PDA

View Full Version : Binaural beats and submininal messages for hair growth

happygal
September 15th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Okay, I was surfing the internet earlier today, and I came across Binaural beats that grow your hair! ( if you arent familiar with them, binaural beats are special brain waves that you can listen to that release certain chemicals in your brain, depending on the sound frequency). And there are a few videos and mp3s that have binaural beats for growing hair faster! here are some vids:
http://://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOld6Jn-T5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Zv8NnhVFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhKZ30KXs-c

What do you think about this?

hikarilu
September 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I've been testing binaural beats for health, anxiety and hair growth...
For me only anxiety seems to be working because laying in the dark concentrating on something other than your problems will almost everytime help you relax.
So i don't believe in those hair growth binaural beats working hehe :o

WilfredAllen
September 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM
binaural beats are cool, but i dont think that one could (directly) cause hair growth. I listened to a very low frequency one for a while once and felt my body fall asleep, healing muscles and all that stuff. It was crazy!

I didn't have my headphones or see the description - what was the frequency of these ones

prettyinpink
September 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I believe it. I know a guy who did some sort of binarual beats (a different kind though) to get a mushroom like trip and he said it was the most horrible experience. He felt like he was on fire. if they can do that, then I believe they can do something like make your hair grow. lol

thanks for the share!

goldenlady
September 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I don't know if this works.. But it's proven that if you truly believe something has an effect.. it begins to have an actual effect! So trying this.

PolarCathy
September 15th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I have tried those mushroom and whatnot binaural "trips". I've tried many. More than I want to confess. I like to push the limits of consciousness, that is, but without drugs. Thing is, binaurals don't work for me, and I do use stereo (huge, quality) headphones, so IDK why. They just irritate me. No headache, just mild anxiety.

I guess they may work for others, though.

Anje
September 15th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Interesting, though the base assumption seems to be that you can (unconsciously) control hair growth with your thoughts. Not sure I'm ready to accept that....

I have tried binaural beats for relaxation and sleep and focus, but most of the other effects for me seem to be limited to vague fuzzy feelings that aren't particularly worthwhile.

massivecnqstdr
September 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I'm trying it now! Why not?

Aingeal
September 15th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I'm guessing it has to do with the release of stress from the body.

curlymarcia
November 6th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Few years ago, I tried binaural beats for migraine with succes. I moved to another country, and drastically change my lifestyle and the horribles headaches were gone. And I completelly forgot about binaural beats. Recently I found that they allegedly work for hair growth.

It's working! I heard it for 30 minutes, with headphones, in a quite moment. I tried some youtube videos and choose one that I liked and can enjoy. I also visualize me with long hair (very important). I found it better to listening just before sleep.

Anyone else is having a positive experience?

lillielil
November 6th, 2015, 02:54 PM
I'm listening to one now. My head is itchy.

curlymarcia
November 6th, 2015, 02:57 PM
I believe is itchy because it's working

lillielil
November 6th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Or because I have crummy headphones and they vibrate a bit :)

lapushka
November 6th, 2015, 03:40 PM
You guys crack me up! :lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
November 6th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Okay, I was surfing the internet earlier today, and I came across Binaural beats that grow your hair! ( if you arent familiar with them, binaural beats are special brain waves that you can listen to that release certain chemicals in your brain, depending on the sound frequency). And there are a few videos and mp3s that have binaural beats for growing hair faster! here are some vids:
http://://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOld6Jn-T5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Zv8NnhVFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhKZ30KXs-c

What do you think about this?

Are you supposed to hear anything with these? I am using head phones and can't hear anything.

lillielil
November 6th, 2015, 04:07 PM
The 1st one was broken for me. The other two have a hum/beat.

parkmikii
November 6th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Does this really work? :o
Now I'm really curious what's the theory behind it

gthlvrmx
November 6th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Does this really work? :o
Now I'm really curious what's the theory behind it

There is this: Binaural Beats (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats)
There are also Isochronic Tones which you can listen to without headphones.

curlymarcia
November 6th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Parkmikii it seems to work. So far, I experienced two months growth in just a week. I had tried a lot of thinks, onion juice, aloe vera, coconut oil, vitamins/supplements, green juice, egg mask, etc. This is what is working best for me.

I do wonder if the beats relax you. And if only stressed/nervous people (like me) benefit from it. I do remember that my hair grew longer/healthier when I used to practice yoga. Maybe my lack of hair grow is stress related.

Note: English is not my first language, please excuse my errors. I don't post as much as I would like for the language issues, but I'm so excited with the results that I wanted to share with all of you!

Sweets
November 7th, 2015, 01:20 AM
So interesting, thanks for posting! I'm going to try this. I've used binaural beats for anxiety (I also take 5mg diazepam as needed - I do have panic attacks) and they seems to do well for me. Even with all the stress I had growing up with alcoholic parents, and the joining/leaving a cult, my hair has always grown at an astounding rate. Who knows, I might get 2" a month now! Worth a shot :eyebrows:

Sweets
November 7th, 2015, 01:21 AM

You're killing me over here...LOL!!!

parkmikii
November 7th, 2015, 02:37 AM
Parkmikii it seems to work. So far, I experienced two months growth in just a week. I had tried a lot of thinks, onion juice, aloe vera, coconut oil, vitamins/supplements, green juice, egg mask, etc. This is what is working best for me.

