PDA

View Full Version : Do you think long dark hair looks creepy?

glitterbug
September 13th, 2013, 08:07 AM
I admire long hair, but since its just wavy and not as smooth, I get told my family that it does not look so good. I guess many creepy/scary women are portrayed with long dark hair. When I have my hair down, my little brother says I look like a witch! 'Oh look the witch has appeared!' LOL I found it funny, but now I think really do I?

What do you think?

Chromis
September 13th, 2013, 08:18 AM
You little brother is just being a jerk. Or silly. Possibly both. If it isn't one thing it's another, people will always find something to tease about.

Maybe if you run around in all black, in the dark, with a flashlight pointed up your chin on a routine basis though... :lol:

RedNymph
September 13th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Not really. Morticia Addams is pretty much the goddess of creepy and i love the heck out of her.

I always get the witch joke too. But with red hair. Apparently being a redhead alone could be enough to burn you at the stake back in the day.

Barnet Girl
September 13th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Unfortunately as a new member I don't have enough posts to see your picture, but I think long black (is it black?) hair looks mysterious and I yes, quite gothic, but I think that's beautiful. I think wavy hair looks less gothic and "witchy", as I'm imagining the straight black hair of cult figures such as Morticia Adams and Snow Whites evil step mother, who were pretty hot anyway!

koko
September 13th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Long black hair is beautiful!
Long and healthy hair of ANY color is beautiful, and especially black - gothic - I just remember all those ladys with looong hair, even longer skirts and tight corsets. Now imagine that. Who can say its NOT stunning?!

RavennaNight
September 13th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I have long dark hair. Draw your own conclusions on whether I'm creepy.

:twisted:

:p

neko_kawaii
September 13th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Comments like that would prompt me to paint my face green and cackle.

Nah, long dark hair (like any other color) is gorgeous. Go look at luxepiggy's pics!

torrilin
September 13th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I usually describe myself as a natural born goth. Ash brown hair, pale skin, look good in black and red. I don't view it as me looking scary or creepy unless I'm taking what I naturally got up to 15 or so and indulging in my love for snakes and reptiles and skeletons and white greasepaint to a level that is possibly disturbing. (not a huge fan of spiders, and while live bats are adorable most bat themed stuff isn't much like a real bat)

The more common comment is I look like a porcelain doll because I've got a round face and I look really "sweet" or "innocent". Ugh. Ick. Ew. Really not a look I try to enhance.

Audrey Hepburn also had dark hair, pale skin and a fairly naturally gothy appearance, and no one would ever say she looked like a witch. Ballerina, sure. Elegant, sure.

Honestly, it's a pretty common natural coloring. There are tons of style role models to choose from. I wouldn't take your little brother's comments seriously unless you get the same kind of reaction overwhelmingly from other people, to the point where it's causing problems in your interpersonal interactions.

deja
September 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I think a lot of people will portray it to be that way but people will find a way to point out what they find to be negative regardless of what you will ever try to do. I, personally, love all types of hair colors and textures. Embrace your beautiful black hair! :)

Firefox7275
September 13th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Creepy wouldn't be a word I'd use, long black hair can look absolutely beautiful. I think it depends on the person, maybe it's a skintone thing (not light or dark, maybe warm or cool working with the brown-black or blue-black). The times I've thought it looks less that great on someone the hair itself has been obviously dyed AND fried or terrible roots. Or they have a part or bangs that really don't suit them/ is somehow harsh with their facial features.

Chances are your family are just winding you up because they sense it bugs you.

Stray_mind
September 13th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I admire long dark hair, i've allways wanted to have dark brown or black hair, but it just doesn't fit to my complexion. I look like i'm sick or something.

lapushka
September 13th, 2013, 10:09 AM
What do you think?

Oh sure. With long dark hair you look creepy, and with long blonde hair you look like an angel. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

goldenlady
September 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I'm so jealous of your long dark hair! I'm fair and have massive massive massive brunette envy... It just really wouldn't look right on me! For me long dark hair has the gasp factor!

sourgrl
September 13th, 2013, 10:22 AM
There are so many long, dark haired beauties here on the forum. Healthy hair is beautiful in any color. I agree... it sounds like they're picking on you because they know it gets under your skin. Enjoy and rock your dark locks!

luxepiggy
September 13th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I hope not, unless I've been walking around looking creepy for the past couple decades and nobody's told me (^(oo)^)`

jacqueline101
September 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I don't think it's creepy.

juliaxena
September 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Obviuosly not, I am a LHC-er.

leslissocool
September 13th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I'm creepy with short or long hair.

But there are plenty of not creepy longhairs that have black hair, luxepiggy is a great example!

I would scare the crap out of your little bother dressing like the girl on the ring :lol:. Sounds like he needs it.

clioariane
September 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I'd see that as a compliment :D

jeanniet
September 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Tell your brother not to visit India, haha, or any number of countries where the hair is usually dark and long (traditionally, anyway).

velorutionista
September 13th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I mean, any hair length/color can look creepy if you want it to (like for a costume or something), but I don't think there's anything intrinsically creepy about long dark (or any other type of) hair!

goldcopperbrown
September 13th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I admire long hair, but since its just wavy and not as smooth, I get told my family that it does not look so good. I guess many creepy/scary women are portrayed with long dark hair. When I have my hair down, my little brother says I look like a witch! 'Oh look the witch has appeared!' LOL I found it funny, but now I think really do I?

What do you think?

I used to have dark brown waist-long hair and I always got crap for it in school...one girl told me I looked like a witch, lol. But actually, now that I'm an adult I see it as a really sexy, elegant look. If you're also wearing crosses and chokers and a bunch of Goth stuff, then yea, it's going to look Goth. But if you're wearing cute colorful outfits, and subtle makeup, I think it's actually really gorgeous. That's what I'm trying to get to.

