permissions. :) If it's from a public album then only registered users with the necessary permissions can see it.
Thanks! :)

Night_Kitten
September 19th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I noticed pictures can be uploaded again when I tried uploading a progress pic in August, so I just made a new album and uploaded all the progress pics from a back-up I have on my computer :)

Haven't uploaded the hairstyle pics I had before LHC crashed though - been too lazy, lol
It would be nice if the old album "comes back to life" and saves me the trouble... ;)

Inching Along
September 19th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I noticed pictures can be uploaded again when I tried uploading a progress pic in August, so I just made a new album and uploaded all the progress pics from a back-up I have on my computer :)

Haven't uploaded the hairstyle pics I had before LHC crashed though - been too lazy, lol
It would be nice if the old album "comes back to life" and saves me the trouble... ;)

Night Kitten, I really enjoyed seeing your hair progress pictures. What great growth, and it looks healthy and shiny. :)

Aingeal
September 19th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Tell me about photo albums...where are they?

Babzilla
September 19th, 2013, 08:20 PM
This is good news! My sig has my current progress and I would love to add older pics of my super-short cuts!

Inching Along
September 19th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Tell me about photo albums...where are they?

Hi, Aingeal,

When you click on My Profile up in the top right-hand corner of your screen, you'll be taken to your profile page. In the left-hand box, when you scroll a bit, you'll see Albums. There you can create albums of your pictures. If you click my username here in this thread, and then choose View Profile, you will be taken to my profile page (or do that for anyone's page you'd like to see). You can see my listing of albums in the left-hand box on my profile page. If you click the More link on Albums, you'll see that I have four albums, but three of them don't contain pictures because they were created before the site was updated. The other one is my new album. You can click on it to see my pictures and comment on them, if you like.

Enjoy!

Inching Along
September 19th, 2013, 10:49 PM
This is good news! My sig has my current progress and I would love to add older pics of my super-short cuts!

Hi, Babzilla! I can't see your signature, but it would be fun to see your progress!

Babzilla
September 20th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Hi, Babzilla! I can't see your signature, but it would be fun to see your progress!

Maybe now?

Inching Along
September 20th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Yes, I can see it now. So pretty, Babzilla!! Love your color and curl. What Indian herbs do you use?

Aingeal
September 20th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Hi, Aingeal,

When you click on My Profile up in the top right-hand corner of your screen, you'll be taken to your profile page. In the left-hand box, when you scroll a bit, you'll see Albums. There you can create albums of your pictures. If you click my username here in this thread, and then choose View Profile, you will be taken to my profile page (or do that for anyone's page you'd like to see). You can see my listing of albums in the left-hand box on my profile page. If you click the More link on Albums, you'll see that I have four albums, but three of them don't contain pictures because they were created before the site was updated. The other one is my new album. You can click on it to see my pictures and comment on them, if you like.

Enjoy!
Thank you! Can't wait to take a look!

BrendaLoan
September 20th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Yay! Albums! I'm going to take a look :eye:

Inching Along
September 20th, 2013, 09:47 PM
By the way, I found these album instructions in the FAQ section just in case anyone needs them. I created a few albums a long time ago, so I don't know how it is for anyone starting from scratch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Albums and Pictures

How do I use albums?

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

Public albums can be viewed by anyone
Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)

How do I upload pictures?

Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.

You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.

When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.