I do wonder if the beats relax you. And if only stressed/nervous people (like me) benefit from it. I do remember that my hair grew longer/healthier when I used to practice yoga. Maybe my lack of hair grow is stress related.

Note: English is not my first language, please excuse my errors. I don't post as much as I would like for the language issues, but I'm so excited with the results that I wanted to share with all of you!

No way, thank you for the telling us your experience, it can't hurt to try :o

parkmikii
November 7th, 2015, 02:38 AM
There is this: Binaural Beats (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats)
There are also Isochronic Tones which you can listen to without headphones.

Great read, thank you!

lapushka
November 7th, 2015, 05:42 AM
So far, I experienced two months growth in just a week. I had tried a lot of thinks, onion juice, aloe vera, coconut oil, vitamins/supplements, green juice, egg mask, etc. This is what is working best for me.

Sorry, but somehow I find that hard to believe... But as they say the proof is in the pudding. ;)

parkmikii
November 7th, 2015, 05:46 AM
Sorry, but somehow I find that hard to believe... But as they say the proof is in the pudding. ;)

I thought so a bit too just as the comments are mocking it saying they started to grow hair on their elbows :))

luvlonghair75
November 7th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Hmm, being such a skeptic I do think I will give these beatie beat beats a try! ;)

luvlonghair75
November 11th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Well, I've downloaded a couple "beats" and first off, it was annoying. After a while my scalp did start to tingle the same way it does when I play piano. Then I looked up music therapy for hair growth .... basically anything that can stimulate your brain waves can also increase hair growth. Just relax and enjoy the beats to any music! :)

lillielil
November 11th, 2015, 10:31 AM
TBH, I enjoy listening to binaural beats because they are great white noise. I have trouble focusing at work if I can hear other things going on. Sometimes I listen to music but that can also be very distracting. This is less obnoxious that fan or A/C noises. I'm happy to do an experiment if anyone is interested! I guess I would need a baseline growth rate first, though...

Razzles
November 11th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I would love to see you experiment if you are listening to stuff at work anyway. As a pixie cut I'll try anything but this month I'm testing taking a multivitamin so I can't add anything new right now :)

missrandie
November 11th, 2015, 11:20 AM
I've tried it the last couple mornings in a row. Methinks I need to find a different one, because the tone feels off to me.

Maybe I will download some to my ipod and see how that goes :) nothing wrong with a little audiotherapy :)

Sweets
November 19th, 2015, 03:17 AM
I've been doing this every day since I posted on the 7th...and that was also when I measure the 18". I turn it on as I'm relaxing in bed, and it actually helps me fall asleep. The youtube on that I like lasts 50 minutes, and I'm asleep in about 20. So, most of the audio happens while I'm asleep. Sometime I'll turn it on again in the morning as I'm waking up (and then I promptly fall back asleep). Just wanted everyone to know that I'm giving it a try! Too early to measure yet, methinks. I promise to report back monthly!

hanne jensen
November 19th, 2015, 03:31 AM
Do you have to use headphones? Do you have to listen to this right before sleep?

Since my hair isn't growing very much I'm willing to try this.

lillielil
November 19th, 2015, 06:57 AM
You do have to use headphones, to isolate the distinct tone in each ear. You do not have to do it before bed - I listen to binaural beats at work to block out other noises.

curlymarcia
November 19th, 2015, 02:55 PM

I have to say that my hair grow very slow, I usually have less than a centimeter per month. I had a centimeter of growth in a week. I know it is not much for some people, but for me it's great!

Update: my hair is still growing faster than usual and I still listening to the binaural beats once a day (or maybe 5 times a week). I don't know how much longer it is, because I'm a curly girl and I haven't iron it, and it's hard to check the length while curly (curlies understand it). I haven't notice more hair in other parts of my body (yet).

If you try it please share your experience.

jazzhands
November 19th, 2015, 08:55 PM
I'm giving this a try, mostly due to my sleeping problems :) I've found it helps me relax.

Sweets
November 20th, 2015, 12:23 AM
I'm giving this a try, mostly due to my sleeping problems :) I've found it helps me relax.

Same for me. I practice meditation and clearning my mind daily, usually before sleep, and it helps tremendously. I've never been a very good sleeper and meditation helps so much - so does listening to the beats (or nature sounds or white noise, etc.) and I fall asleep much more easily. Like anything worth attempting - it takes practice and dedication, which is a conundrum when meditating and clearing, because you musn't try too hard! With binaural beats, you have to use headphones, and it took me a few pairs of headphones to find comfortable ones while sleeping, since I tend to sleep on my left side. Trial and error, but dedication is the start!

Sweets
November 20th, 2015, 12:24 AM
I have to say that my hair grow very slow, I usually have less than a centimeter per month. I had a centimeter of growth in a week. I know it is not much for some people, but for me it's great!

Update: my hair is still growing faster than usual and I still listening to the binaural beats once a day (or maybe 5 times a week). I don't know how much longer it is, because I'm a curly girl and I haven't iron it, and it's hard to check the length while curly (curlies understand it). I haven't notice more hair in other parts of my body (yet).

If you try it please share your experience.

I was also wondering if I would grow my leg/armpit/other hair more quickly...well, it's winter here, and my fuzzy BF doesn't mind, so que sera, sera! LOL

Teufelchen
November 20th, 2015, 05:04 AM
I use it while studying, it helps me focus. But I haven't measured my hair yet, so I don't know if it is growing faster or anything.