Leeloo
September 13th, 2013, 11:45 AM

What do you think?

What do I think, well I think that's offensive! Half the population has dark hair, so does that make all the ones with longer length witches and warlocks? Your family might not like long dark hair on you but they can’t generalize that all people with long dark hair look creepy, that’s just rude.

humble_knight
September 13th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Creepy people look, um, creepy. It's in their face, in my opinion, not the colour of their hair.

HintOfMint
September 13th, 2013, 11:58 AM
What do I think, well I think that's offensive! Half the population has dark hair, so does that make all the ones with longer length witches and warlocks? Your family might not like long dark hair on you but they can’t generalize that all people with long dark hair look creepy, that’s just rude.

I'm of Indian descent and that was my first reaction too. But then I figured this was a pale skin concern (or she just thinks she has pale skin--it seems like a very common refrain of white women to lament their "pasty" skin if they don't have a beach tan. I've personally never seen anything amiss with their so-called "glow in the dark legs!"). In any case, it's not the best worded post, I think the more precise question the OP has is whether long dark hair on a white, non-olive skinned person creepy.

Vampyria
September 13th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I've been called a witch by some kids with no manners, when I was dyeing my hair black. Well, it was also really messy looking and probably too dark to look good on me. Otherwise, I think long dark hair is beautiful and I love long, dark wavy hair. But I also like creepy stuff so... :p

This picture is my inspiration:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ca012894a5a7c0f1a61f321d2e13f7a0/tumblr_mr3gu7Y9DY1rlitzfo1_1280.jpg

Babzilla
September 13th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Brothers can be dorks. Just be you! If people don't "get you" then that's okay. Keep your sense of humor.

patienceneeded
September 13th, 2013, 12:39 PM
He's your brother. It's his job to try to annoy you or make you feel insecure. Ignore him and live secure in the knowledge that, like brothers everywhere, he is a goober.

Long hair is simply...long. hair. End of debate.

Anje
September 13th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Only if you also weigh less than a duck.

Selchie
September 13th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Long dark hair is pretty lovely. I have brown hair, it's dark but... I would be much happier if it were black, hahaha.
Just forget about witches and remember Lúthien Tinúviel. :D

patienceneeded
September 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM

Fantastic. Simply awesome!

neko_kawaii
September 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM

*snort* *cough* *mops up*

YamaMaya
September 13th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I happen to think long dark hair looks gorgeous, and I'm not just saying that as a fellow dark hair :p. If someone calls me "witch" or "Sadako" I just take it as a compliment.

Lady Mary
September 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I love it, long dark beautiful hair. I wouldn't mind that myself one day.

rose313
September 13th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I think long hair of any color looks awesome. Gray, white, red, silver, black, even pink.

MaryMarx
September 13th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I definitely don't think it looks creepy! To me long dark hair looks elegant and classy. :)

Nique1202
September 13th, 2013, 03:43 PM
If it's well-maintained, all long hair looks beautiful.

However, Hallowe'en IS coming up soon, so you could always take advantage and be a really cute witch to throw it back in his face. :wigtongue

Sharysa
September 13th, 2013, 05:15 PM
It might be because I'm Asian and most of us have black/brown hair, but I do get witchy/old-lady comments from my mom.

Morticia Addams and her awesome hair has already been mentioned, but for "witch" hair on a literal witch, thinking about Elphaba of WICKED always makes me happy.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/CrossoverQueen/Fiyero_zps1dec5a9d.jpg

And as for non-witch hair, there's always Wonder Woman. She has long black hair and pretty much everyone thinks she's sexy.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/CrossoverQueen/WonderWomanclassic_zpsb687a473.jpg

MeowScat
September 13th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Ahhh yes, sibling comments...gotta love 'em. :slap:

Like many have said, long hair that is well taken care of is gorgeous no matter the color. Dark hair is stunning!

The next time he makes a comment, cackle loudly in his face over and over and over again while curling your fingers into claws. He'll either laugh or want to get away from you. OR, you could loudly make fun of something about him that he's insecure about. (Can you tell that I'm sick of 37 years of mean sibling comments?)

Win-win.

Crumpet
September 13th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I adore long dark hair. It is terribly glamorous. Its for you to decide how you feel about it though!

CaranDulin
September 13th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Long dark hair is pretty lovely. I have brown hair, it's dark but... I would be much happier if it were black, hahaha.
Just forget about witches and remember Lúthien Tinúviel. :D

Exactly! She and Arwen are beautiful, not creepy at all. :D
I'm a blonde, but I really love black hair!

me_random
September 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Nope, at least as long as you're not wearing a white dress with it hanging over your face (like Sadako from Ringu),
as others have said, I think that long dark hair (or long hair in general) looks *amazing*, so if you have it, enjoy it with pride and not care what others think :D

akilina
September 13th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Eh I love that "creepy" look.
A few weeks ago I did a color correction so I could go dye free. It went very well and I'm ready to grow but I'm going I same because I don't look weird or creepy enough. I'm not going to dye it though until I can see if this is even what I really want to do. I'd hate to give up on it but I love the obscure look so much I feel like "not me" without it.

I'd just embrace it. Screw what others say. :)

Indigo Girl
September 13th, 2013, 08:38 PM
He's your brother. It's his job to try to annoy you or make you feel insecure. Ignore him and live secure in the knowledge that, like brothers everywhere, he is a goober.

