PDA

View Full Version : Manic panic classic cream or amplified?

Natural_Locks24
September 10th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I'm thinking about trying manic panic vampire red over my henna'd hair and was wondering which formula would you guys recommend? Amplified or classic? I'm hoping it will help get rid of the henna orange. My hair is naturally medium ashy brown and the warm red just doesn't look good with my pale pink skin tone.

Firefox7275
September 11th, 2013, 08:31 AM
If you are trying to neutralise orange I *think* you'd want more of a cool/ blue-y based red, is Vampire Red that? How porous is your hair and how strong/ bright/ deep do you want the result?

rose313
September 11th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I think Manic Panic contains metallic salts, that's not going to react with the henna, right? I'm not a henna expert. Amplified supposedly lasts 30% longer, I'd go with classic first just in case you need to fade it.

Natural_Locks24
September 12th, 2013, 10:42 AM
If you are trying to neutralise orange I *think* you'd want more of a cool/ blue-y based red, is Vampire Red that? How porous is your hair and how strong/ bright/ deep do you want the result?
I want a deep cool red, I think my hair is pretty porous.

Firefox7275
September 12th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I want a deep cool red, I think my hair is pretty porous.

If your hair is porous you probably don't need the amplified, just leave it on a while to penetrate - with porous hair it will get darker than you expect the longer you leave it. I would go for a slightly cooler/ pinker red than you want the end result to be, some of the orange of the henna will blend with it: it does with strawberry blonde from old box dye anyway.

MissCarrion
September 19th, 2013, 02:08 AM
I have mid-dark brown hair, and I dyed it recently with Manic Panic Rock n Roll Red, and it's turned out really well - it was just the classic creme. I normally leave mine on for around 2.5-4 hours, depending on how long I have. I just chuck my hair in a loose high bun, wrap my head in gladwrap/clingwrap, and watch a few episodes of whatever show I'm currently enjoying, and then rinse it out really well. I find the colour lasts longer then too.