Arctic
November 20th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Thanks to binaural beats and isochonic tones being brought to my attention here at LHC (I had never heared of either before - all the things one learns here!) I too have been testing them.

I don't approach this scientifically at all; I don't measure my growth because I don't get consistent numbers when I do it my self. Also photos can lie, as I demonstrated in my latest length photo (in my blog), where I posted 2 photos taken moments apart. In both I tried to have similar, good posture, yet the hemline appeared to be several centimeters longer on the other. I could have sworn my posture was the same in both, ha ha. So yeah.

I also do other stuff so these are not done in isolation.

I am at the same time curious and sceptical, but since I am into new age stuff anyway, and belive in our body's (healing) powers, and I like to listening to music that helps me concentrate, I thought I'd give these a try. They make my scalp tingle, but so do other frequencies and not just the ones aimed for hair growth (plus also some other sounds have the same effect).

I've been listening these about hour, hour and a half per day, every day, for ??? I don't know, a week-ish? 5 to 7 days?? I did write the starting date down somewhere so I will need to check it. I have been also listening to anti-anxiety, relaxing (evenings), and energizing (mornings), antiprocrastination tapes from You Tube, in addition to the hair growing ones. My goodness they have sound files for everything, don't they!!! Anyway, I try to favour isochronic tones because I read they can be used without headphones. I don't like headphones, and ownly have a bit uncomfortable pair of earbuds. But sometimes I use binaural beats with those earbuds only because they are more numerous than isochronic beats at the You Tube.

So far I can't report any real results on the hair front. It might feel a bit longer, and I have new growth coming in, but the new growth was there before I started. And, well, hair grows all by itself too. Most certainly, if there is any extra growth, it is not something huge, but measurable in millimeters, I'd say.

I find these relatively pleasant to listen to (depending on the video, some of them are badly done and make me feel stressed and grinding my teeth - I only listen to the ones that are relaxing), they seem to help me concentrate, and seem harmless enough. And since I use You Tube ones, they don't cost anything.

I tend to do a few minutes of self affirmations about my hair growth when new video starts to play, but the rest of the time I just surf the net (LHC!) or do school work or something. I've tried some videos, the longer ones at the bedtime, and they did seem to help me fall a sleep.

Knowing me, I get enthusiastic about new things, but the enthusiasm often wanes in few week to few months. So keeping this in mind, I don't see myself using these videos on the long term.

I find it interesting that there is no real data, not even real user experiences available online. No research, no before and afters, no nothing. Just some videos, some websites selling the sound files, and YouTube comments sections, which are hilarious to read ("I grew 4 inches in a day!"; "The tapes work! My palms are now very hairy!"; "I woke up today looking like a gorilla!"; "My pubic hair grew after listening one tape!").

Sarahm
November 20th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Binaural beats always make me fall asleep immediately. And I usually even have sleeping difficulties lol :p

hanne jensen
November 21st, 2015, 03:02 AM
I hope that I can knit while listening to these beats.

I'm going to change over to the laptop and use headphones. I'm willing to give this a try for a month and see what happens.

Arctic
November 21st, 2015, 03:14 AM
Hanne, sure you can! Unless you are one of those who gets super sleepy lol, then you would fall asleep over your soft knit :D

I do other stuff all the time with these, mostly working on the computer or surfing, but I've also been doing things a bit farther away.

Some of the How-to "articles" seem to recommend listening while being in meditative state, or while laying on the bed, perhaps falling a sleep while listening. Maybe that would be the most effective, but I don't know how doable in the long term. I do a small self-affirmations with each sound file, and that's the farthest I have a patience to go, lol.

Knitting will lead you to a very concentrated state of mind, so it will be a bit like meditating, yes? So if you'd add some affirmations (positive wording about how you want your hair to be, said in a present tense) it could super charge the mental effect for you.

hanne jensen
November 21st, 2015, 04:57 AM
Thanks so much for your quick and comprehensive reply, Arctic.

hanne jensen
November 22nd, 2015, 12:24 AM
I have another question. Does one listen to these beats every day? Can one listen to beats for different things on the same day or does the brain get overstimulated? There are beats for just about everything.

Sweets
November 22nd, 2015, 02:12 AM
I have another question. Does one listen to these beats every day? Can one listen to beats for different things on the same day or does the brain get overstimulated? There are beats for just about everything.

I would start slowly and keep track of how you feel through self-awareness. If you feel edgy, spacy, or anything else abnormal, listen to them less. Don't try too much at once or it very may well be overwhelming, even though I feel like binaural beats are relatively safe. Work up to a comfortable level.

hanne jensen
December 1st, 2015, 08:22 AM
After reading the questions and answers at You tube, the video that I use should be listened to every day. I've started this a few days ago and my hair is already different. It tangles a lot less and is a little stronger. It's not only my hair that is changing. I feel a lot less stressed and calmer. I'll measure my hair in 3 weeks and post my growth.

lillielil
December 1st, 2015, 08:24 AM
Normally I'm fine listening to these as background noise, but yesterday I couldn't focus and could barely stay awake, so I had to stop listening. I'll give it a try this afternoon, but maybe I need to back off a bit or switch to a different set of beats.