Considering the source of the comment, I'm going to have to agree with this. He's your brother! Of course he's going to tease you in any way he can. :slap:

Long dark hair is gorgeous. :-)

luster
September 13th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Perhaps it can look "creepy" but is there anything bad about that? Creepy to me equates to mysterious and intimidating. If someone told me my hair made me look creepy I'd take it as a compliment. I don't want to look "typical", and having long hair already sets you apart from the crowd. Your hair sounds stunning.

thistledown
September 14th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Um.......no? I think it looks very striking actually :)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 14th, 2013, 01:28 AM
No creepier than blonde,brunette, red or any other colour. Your brother is just trying to wind you up and is succeeding. Ignore him. That is just what brothers do. I know - I have one myself...lol

FuzzyBlackWaves
September 14th, 2013, 01:55 AM
A bit gothic and creepy aren't always the same thing either. Just look at the Rockabilly style.

Nanna
September 14th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Not creepy, no. I have a friend who has a little over waist-length straight black hair, and she looks like a dancer, or an 18th century doll with perfect skin and everything. Though I have seen her look very goth sometimes when we go clubbing, so the very same hair can be very different-looking under different circumstances. :)

Natalia
September 14th, 2013, 03:54 AM
I find it sexy :D! Though I prefer myself with dark hair so maybe that's why. I felt better and more confidant with it so I think I project that onto other dark haired people

Nae
September 14th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Brothers. What are you going to do? Call him and idiot and move on, I swear when brothers get around their sisters they all turn into 10 year old boys, no matter how old they are.

My dad STILL pesters his sister and he is in his sixties. It is even worse when he and his brother get together, they still call my aunt "stompytoes" to this day and it makes her SO mad. The rest of the family just rolls their eyes at them.

Sinthia
September 14th, 2013, 11:13 AM
My honest opinion is that to me long black hair looks a bit more "gothic" "Dark" "edgy" and depending on the person it can have a cool "creepy" vibe to it. I do not think any of the above is bad. I have natural blonde hair , and I have been dying it black for years. I LOVE long black hair :)

AspenSong
September 14th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Well I think the fact here is, don't listen to brothers when it comes to hair. lol.
My brother HATES my long hair. He just doesn't get it, however he's stopped making comments because I talked to him about it and he realizes it's mine and my choice. However he did go round and round with me over how he genuinely thought I'd look really cute with one of those short haircuts like a pixie or a bit longer. *shakingheadnoemphatically* I appreciate his input and thinking of what he really thinks would look nice in his head - but he's dead wrong, just for starters - I'd look pretty much horrible with hair like that. I'm a bigger person and I'd look like a wood tick. Big body. Itty bitty head with no hair. lol.

I personally love long dark hair! I always loved it on others and if I had the skin tone to pull off black hair, there's a good chance I'd be doing indigo or something to have it.

merrow
October 25th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I don't think long dark hair looks creepy at all! Of course, I could be a little biased.:p

It looks very romantic and beautiful. :)

chen bao jun
October 25th, 2013, 03:05 PM
My brother is fifty years old and he makes fun of my hair. This could go on a long time. don't let it get to you.
(mine tells me that I have to straighten it, it looks unkempt. His daughters' both have fried, short hair from listening to dad...)

chen bao jun
October 25th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Also, I used to worry I looked so bad, my brother made so much fun of me.
then he married a woman who was basically my twin. It was really noticeable, everyone remarked, at that time, how very much she looked like me.
This is not uncommon.
My brother looks nothing like me, by the way.
(and I don't think he wanted to marry me, THAT would be creepy. But I think a lot of the teasing was because he wouldn't mind looking like me, though he looks great. His daughters look as if they are my daughters by the way. they look much more like me than like him--and he think s they look great.
Families are just a mess, if you worry about it, you could go crazy).

browneyedsusan
October 25th, 2013, 03:21 PM
heck no!

It's super-exotic and glamorous!

ositarosita
October 25th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I LOVE LONG DARK HAIR .. my hair was waist length and PLATINUM and I wanted it a deep mahogany so bad. I believe there's just this sensual allure to long dark hair, it's absolutely stunning .. and anyone who says your hair makes you look creepy they need to take a step back because they've been staring at you .. and to me someone who stares constantly and makes you a focal point in their conversation.. that's creepy

summergreen
October 25th, 2013, 03:25 PM
heck no!

It's super-exotic and glamorous!

agree :) long dark hair looks amazing!

SleepyTangles
October 25th, 2013, 03:26 PM
No, I think it depends a lot on the face of the person. Sweet and friendly faces are hardly creepy.

Still I think also there is something positively old fashioned about the look of long, all-the-same-lenght, dark/virgin hair: it feels like the person had just took them down from under a bonnet, or a veil, or a victorian updo. It reminds me of middle ages, victorian halls, forgotten novels, witchery and stakes: I must admit, I find it very romantic :o.

Rio040113
October 25th, 2013, 03:40 PM
... and anyone who says your hair makes you look creepy they need to take a step back because they've been staring at you .. and to me someone who stares constantly and makes you a focal point in their conversation.. that's creepy

Very well put, I love this!! :)

---

I'd be a bit hypocritical if I disliked long dark hair :lol: but I adore it, hence why I grew my virgin hair out :D no regrets!

Cindershadow
October 25th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Personally, I love long dark hair, and think it is quite pretty. (Just think of Arwen from Lord of the Rings!)

Audhumla
October 25th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Long dark wavy hair is stunning. Those people are being silly (especially criticising you for not having straight hair . . the percentage of people who actually have straight hair is really not that high. The person who told you that probably does something to straighten their hair.)
Don't get put off something you actually want for the sake of offhanded comments other people make.

getoffmyskittle
October 26th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Not only is it a stupid comment, it's also kinda racist. So only white people can have long hair? Ohhh kaaaayyyyy.

truepeacenik
October 26th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Skitts, what's than in answer to? Just trying to follow on an uncaffeinated morning.

oh goodness, my ad in Skiits' post is for a California Halloween theme park.

