PDA

View Full Version : How to give hair a brown shade tint naturally using natural methods?

glitterbug
September 13th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Hiya!

My hair is a very dark brown/black, and I wanted to know If there are any herbs or anything natural I could use to make the hair a more richer brown and give it a browny tint? I dont want to use henna, just something not permanent.

Thanks all!

Hairitic
September 13th, 2013, 08:25 AM
You might try Katam/Buxus which you can get from hennasouq.com. It gives brown tones on it's own. I've also heard of using Walnut Hulls to get a brown dye but not sur of the process. This question might get more responses in the Recipes, Henna and Herbal Care Board. Best wishes! ;)

Yozhik
September 13th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Hmm....I've heard rosemary enhances brown tones, but I don't know if it would make lighter brown tones on darker hair. :hmm:

MonaMayfair
September 13th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Hmm....I've heard rosemary enhances brown tones, but I don't know if it would make lighter brown tones on darker hair. :hmm:

I've always read rosemary's supposed to darken hair...

MissAlida
September 13th, 2013, 09:20 AM
You could try balsamic vinegar rinses. It used to make my brown hair very shiny. It's cheap and easy to use. Dilute it well ( 1 tbs to 2 cups water) and after you have washed and conditioned your hair, pour the rinse over. :)

Anje
September 13th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Not sure how it'd work, but you could always try something like coffee. It definitely stains my cups a nice rich brown, but it'd probably shampoo off.

Yozhik
September 13th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I've always read rosemary's supposed to darken hair...

Oh, I thought it was supposed to deepen browns? :?

Anje - I've heard about coffee rinses, too - it's not just good for drinking! :p

ETA: and congrats! I didn't realize you had become a mod! :flower:

Leeloo
September 13th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I wonder if any of these suggestions would cover up greys

:sun:

jeanniet
September 13th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I wonder if any of these suggestions would cover up greys

:sun:

Not really enough to make it worthwhile. I played around with a lot of herbs, and none of them made much of an impact on my grays, although mine are pretty resistant. The thing with most herbs is they usually have to build up over time, so you have to use them every time, and it's just a pain. If buxus works, it'll last longer, but it seems to fade quickly for most people. It was a bust for me.