Arctic
December 1st, 2015, 08:43 AM
I've been continuing my listening too, but have branched out to many different beats/tones not just for hair. Too many beats/tones, too little time. I have been collecting a you tube play list of the ones I have liked. I try to listen to at least 1 hair related isochronic tone video per day.

I have started to wonder, whether the isochronic tones will be irritating to my dog, but at least she doesn't seem to care about them. I also read that the hair growth frequency is actually said to be affecting pituitary gland and through it growth hormone, among other hormones, and while I am still not sure I believe in these tones/beats to actually do anything on our physical body, it was also one reasons why I have backed off a bit with one type of frequency. If it's possible to over-activate the pituitary gland, it might well lead to unbalanced hormones and might even mess with thyroid hormones, which are affected by pituitary gland. I am not trying to scare anyone, these are just my own, very uneducated and very sceptical thoughts, so take them with a grain of salt.

I have noticed my enthusiasm is waving a bit, which was expected. I have started to crave for real music rather than the monotonic beats. I am the type of person who gets excited about new things, and then it wears off after a while naturally. I also haven't been able to really tell whether any of the videos have had any effect on me. I don't seem to be very sensitive to the isochronic tones or binaural beats, and only thing I get is scalp tingling, but I often get that from things like normal music or other normal sounds too, and I also get it from other than hair growth related videos.

Anyway, I am continuing the experiment, but since I am not measuring and my length photos can easily lie several centimeters, there isn't a way to really know if these work or not.

PS. Some of the tapes with subliminal message creep me out; the authors often don't tell what messages they have submerged in there, and even if they do have a written list, who knows if that's truthful or not.

Stars
December 1st, 2015, 02:57 PM
I've tried binaural beats for relaxation and deep sleep, and they worked for me...almost too well! This is interesting. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try in the evening before bed with some headphones. I typically oil and massage before bed anyway, so trying this can't hurt!

Stars
December 1st, 2015, 03:09 PM

So is mine! I just started listening less than 5 minutes ago, and my scalp and hairline are itchy and tingly. I get itching when I'm experiencing hair growth spurts.

Stars
December 1st, 2015, 03:15 PM
You do have to use headphones, to isolate the distinct tone in each ear. You do not have to do it before bed - I listen to binaural beats at work to block out other noises.

Thank you for this explanation. I felt like the headphones would be best...I am going to do this before bed, lying in bed, since that is the time I take as the quiet and reflective part of my day. In fact, I do not have a television in my bedroom because I don't want the temptation for interruption, lol. I'm listening to the second video in the original posting...and I don't have headphones right now. I am feeling some itching and tingling of my scalp. But I will definitely use headphones from now on. My hair has been growing slowly, or so it seems, and I need it to speed up and I need one of the layers at the nape to grow in thicker.

lillielil
December 1st, 2015, 03:27 PM
Thank you for this explanation. I felt like the headphones would be best...I am going to do this before bed, lying in bed, since that is the time I take as the quiet and reflective part of my day. In fact, I do not have a television in my bedroom because I don't want the temptation for interruption, lol. I'm listening to the second video in the original posting...and I don't have headphones right now. I am feeling some itching and tingling of my scalp. But I will definitely use headphones from now on. My hair has been growing slowly, or so it seems, and I need it to speed up and I need one of the layers at the nape to grow in thicker.

If you're not using headphones, you might want to look at isochronic tones instead. Personally, I'm going to be wearing headphones anyway, so I might as well give the binaural beats a try.

hanne jensen
December 11th, 2015, 03:43 AM
I've been continuing my listening too, but have branched out to many different beats/tones not just for hair. Too many beats/tones, too little time. I have been collecting a you tube play list of the ones I have liked. I try to listen to at least 1 hair related isochronic tone video per day.

I have started to wonder, whether the isochronic tones will be irritating to my dog, but at least she doesn't seem to care about them. I also read that the hair growth frequency is actually said to be affecting pituitary gland and through it growth hormone, among other hormones, and while I am still not sure I believe in these tones/beats to actually do anything on our physical body, it was also one reasons why I have backed off a bit with one type of frequency. If it's possible to over-activate the pituitary gland, it might well lead to unbalanced hormones and might even mess with thyroid hormones, which are affected by pituitary gland. I am not trying to scare anyone, these are just my own, very uneducated and very sceptical thoughts, so take them with a grain of salt.

I have noticed my enthusiasm is waving a bit, which was expected. I have started to crave for real music rather than the monotonic beats. I am the type of person who gets excited about new things, and then it wears off after a while naturally. I also haven't been able to really tell whether any of the videos have had any effect on me. I don't seem to be very sensitive to the isochronic tones or binaural beats, and only thing I get is scalp tingling, but I often get that from things like normal music or other normal sounds too, and I also get it from other than hair growth related videos.

Anyway, I am continuing the experiment, but since I am not measuring and my length photos can easily lie several centimeters, there isn't a way to really know if these work or not.

PS. Some of the tapes with subliminal message creep me out; the authors often don't tell what messages they have submerged in there, and even if they do have a written list, who knows if that's truthful or not.

Arctic, the beats work, at least the ones I listen to. The one I use is posted by Trancendal Meditations. It's a little over 30 minutes long. It's called Hair Growth II.

Hubby measured my hair today and it's 74.7 cm. Since 28 November my hair has grown 1.4 cm. Woot, woot! Hubby thought I was crazy listening to "Hair boom-boom" as he calls it but now he's convinced.