Babyfine
October 26th, 2013, 02:26 PM
IMO-long dark hair is gorgeous!!

It's what I'm hoping for!

getoffmyskittle
October 26th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Skitts, what's than in answer to? Just trying to follow on an uncaffeinated morning.

oh goodness, my ad in Skiits' post is for a California Halloween theme park.

Just the sentiment/portrayal of long dark hair always being creepy. That's why I like Hocus Pocus -- a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead were raised from the dead... ;)

Tini'sNewHair
October 26th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Give it to meee, i want to have long black "creepy" hair!!! :D

Every colour is Beautiful, black hair is just as stunning :)

prettyinpink
October 26th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Not at all! Look at Amy lee and Crystal Gayle. I love long dark hair. Its only creepy if you have a green face and a boil on your nose :P

Becky9679
October 27th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Like mine you mean? :D :D :D

My hair has been black since I was about 17 years old, apart from a couple of years in my mid 20s, and I've never gotten any comments at all about it being 'creepy'. It's one of the few aspects of my appearance that hasn't drawn people to make negative remarks about me at one time or another. Just about the only connection with creepy that I've noticed is that the vampire lady and witch wigs that turn up in stores at this time of year bear a striking resemblance to my hair. Except that mine looks better :p

To be honest though, even if someone did say my hair was creepy I'd probably take it as a compliment!

nakima
October 27th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I'm a blonde and I have always admired those of you with long black hair, to me it makes you look mysterious and beautiful so dont ever let any negative comments get to you. When I was young...er ;) people use to say I looked like a witch, I took it as a compliment lol I come from a mixed back ground so my family tree is very colorful so you can imagine all the different hair types. I have a cousin who looks just like me only i'm blonde and blue and she is black and brown. I always wanter long thick black hair.

Alun
October 27th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Just turn him into a frog! :wink:

DweamGoiL
October 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I find this posting also extremely offensive! I am of Latin descent and most of us have long dark hair. I would not consider us as a people to be creepy. I would also not classify Asians or people from the South Pacific as creepy either. Sounds like a very ignorant blanket statement based on racism and silly superstition.

dreamingstar
October 27th, 2013, 08:09 PM
I think hair of any color, type, or length, as long is it is taken care of, can be absolutely beautiful! It is sad that certain stereotypes are attributed to people's hair, but that's the society we live in. I say just turn the other cheek and let your hair slap theirs! :D

AmyBeth
October 27th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Um, in short, unquestionably no. It has never occurred to me that long dark hair is creepy. I even envied Morticia Addams:p, and she's supposed to be creepy!

hairaddiction
October 27th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I think it looks stunning! But black and really dark hair have always been pretty to me. I'm a little biased I think.:)

allycat
October 27th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I had to laugh when I saw this thread title. You do realize you're posting it in a long hair forum right? ;)

aisha.christine
October 27th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Absolutely not!
When I was a kid I had long dark auburn hair, and a girl told me (in a snooty voice) that I had warlock hair.
I'm not even male. :rolleyes:
She just made herself look stupid, and most people who propagate the idea are acting stupidly.

seamonster
October 27th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I have been mistaken for a witch when I wore a long black dress with unique jewelry, and short hair. I like long loose bohemian clothing and jewelry so I am not going to let some outsiders opinion affect me. One day I will have long dark hair, with pretty jewelry, odd scarfs and a long flowing dress just like a regular gypsy, and I will be so comfortable.

I bet your family is not comfortable with you being attractive, so they are acting out. Long black hair is alluring, sexy and understated. As a newbie, I can't see your picture, but I see you as beautiful.

yahirwaO.o
June 14th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Just turn him into a frog! :wink:

LOL This...

Yeah and as a guy I get the creppy comments but now I enjoy them!

When my hair was longer, some people believe I was in a cult or something. Some other told me that super long hair just belong to old crepy rural mexican women (what a silly thing right).

On the other hand, some people says my hair looks like a silky misterious thing being both very straight and dark. A guy I was studing with about precolombinian attires told that aztec royalty would have loved my hair and seen as precious.

.... so yeah I think it can be both creepy and dreamy, why not get the best of both? LOL

Shepherdess
June 14th, 2015, 09:30 PM
I see this thread is a few years old, but thought I'd throw in my 2 cents too. I think that long dark hair is one of the most beautiful types and absolutely stunning. I have always wished that my hair was dark brown or black in color. I think that some people in general like to pick on those who have longer hair, since I have also had those same exact comments, but I have a ashy darker blonde hair color, which isn't too dark, but people have still teased me about it looking like witch hair (likely due to the fact that I also always wear dresses). But we don't have to worry what others think, most of us people here on the LHC admire all long hair types anyway, and for me, some members here have been such a great inspiration to me with their lovely lengths and colors, and have my absolute dream hair, like Hairwish and a few others. :D

cat11
June 14th, 2015, 09:36 PM
after reading OP...no thats stupid it's beautiful

curlylocks85
June 14th, 2015, 11:14 PM

What do you think?

I have dark hair and I don't find it creepy. It sounds to me that your family is reacting this way in fear of what they do not understand. I wouldn't put much stock into their comments. The real question is, "What do YOU think about your hair?"

AmethystLily
June 15th, 2015, 09:02 AM
No. At least not in and of itself. That has more to do with facial expression and maybe clothing. And even then, lots of people pull off the "Morticia Addams" look wonderfully. I think it's striking.

