PDA

View Full Version : Going for a trim Saturday

florenonite
September 3rd, 2008, 09:55 AM
My hair suffered a bit of a beating over the summer (shame on me for not taking proper care of it!) and my wee sister's going to get her hair cut on Saturday, so I figure I might as well, too. I'm going to the same hairdresser I've gone to for as long as I can remember, so for the most part she knows what I like with regards to my hair, though wanting to keep it long will be a surprise to her. I've got a V hemline with layers, and want eventually a complete blunt cut, but at the same time a lot of the damage is at the front of the V, so I'm thinking I'll just ask for half an inch to an inch off at the ends. Is there anything more I should ask for or specify?

spidermom
September 3rd, 2008, 10:22 AM
Be sure to discuss your goal with her (if you haven't already). Every time I see my stylist, I touch just under my hiney and tell her "I want you to cut my hair down to here."

chrissy-b
September 3rd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Spidermom has the best advice, just be sure she knows what you're long term goal is so she doesn't take off more than you're willing to let go of. And be sure to post pics!!

florenonite
September 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely let her know what my ultimate goal is; she'll probably understand because she remembers me when I was wee with long hair. And I'll make sure I post pics, though they won't be up till after I get back to uni because I left my camera cable there.

florenonite
September 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM
She cut off a wee bit more than I'd hoped, but I suppose the ends really needed it, as she did comment on how awful they were *runs away ashamed of bad hair care*. However, the ends are now nice, and there are fewer layers, both of which are pluses, and my mum said it didn't look much shorter, so I suppose it doesn't. I'll measure it when I get the chance and post a pic once I get my camera cable back.

ETA: I now have measurements and pictures. Pre-trim was 27" (though I suspect I messed up this measuring, because it seemed overly long), post-trim is 23.5".

Pre-trim pic (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1012&pictureid=20721)

Post-trim pic (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1012&pictureid=20722)