I don't listen to the beats every day as life sometimes gets in the way. I try to listen 3 times a week and this seems to be enough for me. I also listen to beats for other things when I remember to. However, I do have other things to do than sit and listen to beats with headphones on.

The binaural beats are working for me and I'm very grateful to the OP for starting this thread. I'd never heard of this before.

Arctic
December 11th, 2015, 04:56 AM
That's so cool Hanne! I wish I could say the same :D I hope the growth will continue for you!

hanne jensen
December 12th, 2015, 01:08 AM
Well, at least I get about 1/2 hour of knitting done while listening. Somehow or other it's working for me. The beats I listen to do have an affirmation in there, but it's written out in the first minute or so of the video.

It is not possible to hypnotize someone to do things that they would never do on their own. All the stage shows of hypnotizing someone to bark like a dog or cluck like a chicken or other crazy things are just that-show. It's not possible to hypnotize someone to quit smoking or drinking or overeating unless they are willing.

Sweets
December 12th, 2015, 02:53 AM
I've noticed that I've been sleeping better and remembering my dreams when I listen to the beats while falling asleep. I've listened to them every night (except 2 - BF was having a severe medical episode and I wanted to be able to hear him next to me just in case). I've gotten at least an inch in the last month+few days...but that's not much more than normal for me. I have noticed new baby hairs growing, though, but that could just be a coincidence. Too early to tell, I think, but I still feel positive about them!

Mavi
December 17th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Sort of related to binaural beats, but has anyone ever listened to ASMR?
ASMR videos can be very diverse, from simple manipulation of objects to create sound, light, movement, whispering and soft speaking, up to personal attention role-plays and some intense very artistic stuff.
The purpose of ASMR is to elicit a tingling response up the back of your neck and into your head. It can be very relaxing.
I figured it probably has some positive impact on your hair, as it reduces stress but I also assume that the tingling has some effect on increased blood flow in your scalp.

This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb27NHO_ubg) is a short video that explains ASMR

If anyone is interested in experimenting with ASMR I have a few YouTube suggestions.

Massage ASMR is great for people first starting out, he has a lot of videos where he doesn't speak and just plays with objects to create different sounds (great for people who feel uncomfortable with the idea of watching someone role-play).

GentleWhispering has a beautiful Russian accent, she does role-plays but she also has several videos where she cooks, or just talks about items that she has, like her ring collection, or she talks about folding towels as she folds towels. Simple but relaxing stuff.

OliviaKissper I believe is mostly role-play but she also has a lovely accent.

EphemeralRift is more hardcore stuff, he uses costumes and beautiful masks and creates numerous characters (zombies, rhinos, sea monsters, plague doctors). His videos are so creative. I have actually laughed and experienced tingling at the same time while watching some of his work.

People who try it out might understand what I mean when I say that I think it could have an effect on your hair.

lillielil
December 17th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Sort of related to binaural beats, but has anyone ever listened to ASMR?
ASMR videos can be very diverse, from simple manipulation of objects to create sound, light, movement, whispering and soft speaking, up to personal attention role-plays and some intense very artistic stuff.
The purpose of ASMR is to elicit a tingling response up the back of your neck and into your head. It can be very relaxing.
I figured it probably has some positive impact on your hair, as it reduces stress but I also assume that the tingling has some effect on increased blood flow in your scalp.

This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb27NHO_ubg) is a short video that explains ASMR

If anyone is interested in experimenting with ASMR I have a few YouTube suggestions.

Massage ASMR is great for people first starting out, he has a lot of videos where he doesn't speak and just plays with objects to create different sounds (great for people who feel uncomfortable with the idea of watching someone role-play).

GentleWhispering has a beautiful Russian accent, she does role-plays but she also has several videos where she cooks, or just talks about items that she has, like her ring collection, or she talks about folding towels as she folds towels. Simple but relaxing stuff.

OliviaKissper I believe is mostly role-play but she also has a lovely accent.

EphemeralRift is more hardcore stuff, he uses costumes and beautiful masks and creates numerous characters (zombies, rhinos, sea monsters, plague doctors). His videos are so creative. I have actually laughed and experienced tingling at the same time while watching some of his work.

People who try it out might understand what I mean when I say that I think it could have an effect on your hair.

I haven't found that I have any ASMR triggers. I'm pretty sure my son has favorite YouTube videos because they give him an ASMR response - mostly soft voices, crinkling, and rattling noises.

Angelica
December 17th, 2015, 12:02 PM
I do like listening to this music, and have my favourites, however I found my body hair was growing! Not happy about that! lol!

Mavi
December 17th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I haven't found that I have any ASMR triggers. I'm pretty sure my son has favorite YouTube videos because they give him an ASMR response - mostly soft voices, crinkling, and rattling noises.

That's a shame, I don't know why some people can experience it and others can't. I've always found that I am super sensitive to it, to the point where I can give myself tingles just by thinking about it. When I listen to a video it's like my scalp is exploding in fireworks. If you're interested in trying to find a trigger that works for you, I would try people with different accents. I have found that accents have a huge impact on the intensity of any tingling. For example Russian accents produce a strong response for me, whereas British accent produce almost no response.

hanne jensen
December 21st, 2015, 02:50 AM
The official results are in. In exactly 1 month I've grown 2 cm. I must admit that I haven't been consistant listening to the Binaury beats. Last week I only listened once. Life just seems to get in the way.