Larki
June 15th, 2015, 09:09 AM
It depends more on the overall demeanor than any particular hair color, I think.

Calaelen
June 15th, 2015, 09:19 AM
This idea. I have had several people tell me they find long dark hair creepy. Had people tell me "no! You'll look like the girl from the ring/a witch!" When i told them of my intention to grow to knee length.

I think these people who said those things to me really did worry it would look scary. Now it is almost knee and the same people who were worried now love my hair and praise it.

Now anyone who tells me it looks witchy i respond with "Thanks! That is exactly what i was going for!" I am pagan and have been highly influenced by movie/art portrayal of witches in my all over style.:)

Agnes Hannah
June 15th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Get yourself a broomstick and chase him with it!
I'm long and dark too, hey ho, we could start our own coven!

missrandie
June 15th, 2015, 05:35 PM
I have always found long, dark hair to look decidedly mysterious and very beautiful. There seem to be a lot 9f Hispanic gals around here with tailbone length wavy hair and it makes me green with envy and admiration!

Truth be told, any beautiful hair draws out my admiration. Long or short, curly or straight.

aspartame gram
June 15th, 2015, 05:39 PM
I'm so jealous of your long dark hair! I'm fair and have massive massive massive brunette envy... It just really wouldn't look right on me! For me long dark hair has the gasp factor!

Definitely agree! I'd dye it darker if it weren't for the upkeep and that I'm too fair for it to look good. Do what makes YOU happy!

aspartame gram
June 15th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Get yourself a broomstick and chase him with it!
I'm long and dark too, hey ho, we could start our own coven!

I want in on the coven. :(

irishlady
June 15th, 2015, 06:00 PM
I don't, I think it looks awesome!! :-D

bonbon58
June 15th, 2015, 07:41 PM
i didn't know i was creepy because of my hair :hmm: o well :cool:

WhyAmIHere
June 15th, 2015, 07:54 PM
In your case, I interpret it 2 ways.

1. It's a stereotype and he assumes that you are a witch due ro your appearance.

2. You can use this as a "prank/gag" by actually dressing up as a witch just to see peoples reactions.

Overall, it is not creepy. :D

pandabarrier
March 1st, 2017, 07:49 PM
Reviving an old thread. When I was trying to grow long hair in my early twenties, my sister saw me coming out of the shower with soaking wet uncombed dark hair all over my face. She got scared because at that moment I looked like Samara, the girl of the cursed videotape from the movie The Ring (2002). Especially in the scene when she comes of the well with wet hair all over her face and crawls out of the television. I felt really bad for my sister and cut my hair short after that (also because I didn't know yet how to care for long hair).

Dark40
March 6th, 2017, 04:17 PM
I love long dark hair! I don't think it looks creepy/scary at all. Only when it's healthy is true. I don't like to see unhealthy long dark hair. I think your brother was being silly and also being a jerk.

littlestarface
March 6th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Reviving an old thread. When I was trying to grow long hair in my early twenties, my sister saw me coming out of the shower with soaking wet uncombed dark hair all over my face. She got scared because at that moment I looked like Samara, the girl of the cursed videotape from the movie The Ring (2002). Especially in the scene when she comes of the well with wet hair all over her face and crawls out of the television. I felt really bad for my sister and cut my hair short after that (also because I didn't know yet how to care for long hair).

Strange, why was your wet hair all over your face? That would annoy me like crazy and be very gross ew I hate feeling wet hair on my wet skin. How old was your sister 5?

pandabarrier
March 6th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Strange, why was your wet hair all over your face? That would annoy me like crazy and be very gross ew I hate feeling wet hair on my wet skin. How old was your sister 5?
I don't remember why my wet hair was on my face, 99% of time I come out of the shower with detangled towel-dried hair (now is only turbie twist).
My sister is older than me, but she gets startled quite easily, and had just watched The Ring movie, that scared her a lot. Lol

Aredhel
March 6th, 2017, 05:17 PM
In high school I always got compared to the girl from the Ring or the Grudge girl. Honestly it amused me and I took pride in it! :p I don't get that so much now though because my hair isn't pure black anymore (bleached ends from an ombre job 3 years ago). I rather miss it!

I love my dark hair though. I am obsessed with Tolkien, and my favourite race of Elves (the Noldorin) were known to have very dark/black hair! :)

florafox
March 6th, 2017, 05:59 PM
No not at all its very elegant in my opinion. I'm guessing it could be creepy if it was lanky or the undertones didn't match ones skin. Otherwise its beautiful, I have brown-black hair and I can't wait to have long hair!

CayAsh
March 6th, 2017, 06:21 PM
In high school I always got compared to the girl from the Ring or the Grudge girl. Honestly it amused me and I took pride in it! :p I don't get that so much now though because my hair isn't pure black anymore (bleached ends from an ombre job 3 years ago). I rather miss it!

I love my dark hair though. I am obsessed with Tolkien, and my favourite race of Elves (the Noldorin) were known to have very dark/black hair! :)

Oh my gosh! I had the same thing in high school. Although, my hair is a very dark red that looks brown almost black without sunlight. I want to do a Tolkien elf style photo shoot once my hair is hip or tailbone :)

littlestarface
March 6th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Hmm I think i'm too olive skinned to look scary with my black hair tho my oldest son had an incident with my hair that sooo reminded us of the ringu. I had cooked spaghetti and allegedly one of my hairs was in said spaghetti but he didn't notice until it was in his mouth and he began pulling out the hair(n my hair is like 49 inches) like the scene where she pulls out the wire from her mouth LOOOL :oops: so embarrassing.

