PDA

View Full Version : From the far off land of Canada...

xyirii
September 12th, 2013, 04:50 PM
...however I am originally from Minnesota. Just can't seem to escape that fabulous cold weather in the winter.

I've been a lurker on these forums for a while and took a break because of traveling and various life issues. But now I'm back, and as a member. I am a freelance illustrator/IT tech but I dabble in things such as web design, programming, or gaming. I'm currently trying to get my life on track since I recently found out I have a severe gluten allergy and my hair is one of the areas I am working on.

I have some seriously pesky hair. I tend to liken it to a mop. Fluffy, frizzy, dull, etc. It has undergone dying for over a decade now, but I have never used bleach. The closest I've come to bleaching my hair is using a high lift dye which has similar elements but is not entirely bleach. Due to using shampoo and conditioner that had ingredients I later found out I was allergic to, I had to cut off my hair which used to be waist-length. Now it's shoulder-length and in need of some serious TLC(despite the things I've tried so far). Hope to find useful information to help me obtain some totally awesome hair.

+ Meg

Wavelength
September 12th, 2013, 04:54 PM
It's not that far. We have several Canadian members here, and several more from Europe. I live in Montréal myself. It's not that US-centric around here. ;)

Welcome to the forums, and have fun looking around. There's lot of good info here. You might want to check out silicone-free conditioner-only washing from what you've mentioned about your hair so far, but there's a lot of things to try! If you've been lurking for awhile then you might already have some ideas of where to start.

xyirii
September 12th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Haha I was mainly joking about the Canada thing. Sometimes it feels like I'm still in the states.

I live right outside of Edmonton and I know there's a ton of resources I can find in town. It's just a matter of finding them. This is going to be difficult, for sure, because I react negatively to a lot of natural ingredients. Like ACV, for instance. And citric acid. Both of those make me itch and burn terribly on my scalp no matter how diluted it is or if I rinse it right after putting it in. My skin is hyper-sensitive and it drives me nuts. Hope I can find alternatives because shampoo and I do -not- get along.