I'm happy for the growth and will try to listen to the beats more often and see if that can boost my hair growth more.

Sweets
January 5th, 2016, 10:55 PM
I've been listening nightly for about two months...maybe a coincidence, but I have 2+ inch brunette baby hairs ALL OVER my head (I'm light brown, mostly). Definitely going to keep this up. I don't think it's related to whatever shed-cycle I have, because it's been COLD in Reno (for Reno).

That being said, I am also using a new CoWash that includes botanicals and castor oil. :ponder:

Arctic
January 6th, 2016, 06:58 AM
I've stopped listening. It wasn't a conscious decision, just sort of happened. I didn't notice any effects for my hair, and I found myself obsessing about the beats/tones (I had found several for different purposes I felt I needed to listen to daily and it became stressful because they were so many). I also noticed they do not make good background noise for studying, they seemed to make my already poor concentration abiity even worse, alhtough I never experienced the sort of relaxation/meditative states f mind that some people seem to experience. I don't have bad things to say about them but also not good things, so they were pretty neutral for me.

calmyogi
January 6th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Interesting, I have never heard of this kind of music before, of it I have it was by another name. I wouldn't be surprised if it did work, but after reading about some people going into paychodelic trips.... Idk if I want to lol. Maybe it's different beats for that for of thing? I do feel like massaging my scalp helps a lot though.

lapis_lazuli
January 6th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Just wanted to add my :twocents:
I've been listening to binaural beats with headphones as I go to sleep. I can't say whether they've increased my growth rate or not but they do wonders for my anxiety. As some others mentioned, it can be very calming and helps one to sleep. I'll continue this little experiment over the next month to see if I do get extra growth. It can't hurt to try! :D

Stars
January 6th, 2016, 02:22 PM
If you're not using headphones, you might want to look at isochronic tones instead. Personally, I'm going to be wearing headphones anyway, so I might as well give the binaural beats a try.

OK thanks for the tip! I will use the isochronic tones until I get a decent pair of over-ear headphones (I have ear buds, but I can't use them comfortably). I've used binaural beats for sleep and relaxation, and I played them through my TV, and I found I fell into a very deep sleep, one that was almost difficult to wake from.

Teufelchen
January 8th, 2016, 04:01 AM
I use it while studying, it helps me focus. But I haven't measured my hair yet, so I don't know if it is growing faster or anything.

I measured my hair growth and it is the same as usual, I found that one video makes me more focused, while others are plain disturbing for me. So I use only the first one. I also don't really listen every day, only every other day or so, just when I do something for university at home. So maybe it is not as consistent as needed, but I don't want to stress about it.

JEMTheNerd
June 19th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Hi! I have just joined, and earlier today I stumbled across a youtube video using "subliminal" to make your hair grow faster, it uses sounds and frequencies. Is this true to help hair grow fast? It makes sense that certain frequencies and such can trigger things, but all they seem to do for me is make me sleepy :shrug: ...although one did give me a headache... Anyone have any experience with this strange concept?

parkmikii
June 19th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Doubt it. Just patience and proper diet can, in my experience. Also having no health problems, and a healthy scalp would be ideal :D

lapushka
June 19th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Yes, anything that says "fast hair growth" - please don't fall for it. We're all for taking care of the hair to the best of our abilities, a good healthy diet, keeping the scalp clear of issues like for instance SD (seborrheic dermatitis) and eczema and the sorts.

JEMTheNerd
June 19th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Yes, anything that says "fast hair growth" - please don't fall for it. We're all for taking care of the hair to the best of our abilities, a good healthy diet, keeping the scalp clear of issues like for instance SD (seborrheic dermatitis) and eczema and the sorts.

oh I see! I was just curious! :)

lapushka
June 19th, 2017, 05:04 PM
oh I see! I was just curious! :)

At least you will no longer get a headache! :D

MoonRabbit
June 19th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Those videos give me the creeps. I saw one that said it would change your eye color if you watched it everyday. Maybe it is my Spooky Mulder side coming out, but I think it's a form of brainwashing.

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 19th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Is it like the law of attraction? I dont know, i have a lot of skepticism in things like that. lol

papillon
June 19th, 2017, 10:31 PM
I don't know about subliminal videos, but I'm all for positive thoughts or visualization (in addition to taking care of one's hair and physical wellbeing).

gthlvrmx
June 19th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Was it isochronic tones or binaural beats mixed with subliminal messages and affirmations?

Positive affirmations do work, at least in my experience as well as isochronic tones and the beats for meditation. I have seen there are some videos of positive affirmations repeated to you like a subliminal message so that it works through to your mind somehow but...why not do the work yourself if you're using positive affirmations and telling yourself things to believe?

As for using them for hair growth...I really don't know since I don't have experience with that. If they do work at all for that, maybe you can be the first?

mistythebandit
June 24th, 2017, 04:23 PM
That sounds pretty silly. I don't think sound waves can make your hair grow more, but still sounds like it'd be good to use for meditation.

mxtt10589
September 4th, 2017, 05:21 PM
I found this test on it recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyZNyZMtCkI&t=586s

Here's the song that she used, which her dad made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ls0jKx9fX0

*Wednesday*
September 5th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Wasn't it Wringly Bros. ( Barnum & Bailey Circus) coined the term, there's a customer born every minute? Later evolved to, there's a sucker born every minute. There are some people that just believe these things.