Now I wear my hair up when I make food no matter what.

languagenut
March 6th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Yesss it's sooo creepy; I can't fathom how anyone could have their hair that way! shudder:

Just kidding ;-). Actually, I've long admired long dark hair, even thought about dyeing my own hair dark brown. Still not sure if I'll do it or not.

I really wouldn't make decisions based on the opinions of brothers (I have five, and they tease me about my hair, my languages, my handedness, my musical tastes, my singleness, etc etc...), or such easily impressionable people who are scared by seeing someone's hair in their face! As if you would suddenly transform into some kind of strange creature in the shower! That's just silliness, and I recommend not worrying about it! Just do your hair the way YOU like!

Rowanoake
March 6th, 2017, 07:48 PM
My mother had beautiful long dark hair when I was little, and cut it short after she had cancer a few years ago. It's finally getting longer again, and it makes me so happy because it's a very tangible indicator of her continued good health. I'm so happy to see her with longer hair again!
Long dark hair is beautiful

littlestarface
March 6th, 2017, 07:54 PM
I should take a picture after I get out of the shower just for this thread :demon:

pandabarrier
March 6th, 2017, 07:57 PM
he didn't notice until it was in his mouth and he began pulling out the hair(n my hair is like 49 inches) like the scene where she pulls out the wire from her mouth LOOOL :oops: so embarrassing.

Lol :laugh:

Aredhel
March 6th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Oh my gosh! I had the same thing in high school. Although, my hair is a very dark red that looks brown almost black without sunlight. I want to do a Tolkien elf style photo shoot once my hair is hip or tailbone :)

A Tolkien elf-style photoshoot is a fine goal to aim for. :flower: Dark hairs unite! :beerchug:

Wildcat Diva
March 6th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Around here, 'creepy' is a badge of honor for those of us in the know.

TatsuOni
March 7th, 2017, 02:06 AM
I don't think that it looks creepy, but if someone would tell me that I look creepy with long black hair, I would take it as a compliment. I like creepy! :laugh:

*Wednesday*
March 7th, 2017, 07:55 AM
I'm ethnic and have dark hair. Never been told I look creepy. However going too dark, Black hair color that looks very unnatural and artificial can do no justice.

Mrstran
March 7th, 2017, 08:12 AM
No way! I always thought it would be awesome if I had a darker skin tone so I could pull off black hair. I'm pasty white and it looks just awful on me. If you seen it you'd agree.

I always thought (and I only speak for myself here) that lighter hair gives a female the cute or pretty look. Darker hair (again, my opinion only) gives females more of the "hot" look, but not at all creepy.

Cg
March 7th, 2017, 10:07 AM
I don't even understand the question. How could hair color or length = creepy?

SheWhoCariesSun
March 7th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Nooooo, I dont think it looks creepy UNLESS you keep it looking unkempt or frizzy all the time, or keep it in an unbrushed look. Think about Demi Moore; she is 54 years old and has hair down to her waist or upper hip bone and she looks NOTHING like a creepy witch. I think it's all about how you present yourself, your hair, your makeup or clothing choices. but yeah, if you select to go to Walmart in your PJs with loose unbrushed snaggle-tooth hair then you might look a bit creepy.

SheWhoCariesSun
March 7th, 2017, 11:53 AM
I'm ethnic and have dark hair. Never been told I look creepy. However going too dark, Black hair color that looks very unnatural and artificial can do no justice.

I agree on the fake black - if your haircolor looks like someone colored your hair with a black Sharpie pen, that would lend to a creepy look, an unnatural look IMO.

moon_witch
March 7th, 2017, 12:47 PM
When I have my hair down, my little brother says I look like a witch! 'Oh look the witch has appeared!'

That's what I am and that's the look I'm going for :magic: :lol:

I actually don't think that long dark wavy hair looks creepy though!

Alun
March 7th, 2017, 05:46 PM
It only looks creepy if it has spiders and/or bats in it! There's an idea for Halloween.

dansyl
March 7th, 2017, 07:28 PM
I don't think long dark hair is creepy at all. If anything it's beautiful and sexy.

Alissalocks
March 7th, 2017, 09:05 PM
I don't even understand the question. How could hair color or length = creepy?
Well, there are horror movies like The Ring that lend the association to it, but I think it's awesome. Which is why I wear mine black and long long lonnnngggg as I can :magic:

truepeacenik
March 7th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Around here, 'creepy' is a badge of honor for those of us in the know.

But only vaguely.

truepeacenik
March 7th, 2017, 10:07 PM
It only looks creepy if it has spiders and/or bats in it! There's an idea for Halloween.

Paging Merlin, Bat Obsessed Brit.

I have multiple hair toys with bat imagery. None is for Halloween.
All are because bats are fascinating creatures.

elise.autumn
August 5th, 2020, 04:16 PM
Well, there are horror movies like The Ring that lend the association to it, but I think it's awesome. Which is why I wear mine black and long long lonnnngggg as I can :magic:

I'll give this thread a bump to respond - once a friend said I looked like the girl in The Ring. I Googled images and ahhhh. I realized he was (at least mostly) joking.

But I do get occasional comments about being creepy... I've attributed this to a usually stoic face, tendency to sit in corners and people watch, and long, curly, red hair.

PurpleMoonstone
August 5th, 2020, 04:47 PM
I think long dark hair looks beautiful - creepy is subjective :p just my style alone is enough for some people to call me creepy but I don't mind haha.

Bri-Chan
August 5th, 2020, 07:18 PM
I'll give this thread a bump to respond - once a friend said I looked like the girl in The Ring. I Googled images and ahhhh. I realized he was (at least mostly) joking.

