PDA

View Full Version : Look how small my bun is !!

sarahthegemini
September 12th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Sorry for the poor quality of the picture ...

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/sarahthegemini/media/20130912_221605_zps758c1b43.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

It's quite pathetic, I'm holding it in place with 3 spin pins ... :o

Funkyfish
September 12th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Don't worry, it will get better when your hair gets longer! I looks nice on you!

deja
September 12th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Hey, we gotta work with what we got!

Anje
September 12th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Awww, it's cute!

For what it's worth, as one with that infinitely compactable type of fine hair, I know what it's like to have a little doorknob-bun on my head.

sarahthegemini
September 12th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I can't wait to have a bit more length to bulk it out, although it does make me feel like a ballerina :cheese:

samanthajenalyn
September 12th, 2013, 03:54 PM
mines the same size! its so frustrating, it seems like it never grows lol.

hafattack
September 12th, 2013, 03:55 PM
In the mean time though, it is absolutely adorable!!

deja
September 12th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Try a sock bun!! They make your hair look much thicker.

sarahthegemini
September 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM
N'aww thanks for the sweet comments :)

peepopowitz
September 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM
In the mean time though, it is absolutely adorable!!

I came to say this! Really, OP, adorable. Mine's the same size, btw, and I'm, like, so proud of it. Wear it proud!

Leeloo
September 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM
It is adorable!

neko_kawaii
September 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM
kawaii! So cute!

jacqueline101
September 12th, 2013, 04:32 PM
It's will get bigger as it grows.

lapushka
September 12th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Oh it's cute. Just wait until your hair gets longer! :)

Arien
September 12th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Awwww! It's cute! Lol :)

sarahthegemini
September 12th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I get so envious seeing you guys with lovely thick hair and big buns, and can't help feel a little ... puney in comparison, but you guys have made me smile so much!

Indigo Girl
September 12th, 2013, 04:54 PM
It's very cute. :)

I'm another one that's always had teeny tiny buns. It looks like our hair types are pretty similar; my hair compacts up pretty small too!

embee
September 12th, 2013, 05:50 PM
How long is your hair? Mine is at terminal/classic (just barely) and I often wear a 3-spin-pin bun - and it's not all that much bigger than yours. I like mine as a top knot. :)

sarahthegemini
September 12th, 2013, 05:53 PM
How long is your hair? Mine is at terminal/classic (just barely) and I often wear a 3-spin-pin bun - and it's not all that much bigger than yours. I like mine as a top knot. :)

Just past my shoulders :)

shutterpillar
September 12th, 2013, 05:56 PM
*pokes it* it's so adorable. :o
P.s. - I'm another with tiny buns. Evidence is in my album photos. :p

AmyBeth
September 12th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Aww, it's a baby-bun! Babies grow.:)

Indigo Girl
September 12th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Aww, it's a baby-bun! Babies grow.:)

I love that!

aksown
September 12th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Yep, I have eensy-weensy buns too and my hair is just almost at tailbone. :) When I need a big bun day I use a paranda.

Kayla Nyx
September 12th, 2013, 09:36 PM
awe <3 its so cute! And yes, like the others say, dont worry- it will grow (: Just enjoy this length while you still have it, and look forward to the longer ones.

BlazingHeart
September 12th, 2013, 09:45 PM
It's cute, it will grow, and you will be able to do the more complex styles thick haired people can't do. I couldn't do even the most basic of buns until about hip length, where you can do them now at shoulder!

chen bao jun
September 12th, 2013, 10:02 PM
You have a bun! And its all yours.
(A lot of buns are fake or plumped out with socks or something)
Yours actually looks nice and will get bigger.

My bun is tiny too although my hair is thick.

biogirl87
September 13th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Sarahthegemini, I think your bun is cute too. I'm a little surprised you're able to hide three spin pins in that bun.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 13th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Small but perfectly formed, sarahgemini. And it will GROW!

sarahthegemini
September 13th, 2013, 04:43 AM
I love you guys :beerchug:

Sarahthegemini, I think your bun is cute too. I'm a little surprised you're able to hide three spin pins in that bun.

I'm surprised too, they're only just concealed :o

MissAlida
September 13th, 2013, 06:05 AM
I used to have tiny buns (I cut my hair to chin 2 weeks ago, and I don't regret it, the shedding was driving me crazy). I never wore my hair up. All the girls seem to have long, thick, shampoo-commercial perfect natural (!- no extensions) hair around here. It's so frustrating. But hey, we need to work what we got. If it's healthy, it'll grow and you'll have a bigger bun in no time. :)

Wildcat Diva
September 13th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Your hair is very nice.

I have been working on the art of deception to create a bigger bun, when I feel like having one. There are different styles you can do, and positioning your hair in a way that is flatter, instead of a bee butt style can make a bun look bigger. Sometimes I make a single English braid, and pull on the strands to puff it out, then I make a flat loop tucking the end underneath and use a hair fork. You can make the loop bigger if you want, the more length you have. A seashell style bun might work this way too, if you have a lot of length.

NuclearApple
September 13th, 2013, 07:14 AM
it's cute c: it will get fuller when your hair will get longer,don't worry.

Stray_mind
September 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I think it looks very cute. I can't even make a bun this size yet, so it's really good for you. And it'll get bigger as your hair grows.

sarahthegemini
September 13th, 2013, 09:16 AM
:flowers:

(

Remi
March 8th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Your hair is very nice.

I have been working on the art of deception to create a bigger bun, when I feel like having one. There are different styles you can do, and positioning your hair in a way that is flatter, instead of a bee butt style can make a bun look bigger. Sometimes I make a single English braid, and pull on the strands to puff it out, then I make a flat loop tucking the end underneath and use a hair fork. You can make the loop bigger if you want, the more length you have. A seashell style bun might work this way too, if you have a lot of length.

I like this idea. I will try it. And don't worry about your bun size. My hair now is between armpit and bra strap, and still I have a small bun.

meteor
March 8th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Who said that buns need to be big to look pretty?
And yours will definitely get bigger because at APL, it's already great that you can put all your hair up. It will only get bigger from here.

If you want to make it look bigger, use a scarf, a paranda, a sock/donut - they make buns look big and heavy. Adding accent braids or adding texture to your hair by braiding it overnight before putting it up can also make your bun bigger. More curl results in bigger bun.

LadyCelestina
March 8th, 2014, 01:03 PM
I think it is to be expected...I mean I would call your bun "small" for your length if it was this size and you were past classic,but at APL,it looks okay and not pathetic at all :flower:

HazelBug
March 8th, 2014, 03:49 PM
My bun is kind of tiny like that right now too! I'm just a little past shoulder length right now. I'm so glad that I can sort of bun it a little now!

vanillabones
March 8th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Mine is not even double that size and I'm justttt at waist. I feel your small-bun pain. I can get an almost normal sized bun by using a baby sock to make a sock bun.

spidermom
March 8th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I think that is what is commonly known around here as a bee-butt bun. Very cute. You remind me of a ballerina with it.

My favorite style for that length was the french twist. My hair was way too thick to bun at that length.