CreatureBailey
November 30th, 2017, 03:46 AM
So, I saw a video on youtube about testing this... It's some kind of music with a certain frequency and apparently there is hidden informations in the music and if you listen to it on loop for long enough you get a significant increase in hair growth in just a day!!

A lot of people have tested it and said it worked. I'm gonna try it now. Do you guys want to try it too? I'll put the link of the one I'm currently listening to here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a75PLh5p2k

Here is my self affirmations:

- My hair will grow faster.
- My hair will grow thicker.
- My hair will be less prone to split ends and breakage.

amiraaah
November 30th, 2017, 04:06 AM
hello,i tried this subliminal once and it didn't work for me but it helped me to sleep though.i listened to another hair subliminal and i felt my blood is flowing inside my body and after listening twice i got simple redness on my face and neck and my skin was so itchy.i don't know why this happened me.good luck,i hope this works for you:)

Sarahlabyrinth
November 30th, 2017, 04:33 AM
It didn't work for me. Patience did.

Groovy Granny
November 30th, 2017, 02:28 PM
I couldn't even listen to it for a minute....the water running cued my menopausal bladder :run: :rollin:

Good luck to you though...5" growth overnight seems a stretch :hmm:

TLC and patience helped me to grow at a normal/decent rate :cheer:

WeirdCatEars
November 30th, 2017, 04:13 PM
I don’t want to be a party pooper but I don’t see how a music frequency would be responsible for hair growth. As far as I know there aren’t any links between hair growth and frequencies, and there’s not much brain involvement in the process, which is what I’d expect to be sensitive to music because brains are weird and make weird connections.

Keep in mind that at its core, hair growth is cells in the folicles producing mostly keratin, it’s a better bet to have patience and make sure you are keeping that production line well supplied with the nutrients it needs and keep that keratin well kept by avoiding damage to it.

Still, you don’t actually lose anything by listening to it ;)

Jo Ann
November 30th, 2017, 09:12 PM
I usually sleep with my headphones on, listening to documentaries from Youtube. I'll admit it--I usually include a couple of hair growth subliminals, too :p I haven't notice more hair growth--my hair growth has remained steady--but I haven't experienced any stalls, either.

Good luck!

OhSuzi
December 1st, 2017, 05:45 AM
seems far to good to be true sadly - but it would be amazing if you could go to sleep and wake up with 5 inch longer tresses!
Do people just make these videos for the hits?? It'll take about 3 years, but I'm going to make one now where I smother my hair in cheese, because cheese is yellow and has calcium and protein in - but it must be cheese made in the caves of Cheddar Gorge in England, then I'll edit it together with my hair growth in 3 years time & be like OMG I just woke up and my hair is to my Butt! and see how many hits I can get & if people start posting the vid on here - asking if cheese really works.

Jo Ann
December 1st, 2017, 01:02 PM
Oh, one more thing, CreatureBailey--make your statements as present facts:

My hair grows faster.
My hair grows thicker.

Things like that work better!

Groovy Granny
December 1st, 2017, 02:00 PM
seems far to good to be true sadly - but it would be amazing if you could go to sleep and wake up with 5 inch longer tresses!
Do people just make these videos for the hits?? It'll take about 3 years, but I'm going to make one now where I smother my hair in cheese, because cheese is yellow and has calcium and protein in - but it must be cheese made in the caves of Cheddar Gorge in England, then I'll edit it together with my hair growth in 3 years time & be like OMG I just woke up and my hair is to my Butt! and see how many hits I can get & if people start posting the vid on here - asking if cheese really works.

ROFLOL :rollin: :popcorn:

CreatureBailey
December 2nd, 2017, 04:32 PM
I've been listening to the subliminal while sleeping. Can't tell what it did to my hair but, the dreams I've had are so vivid. I just had a dream about like a horror movie/thriller and it seemed so real, I could actually write a story of that.

Doom
December 2nd, 2017, 05:28 PM
If subliminal messages really work, why aren't schools giving subliminal lectures?

Katem
December 2nd, 2017, 08:45 PM
I have actually been doing this for about a month, but only to help me sleep. The subliminals I use have forest sounds and spa-like music and it really helps me get to sleep (I often toss and turn for 5-6 hours each night but with this its only 1-2 hours). I figured any hair growth would just be a bonus. I haven't noticed any extra growth but whats the harm in trying? I definitely think some of the people claiming they grew 5 inches in a night from this are full of it or measured wrong. If this really was some miracle hair growth method, it would be all over the internet

Jo Ann
December 2nd, 2017, 08:54 PM
If subliminal messages really work, why aren't schools giving subliminal lectures?
Subliminal lectures are what you get when you fall asleep in class :p

CreatureBailey
December 3rd, 2017, 05:50 AM
I have actually been doing this for about a month, but only to help me sleep. The subliminals I use have forest sounds and spa-like music and it really helps me get to sleep (I often toss and turn for 5-6 hours each night but with this its only 1-2 hours). I figured any hair growth would just be a bonus. I haven't noticed any extra growth but whats the harm in trying? I definitely think some of the people claiming they grew 5 inches in a night from this are full of it or measured wrong. If this really was some miracle hair growth method, it would be all over the internet

Yeah but do you listen to a specific hair growth one? :-P There are subliminals for a lot of stuff. My friend wanted to try one to change his eye color.