But I do get occasional comments about being creepy... I've attributed this to a usually stoic face, tendency to sit in corners and people watch, and long, curly, red hair.

The first time I decided black hair was my "true" natural color (black was always a safe hair color to me) I was 12. I wanted my hair looked like the girl in The Ring :laugh:

Dark40
August 5th, 2020, 08:20 PM
Nah, I don't think long dark hair is creepy either. But I do prefer long light colored hair though.

oldrocker
August 5th, 2020, 08:34 PM

Hmm....maybe I'm just past caring about movie roles...but your description of yourself sounds to me as someone reserved....not creepy.

????
O.R.

0xalis
August 5th, 2020, 11:21 PM
Oh heck no! But I mean that being said I don't see goth people as creepy either, and the only people I can really see being considered creepy for having long dark hair is goths!
My wife's hair is the blackest black hair I've ever seen and it doesn't look creepy at all when it's longer. I guess it does help though that she's brown, having pale skin might contribute to the "Ring" look lol.

Bat
August 6th, 2020, 12:20 AM
my personal goth aesthetic is super long blue black hair, it's part of the reason why I am growing it, creepy is really the eye of the beholder, some people might find long black hair creepy and other will find it is gorgeous. At the end of the day if you like long black hair then have long black hair.

Briar.Rose
August 6th, 2020, 09:49 AM
I’ve had people tell be my hair is too light or too dark, I’m a natural blond, I loved my hair dyed dark it brings out facial features and depth in the skin.

bokeh
August 6th, 2020, 11:04 AM
There are plenty of Disney characters with long black hair. They’re beautiful and don’t look creepy.

C_Bookworm
August 6th, 2020, 02:23 PM
My brain goes to Lord of the Rings elves, so no it’s not creepy to me, but ethereal. As evidenced by the fact I henndigo my hair darker :rollin:

Jane99
August 6th, 2020, 04:59 PM
I just want to add that... I hate the concept of “witches with long black hair” being considered creepy in the first place. How many of us would have been burned at the stake a few hundred years ago for being independent, free thinking, out of the normal, maybe even powerful women/people?

oldrocker
August 6th, 2020, 05:31 PM
haters be hatinnnn.....is what comes to mind when people make such generalizations. Instead of finding something to fill that hole they have inside, it is sooooo much easier with social media, especially now, to try to generate a 'cult' following that probably wouldn't make sense to anyone if they gave it half a thought.

Long dark hair is one of my 59 favorite types....lol It would be so arbitrary without the media images over the years, eh????

O.R.
(who would have loved to have long dark hair)

MadHouseWitch
August 6th, 2020, 06:05 PM
Since this older thread popped up an I read it.... Let's just say some circles this discussion is a compliment! HAHA! (I'm Wiccan, and see handle name ;) )
I henna mine to make it red, because it was supposed to be that way at birth (so the earlier red hair could get you burnt, is probably some past life/relative/whatever) You do you. We all get poo poo'd on enough as it is. My High Priestess is currently stuck between people calling her "old looking" (she is growing out grey.... *ahem* SILVER) and her Husband/ High Priest who likes how wonderfully witchy it is. So, you can't please everyone, so at least please yourself!

Dark40
August 6th, 2020, 06:33 PM
I’ve had people tell be my hair is too light or too dark, I’m a natural blond, I loved my hair dyed dark it brings out facial features and depth in the skin.

Yeah, me too also love my hair being dyed a dark color! You are very right that it brings out your facial features and in depth skin. Especially, if you're olive complexioned.

elise.autumn
August 6th, 2020, 06:59 PM
Hmm....maybe I'm just past caring about movie roles...but your description of yourself sounds to me as someone reserved....not creepy.

????
O.R.

Oh, I remembered context around my friend saying I looked like the girl from The Ring. My friends were taking a group picture and I was hiding in the back, photobombing by letting my hair fall loose around my face while I glared at the camera. This is an inside joke with one of my friends. I've photobombed many of her pictures this way.

So... I was actually trying to look creepy. Haha!

Why? I'm not exactly sure. I think I'm just so far from the typical bubblegum type of girl (is a bubblegum girl a thing? you know, small talk, giggles, and flirting) and I would prefer to look unusual. Ethereal if possible, but then I wonder if I'm not so sleek as to look like, say, an elf. Ah well. I'll settle with looking unusual in a hopefully pleasing way, even if it looks creepy sometimes.

I read a quote once:

"I don't want to look pretty. I want to look otherworldly and vaguely threatening."

oldrocker
August 6th, 2020, 07:11 PM
Not to worry, EA,

I have a feeling, that you wish to portray yourself, exactly as you are doing.

You are yourself, first. Don't care(within limits...) of fitting into other people's expectations/desires.... and that you are simply you. bottom line.

If that is what you are..... then you have nailed it.

(bows to her highness.... Madame Elise of the Autumnal equinox) (did i get that right???)

O.R.

elise.autumn
August 6th, 2020, 07:36 PM
O.R.,

Your posts are always entertaining, but tonight, you reach an exceeding level of profoundly entertaining ramblings. I am checking LHC updates and your posts are so uniquely phrased and never boring. Do keep filling LHC.

I do hope I am who I am. Sometimes I think I've nailed it, and sometimes I think I must fit into a box. I do love boxes! Then I hate them. Ahh the joys of an analytical brain who loves to be contrarian.

You got that perfect.

E.A.

ynne
August 8th, 2020, 12:33 PM
Your photos always have an ethereal vibe, elise.autumn. c: Oh, I've seen that quote around on tumblr and always related to it.

oldrocker
August 8th, 2020, 04:24 PM
O.R.,

Your posts are always entertaining, but tonight, you reach an exceeding level of profoundly entertaining ramblings. I am checking LHC updates and your posts are so uniquely phrased and never boring. Do keep filling LHC.

