View Full Version : Getting hair cut tomorrow - Any ideas?

Hatsumomo
September 3rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
Okay so for a couple of weeks I've been really fed up with my hair. There are three dyejobs hidden under a tonne of henna as well as many memories (eg. hair that's still there when something happened a couple of years ago) I'd like to help reduce. It's also a bit wonky in places because of my hormonal imbalance, I had a lot of male hormones which cause male pattern hairloss(all grown back) and little tufty bits at the sides and the nape of my neck which have grown to around shoulderlength.

I'm kinda planning on keeping it this length until the henna is out too. I love my henna but I really am too lazy to do the upkeep (and I've ruined my natural wool carpet) and after it's gone, I'll grow it back to waist and see what happens.

I was thinking something like Davina McCall's in the Garnier advert but I'm really open to ideas.

http://www.visit4info.com/sitecontent/LG/fullZZZZZZTVC080326085845PIC.jpg

I may even think about a fringe.... I'm not going anywhere though lol.

Any ideas would be great :)

lady G
September 3rd, 2008, 06:34 AM
I think her hair is lovely go for it. I would get the cut first without a fringe and see if you like it, then if you still fancy a fringe after that then go back for the fringe!!! good luck I hope you love your new cut:)

FrannyG
September 3rd, 2008, 06:43 AM
You have the kind of face that will suit just about any style, and I think the cut in the photo would be lovely on you. I also think that you would look equally lovely with or without fringe, but it's probably best to do one thing at a time. :)

I really understand the many reasons why you want this cut, and I know that letting go of some of that hair at this point will be very freeing for you. Please make sure that you tell the hairstylist exactly what you want. :agree:

I wish you well with your cut, and I'll be waiting for photos. :blossom:

Islandgrrl
September 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
I'm with Franny on this one. You would look really beautiful with just about any style you choose! and the one in the picture would look great.

Good luck with your new cut - we want pictures of it when it's done!

Hatsumomo
September 3rd, 2008, 07:11 AM
Hiya, thanks for the replies:). Believe me, you'll get photos lol! None of my past haircuts have avoided that fate so neither will this one ;) !

I think I'll avoid the fringe for now though.

I'm really excited! I've booked myself into a really highly-rated salon and I'm paying double what I used to pay when I was a salon regular at the place I used to go to. We all need to treat ourselves once in a while :)

Samikha
September 3rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
I seem to be a bit late to the party; I just wanted to say good luck and I hope you'll be happy with your new look!

Tangles
September 3rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Hey, I think you would look really good with dark brown hair with no red undertones... not sure what your natural color is though... and I also think you shouldn't cover up your good facial structure with fringe... maybe a really long side swept one?

Hatsumomo
September 4th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Well it's gone! I'm now five inches shorter and have slight layers and a slight sidefringe. It feels a lot healthier and thicker and I can't see any splits!

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1425/hair2mb7.jpg

Dodgy phonecam picture....

My stylist had amazing hair herself (about bsl, long by stylists standards and thick and black) so I felt pretty safe. She promised not to go near it with thinning scissors too:). I wasn't charged for the blowdry so I tipped her and the assistant. They definately deserved it, it was the best salon experience I've had and plan on returning soon!

Samikha
September 4th, 2008, 06:43 AM
It's really cute! I love how it showcases your face.

lady G
September 4th, 2008, 10:15 AM
looks awesome!!!! glad you had a good experience with the stylist its always good to find one you trust:D

Hatsumomo
September 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks! I'm really pleased with it and I think it'll be alright to maintain while I grow out my natural colour too. I'm definately sticking with the stylist!