Katem
December 3rd, 2017, 01:14 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear on that, the subliminals I listen to were created for hair growth. I listen to one by Beautyklove on youtube and others that I found on Amazon Music. So they have the relaxing noises to help me shut off my mind & and the hair growth messages hidden inside.

CreatureBailey
December 3rd, 2017, 06:27 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear on that, the subliminals I listen to were created for hair growth. I listen to one by Beautyklove on youtube and others that I found on Amazon Music. So they have the relaxing noises to help me shut off my mind & and the hair growth messages hidden inside.

^^ I've learned about subliminals by beautyklove!

lunasea
December 3rd, 2017, 08:22 PM
Just out of curiosity I looked at the other subliminal videos on that channel. One of them is "Look like a Chinese girl". I gotta say, I'm pretty sure I could listen to that 7/24 for the rest of my life and it ain't gonna happen for me.

CreatureBailey
December 4th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Just out of curiosity I looked at the other subliminal videos on that channel. One of them is "Look like a Chinese girl". I gotta say, I'm pretty sure I could listen to that 7/24 for the rest of my life and it ain't gonna happen for me.

Whuuuut

That's weird. I've seen people test the video I'm listening to and for them it worked tho, the hair growth one.

Katem
December 5th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Yeah don't get your hopes up on this. 1/2 inch is believable, but probably just measuring incorrectly. 5 inches is just absurd in my opinion but who knows, maybe there is someone out there that can achieve that kind of growth. I just wish it was me lol

Ulessa
December 5th, 2017, 08:13 PM
I personally, have no idea if this works, or if it doesnt. But when using subliminals to try and achieve a goal you have to clear your mind of any doubt and actually believe that it's going to work. It isn't like a potion or something where it does it for you, your brain gets these messages and has to actually do it yourself, so it cant work if thoughts of disbelief are blocking those signals. I'd try and steer clear of any people trying to disprove it. But anyway, your hair is still going to grow so might as well listen to these just in case it does work.

I looked at a few more such as eye changing ones, and I found this comment trying to disprove it. If you believe subliminals work dont read this because you probably wont after this.
https://i.imgur.com/dvkMIQ7.png
Even if it isnt directly subliminals that make your hair grow faster, it might even be just the belief that it will, that makes it grow faster. (Or thicker/whatever you're going for)

CreatureBailey
December 6th, 2017, 03:45 AM
I personally, have no idea if this works, or if it doesnt. But when using subliminals to try and achieve a goal you have to clear your mind of any doubt and actually believe that it's going to work. It isn't like a potion or something where it does it for you, your brain gets these messages and has to actually do it yourself, so it cant work if thoughts of disbelief are blocking those signals. I'd try and steer clear of any people trying to disprove it. But anyway, your hair is still going to grow so might as well listen to these just in case it does work.

I looked at a few more such as eye changing ones, and I found this comment trying to disprove it. If you believe subliminals work dont read this because you probably wont after this.
https://i.imgur.com/dvkMIQ7.png
Even if it isnt directly subliminals that make your hair grow faster, it might even be just the belief that it will, that makes it grow faster. (Or thicker/whatever you're going for)

Exactly. My best friend was interested in the eye changing ones. I'm glad he believes in those things (I told him about the hair growth one and he already knew about it). Makes me feel free to believe myself.

Ariel love
February 19th, 2018, 06:23 AM
Hey everyone,
(note: I am new here and am not sure if this topic has been discussed before so if it has you can remove it. 😊)

I am not sure if you have heard about the hair growth subliminals. You can find it on the YouTube very easily. I have never tried it before but it says it works with the subconscious brain by sending signals. You just have to listen to it continuously. Many people have claimed to get results from it but I just wanted to ask anyone who read my thread if you have tried it or not and if you have how did it go? Did you get results.
I would be really glad to hear any reviews on that method.
Thank you!

Sarahlabyrinth
February 19th, 2018, 01:20 PM
I doubt that this would work.....

JennGalt
February 19th, 2018, 05:04 PM
It might work. I doubt the subliminals themselves do much, but the placebo effect can be pretty powerful. Do an experiment, maybe?

Welcome & happy growing :waving:

Ariel love
February 19th, 2018, 05:42 PM
It might work. I doubt the subliminals themselves do much, but the placebo effect can be pretty powerful. Do an experiment, maybe?

Welcome & happy growing :waving:
Thank you 😊

Ariel love
February 19th, 2018, 05:44 PM
I doubt that this would work.....
It's totally normal to doubt this 😂😂... I was so surprised when I first heard of this.

tuanyiji
February 12th, 2023, 12:24 PM
I made a playlist in case anyone else is interested but finds some of the above links broken.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRnJz1hMj70-vFQlxlauRAwBrKGkxaztS

I’m a firm believer of subliminals and here’s my reasoning:
Yes, the law of attraction, I use these and they work, as in subconscious and in practicality, because I actively pay more attention to hair care and have 100% confidence that I will have healthy long thick hair. Surrounding myself with positive energy is surely a boost. The exaggeration numbers on those titles are just a way to give you a "kick" in the mindset, of course I know individual-hair growth has limits, but if they help me relax and sleep better, it’s easier for me to reach my hair gene’s maximum growing potentials.