PDA

View Full Version : hair color changes. . .. naturally

mamaherrera
September 9th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Just wondering if any of you have noticed your natural hair color start to lighten in your 30's?? I've just noticed that mine lately has been more towards brown, instead of the dark brown I remember it. I know I have some whites in there, but not all over yet to where that would be the reason. Anyone else experience this???? Is it "I'm getting old kind of thing?""

stachelbeere
September 9th, 2013, 12:41 PM
my mom's hair. she used to have very dark brown hair and it has lightened quiet a bit recently (she's in her 50's). she doesn't have a lot of gray hairs but her overall colour is lighter.

Lady Mary
September 9th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mine is doing the opposite, it's getting darker as I age.

Anje
September 9th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Mine is doing the opposite, it's getting darker as I age.
Me too. Since about my early-to-mid 20s, I've been going from bright auburn to a medium-dark brunette. If I don't get out the Sun-in and henna soon, I might have to change my avatar. :P

hikarilu
September 9th, 2013, 01:33 PM
my sister's hair lightened during her pregnancy (when she was 28), i don't know if it's hormones or her age though...
Her hair was almost black and is now chocolate brown.

hikarilu
September 9th, 2013, 01:34 PM
forgot to say she also lost 1/3 of her hair too at that time... :(

Arien
September 9th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Mine is doing the opposite. It is getting darker as I age. I was quite surprised at how dark it is getting!

PamelaViktoria
September 9th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Wow! I would love my hair to lighten! It has only darkened for me!

browneyedsusan
September 10th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Mine went from strawberry blond to medium ash brown in my 20's.
(Thank you henna, for making me red again!)

kitschy
September 10th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Mine darkened until I was in my early 40's then started getting lighter (gray) again. Since I am an ash -blonde, my hair mostly just looks lighter, not gray.

mamaherrera
September 13th, 2013, 11:42 AM
thanks for sharing, who knows what's going on!! Thanks

Stray_mind
September 13th, 2013, 11:53 AM
My hair got lighter since i was a kid. But in winter they somehow get darker again.

jacqueline101
September 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mine has darkened on its own.

sourgrl
September 13th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Mine also has darkened... and gotter red/copper/auburn highlights among the brown :happydance: I tolerate the greys for the reds!