PDA

View Full Version : getting volume in between washes

bunnylake
September 11th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I'm an every day washer but I'm going to try stretching washes again. Batiste dry shampoo works okay for me, but my hair is still very flat at the roots. Is there a volumizing product, like a powder maybe, that I could use in between washes that works well? And that is relatively inexpensive?
Thanks!

Firefox7275
September 11th, 2013, 06:59 PM
More dry shampoo, but wipe the excess out with a soft towel don't be skimpy and try to brush it out. Also a protein conditioner when you wash, maybe even a protein shampoo.

GrowingGlory
September 11th, 2013, 09:43 PM
NightBlooming offers a dry shampoo in her Etsy store. You could apply a small amount of it with a large cosmetic-type powder brush, wait a minute, then blow dry on cool to remove excess dry shampoo.

velorutionista
September 11th, 2013, 09:52 PM
I have good luck sleeping with my hair in a loose topknot (or sock bun if I also want curls) when I want extra volume without washing my hair in the morning.

cooklaezo13
September 12th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Spritz your hair with water (don't neglect the roots) to make it slightly damp and sleep with it in a bun on top of your head.

For a dry shampoo, try arrowroot powder for light hair, for a mix of 50% arrowroot powder, 50% cocoa powder for dark hair. Brush onto roots with a big cosmetic brush. Wait 10 minutes and then brush out with a boar bristle brush.

clioariane
September 12th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Have you tried the Batiste XXL Volume version? That's what I use in between washes or if I want some serious volume. John Frieda also just came out with a root lifting spray (Luxurious Volume line) that's supposed to be great.