You got that perfect.

E.A.

hmm....now I want to create myself a T-shirt that states 'Me, of the profoundly entertaining ramblings' of course, that would probably backfire, as then people would expect every utterance to be of a quality level. picture: You want fries with that? (Me) Thou mustath make an accompanyment of those delicate carbo-enhanced starch-delivery-systems to enhance me nocturnal munchie run!!!

oh, please... I gag myself with a spoon

O.R.

Amy-Lee
October 3rd, 2020, 11:33 PM

What do you think?

Long/wavy/dark hair is absolutely beautiful. I was told the same thing many of times. I've heard some people say it makes me look old, plain, or witchy. I don't pay any attention. As long as I like it, it doesn't matter what other people think.

GoddesJourney
October 3rd, 2020, 11:53 PM
I think this only makes sense if you don't come from a place where long dark hair is normal. I would think if everyone you knew had light hair or short hair or both, this long and dark thing would seem strange. Is what it is. My mom thinks blue eyes are creepy, especially if the person has very pale skin. To be fair, I think she associates it with the lecherous older white men who went to her country to creep on young girls. I guess what is beautiful to some can be abnormal or scary to others for various reasons.

My dad wrote a story in college about a village remote village where all the women had green eyes because they had been banned from the town due to manufactured xenophobia. Someone had a grudge against a green-eyed woman. She convinced everyone that her green eyes were some sign of evil or "witchcraft" or some related nonsense. I read it long ago and don't remember all the details. Anyway, people view certain traits subjectively.

Hexen
October 4th, 2020, 12:07 AM
No

(and because posts shorter than ten characters aren't allowed apparently..... I wrote this.....just to be able to say "no")

Bri-Chan
October 4th, 2020, 05:23 AM
I think this only makes sense if you don't come from a place where long dark hair is normal. I would think if everyone you knew had light hair or short hair or both, this long and dark thing would seem strange. Is what it is. My mom thinks blue eyes are creepy, especially if the person has very pale skin. To be fair, I think she associates it with the lecherous older white men who went to her country to creep on young girls. I guess what is beautiful to some can be abnormal or scary to others for various reasons.

My dad wrote a story in college about a village remote village where all the women had green eyes because they had been banned from the town due to manufactured xenophobia. Someone had a grudge against a green-eyed woman. She convinced everyone that her green eyes were some sign of evil or "witchcraft" or some related nonsense. I read it long ago and don't remember all the details. Anyway, people view certain traits subjectively.

This is an interesting point of view!
I first answered this thread saying I wanted, when I was 12, long black hair taking inspiration from The Ring's girl. But, honestly, where I live long dark hair can't be seen as creepy. Dark hair isn't uncommon at all here. I actually have several friends with long dark hair. It's something too regular to be seen as creepy in my culture.

sipnsun
October 4th, 2020, 06:18 AM
I don't think any hair color is creepy, and I think this world would be very boring if everyone looked the same.

Bat
October 4th, 2020, 06:37 AM
No

(and because posts shorter than ten characters aren't allowed apparently..... I wrote this.....just to be able to say "no")

White Color font and many commas or periods then have No visible

sipnsun
October 4th, 2020, 06:55 AM
White Color font and many commas or periods then have No visible

I never would have thought of that, thanks for sharing!

Bat
October 4th, 2020, 07:10 AM
I never would have thought of that, thanks for sharing!

Trade secret exposed!

sipnsun
October 4th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Trade secret exposed!

LOL, I need all the help I can get!

Afanen
October 4th, 2020, 03:24 PM
Not particularly, but the reason why I love it for myself is because it makes me feel witchy/dark/Morticia-esque.
On it's own, it's just as mundane as any other hair color. It's how you present yourself that can make it look (wonderfully) "creepy."

cjk
October 4th, 2020, 04:06 PM
If you style it right, it can be wonderfully creepy. Morticia Addams comes to mind. Lily Munster. Vampira!

With Halloween coming up it would be a great look.

truepeacenik
October 5th, 2020, 08:42 AM
I have a comment, leaned here, for when rude people commment.

I am not here to decorate your world.

I add, I am here to decorate mine..

browntatis
October 5th, 2020, 09:22 AM
I think it depends alot on the person's conplexion.
Im Hispanic and tan, my natural hair color is brown, I have tried every color that there is, but I keep coming back to black hair because is the color that looks better on me, and I dont think I look creepy at all :)

cat11
October 5th, 2020, 11:15 AM
Yes black or dark hair is the natural color for tons of people and I always think natural color suits people best.

I also love black hair or dark brown In general. I used to dye my hair black but the last time I did that was 2012. When I go grey (hopefully in decades from now..) Ive considered going back to dark dark brown.

C_Bookworm
October 5th, 2020, 11:42 AM
I have a comment, leaned here, for when rude people commment.

I am not here to decorate your world.

I add, I am here to decorate mine..

Bwahahahaha! That is fantastic. I love that.

Natalia_A00
October 5th, 2020, 12:48 PM
I love long dark hair! Well, maybe I'm not being very objective here since I have long dark hair myself, but... I love it. And that "creepy" look is not a bad thing for me at all, since I have always liked goth/dark aesthetics.

HaMalka
October 5th, 2020, 02:53 PM
When the lighting and the styling make you look like the girl from The Ring and you are lurking in a basement or around an unexpected corner, it does indeed creep some people out.

*especially if the person who finds you watches horror movies and is easily scared.

ETA: I have not seen the ring, the first of these incidents was entirely accidental.